Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 01:36:04
A lot of Mabinogi's community went way downhill after PVP was added, campers insulting each other over a game because someone picked elf or someone picked giant. I usually only PVP with my friends in right click duel options or with people who have a good sportsmanship attitude.

Mabinogi's revival system was also really bad after getting defeated in Elf VS Giant you had to wake up on the exact spot you got knocked out in and they just hit you back down. I don't know why the developers didn't add a revive in town option or turn off PVP option from the knockout menu in PVP battles.

Sometimes I wonder how Nexon makes these mistakes  :l

Xeno Aura

I've played a couple of MMO's where there is no violence, people are generally much nicer, and way less bad language.

RTS games going out of sync (In multiplayer) which ruins the save game, I hate it when that happens. -_-

Blues-Music

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 03, 12:07:48
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 03, 07:15:41
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 16:54:22
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 02, 07:48:53
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 07:31:53
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 31, 16:30:10
Spoiler: fixed for readability. You NEED to work on just BASIC level of writing, please. It's physically painful to read what you post. • show
Psychic is a mostly mental power correct? The mind channels fear. People are usually afraid of the dark, ghosts, and insects. Thus the effectiveness.

When I can't take tons and tons and tons of shots in shooters
I like being a bullet sponge, it's fun.
I dun like dying right away, I like being able to take the damage but still have it matter.
So lots of health and no health regen, instead needing Medpacks.
That's my kind of shooter.
[/quote]You do realize the only thing you added was "The." after  thus , and an "a" before mostly.How is that painful to read?Besides those weren't there because I forgot to put them in.
Maybe you should think before you reply.
[/quote]
I do think before I reply. Do what you preach.
It is absolutely painful to read, as I pay attention to the little details, and thus it completely ruins my ability to understand. Put in what belongs and check what you typed before you post for any mistakes or you come across as an idiot.
Which you do.

When a game doesn't offer suggestions on how to improve
[/quote]You still don't care that all I did was not put two words in a sentence right?You are being a neat-freak right now.
[/quote]
No, no I'm not. It just looked like that because your post was short. Your problem multiplies as you increase your post length. Look at your spaces, that's the biggest issue. No space before a comma, space after period, you'll do fine.

When annoying in game popups.[/spoiler]
[/quote]You do realize learning English has nothing to do with the computer? I learned it through writing so I never knew it counts if I don't press space here too , but lets end this conversation know. I'm getting a huge headache.Terrible day at school got hit with the head , and all that stuff.

When I find a female gamer , and suddenly the chat is filled with " In the kitchen. " jokes. Seriously why won't people let them play in peace?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 04, 10:57:18
When I find a female gamer , and suddenly the chat is filled with " In the kitchen. " jokes. Seriously why won't people let them play in peace?

And then some of the guys get mad when she tries to get back at them with some kind of retort. Honestly, some guys actually don't seem to think there's anything wrong with "in the kitchen" jokes.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

Yeah... I've known a lot of cool gamers, but the overall "gaming community" is freaking awful. Another reason I don't play many online games  :s
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Vertigo

When I play super scribble nauts and I cant make things the right way

Book Smarts

Team mates who lose hope and give up  :l

Rissian

2012 Nov 05, 00:17:06 #207 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 05, 00:30:30 by Trege
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 04, 13:41:40

Yeah... I've known a lot of cool gamers, but the overall "gaming community" is freaking awful. Another reason I don't play many online games  :s

I'd have to agree with that it's annoying if someone says that to any gamer girl.

It's not easy finding good gaming communities almost every MMO I've played has had a bad community though you find a few good people in the bunch that don't act like that.

My sister tends to play male characters in MMO's because of the communities usually, I think RS was one of the offenders that made her play male characters in a few MMO's.

(Although nowadays she mainly plays some Xbox/Xboxlive games.)

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 05, 00:17:06

I'd have to agree with that it's annoying if someone says that to any gamer girl.

It's not easy finding good gaming communities almost every MMO I've played has had a bad community though you find a few good people in the bunch that don't act like that.

My sister tends to play male characters in MMO's because of the communities usually, I think RS was one of the offenders that made her play male characters in a few MMO's.

I've heard the having to play male characters thing is pretty common, unfortunately.

As for Xbox Live - from what I've heard, that's the most wretched hive of scum and villainy of them all. Doesn't sound like an improvement  :I

Rissian

2012 Nov 05, 01:36:25 #209 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 05, 02:25:17 by Trege
She has a few friends on Xbox live that don't act like that, and they enjoy chatting in the party system. She usually plays battlefield 3 with them. She's also played Tenchu Z Fable 3. and Assassin's creed brotherhood + revelation online.

Flamestriker

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 05, 01:01:59

I've heard the having to play male characters thing is pretty common, unfortunately.

As for Xbox Live - from what I've heard, that's the most wretched hive of scum and villainy of them all. Doesn't sound like an improvement  :I

That's sad.... I kind of get the same treatment when I'm playing because I'm a girl on some MMOs. It's just so rude. It's good that your sister has found people who don't act like that.  ^-^
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

My dad and his friends used to get together to play Halo together sometimes, and they usually didn't exactly like being on the same team as this one guy. If they got into a tough spot against the other team and needed help, he'd be like "Don't worry, I'll save you!" and then kill his teammate.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 Nov 05, 05:29:24
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 05, 01:01:59

That's sad.... I kind of get the same treatment when I'm playing because I'm a girl on some MMOs. It's just so rude. It's good that your sister has found people who don't act like that.  ^-^

On certon games on XBOX that is true. On some games.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 05, 09:28:36
My dad and his friends used to get together to play Halo together sometimes, and they usually didn't exactly like being on the same team as this one guy. If they got into a tough spot against the other team and needed help, he'd be like "Don't worry, I'll save you!" and then kill his teammate.

Me my sister and my cousin play infection on Halo Reach, we like to set the zombie team to super fast running speeds and high jumping, and if you become last man standing you get a 2x shield and fast shield regen rate so you at least stand a chance by yourself against the zombie team.

What really sucks is if you shoot your own teammates by mistake because they run in front of you, even more so if it kills them my cousin actually killed two team mates by mistake so they kicked him, and because we were on the same Xbox it kicked all of us so they lost 3 team members.  :s

Book Smarts

My LoL game is lagging and I have no idea what's causing it, I've had problems in the past with my schools connection, but people on the forums are also complaining about the lag coming from the game client.

lurk852

When it's hard to troubleshoot people's problems because they think that network lag and graphical lag are the same thing and use the same word for both...  (not directed at you, Book Smarts, that just reminded me).

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 07, 18:37:47
When it's hard to troubleshoot people's problems because they think that network lag and graphical lag are the same thing and use the same word for both...  (not directed at you, Book Smarts, that just reminded me).

It's cool,this isn't graphical, it's network/client lag and it will apparently just fix itself  :s

Wandering Star

Hey, I usually make despective jokes like, but they are mainly adressed to people very near to my and without any bad intentions (ironically). However, I equally expect them to do the same with me. In fact, I enjoy sometimes the use of imagination they perform for some insults and, it usually ends in a friendly insulting fight. I would put some examples but I think I should keep PG here.  X3

But, anyways, the lesson about friendship of today is that, sometimes, love is expressed with hate,... loving hate. Of course, it is pretty easy to know when they are joking with you, or at you. And, as I said before, if you do those kind of "loving gestures" to your friends, expect the same from them. You aren't a good pranker until you learn to laugh at people's pranks.

Whatever, on topic, things I hate in gaming? Not being able to go back on most of the old side-scroller platform games to get that power-up I missed

Zygrograxgra

Lone Wolfs.
W3n  P30pz tlk lk d1s!!11!!1
Dark rooms with flickering lights. They're not scary, they're not cool, they're literally painful to play in, whether in game or in real life.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Blues-Music

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 08, 07:37:26
Lone Wolfs.
W3n  P30pz tlk lk d1s!!11!!1
Dark rooms with flickering lights. They're not scary, they're not cool, they're literally painful to play in, whether in game or in real life.
Depends on the game. Imagine playing slender , and going into one of the houses with the lights flickering , and then boom slendy is in front of you. Won't that scare you?

Go Up