Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 02, 09:40:01
When a game makes a weird kind of language.Like in starfox adventures , Banjo kazooie , and animal crossing.I mean  if you can get a voice actor why don't you tell him to talk instead of having him say "RE RE RA RE COA SINOA KREZOA PALACA AIJLDDS"

Animal crossing was using the language of the people playing, it just sped up the text speech  lol . I feel like made up languages add depth to a game; just as long as there's no puzzle requiring to learn from it.

FPS games and how unrealistic they are  o.O

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 02, 15:50:16
FPS games and how unrealistic they are  o.O

I dunno, unrealism definitely isn't always a bad thing.

FPS games.  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Julius

Hey, I like First Person Shooters! lol

It would be nice to see more realism in war games, but it could get annoying being a videogame and all.

Ridiculous Achievements. :l
Purr~

lurk852

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 02, 16:11:12

It would be nice to see more realism in war games, but it could get annoying being a videogame and all.

Oh man, I love ridiculous achievements. That's one thing I miss about WoW - having titles/mounts obtainable by winning boss fights in really silly/difficult ways. Sometimes, after my guild got all the bosses down normally, we'd spend hours wiping on bosses trying to get that one perfect run for the achievement. Good times. Seriously!

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 02, 07:48:53
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 07:31:53
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 31, 16:30:10
Spoiler: fixed for readability. You NEED to work on just BASIC level of writing, please. It's physically painful to read what you post. • show
Psychic is a mostly mental power correct? The mind channels fear. People are usually afraid of the dark, ghosts, and insects. Thus the effectiveness.

When I can't take tons and tons and tons of shots in shooters
I like being a bullet sponge, it's fun.
I dun like dying right away, I like being able to take the damage but still have it matter.
So lots of health and no health regen, instead needing Medpacks.
That's my kind of shooter.
You do realize the only thing you added was "The." after  thus , and an "a" before mostly.How is that painful to read?Besides those weren't there because I forgot to put them in.
Maybe you should think before you reply.

I do think before I reply. Do what you preach.
It is absolutely painful to read, as I pay attention to the little details, and thus it completely ruins my ability to understand. Put in what belongs and check what you typed before you post for any mistakes or you come across as an idiot.
Which you do.

When a game doesn't offer suggestions on how to improve

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Julius

... Think you should relax a bit Zygro, you made your point. :\

Lurk, I meant ridiculous as in Getting the Oil Cans for Borderlands. That took way too long and there was no fun in getting that.

I like silly achievements, even hard achievements, just not boring achievements that serve no purpose other than 100% Completion. :P

I got the gnome achievement for L4D2, for example. That pointy headed bastard. lol
Purr~

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 02, 16:14:30

Oh man, I love ridiculous achievements. That's one thing I miss about WoW - having titles/mounts obtainable by winning boss fights in really silly/difficult ways. Sometimes, after my guild got all the bosses down normally, we'd spend hours wiping on bosses trying to get that one perfect run for the achievement. Good times. Seriously!

Did you ever get the achievement in Cataclysm called Acrocalypse Now? My guild kept wiping for that one  lol

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 02, 18:24:34
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 02, 16:14:30

Did you ever get the achievement in Cataclysm called Acrocalypse Now? My guild kept wiping for that one  lol

Nah, I mostly stopped playing when Wrath ended (#6 in ach points on the server before I quit, though... apparently there weren't many other achievement-obsessed dudes there). Looked at that one on WoWhead though, and it looks pretty crazy.

Rissian

2012 Nov 02, 22:16:21 #188 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 02, 22:17:59 by Trege
Resident Evil Outbreak crows.  :l

I was playing Kevin the cop, I missed a jump and got stuck hanging onto a cliff so the AI had to help me, I used the call for help button. The AI was already far ahead so it ended up like this.

Kevin : Help me!
AI : Hold on! *starts heading back*
Crow : Caw! But I'm already here! *crow attacks hand.*
Kevin : Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!
*Insert Resident Evil game over screen.*   :I

Blues-Music

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 16:54:22
Spoiler: fixed for readability. You NEED to work on just BASIC level of writing, please. It's physically painful to read what you post. • show
Psychic is a mostly mental power correct? The mind channels fear. People are usually afraid of the dark, ghosts, and insects. Thus the effectiveness.

I dun like dying right away, I like being able to take the damage but still have it matter.
You do realize the only thing you added was "The." after  thus , and an "a" before mostly.How is that painful to read?Besides those weren't there because I forgot to put them in.

It is absolutely painful to read, as I pay attention to the little details, and thus it completely ruins my ability to understand. Put in what belongs and check what you typed before you post for any mistakes or you come across as an idiot.
Which you do.

You still don't care that all I did was not put two words in a sentence right?You are being a neat-freak right now.

When game designers know that they should add challenge to the game.If you are wondering whats wrong with challenge its that most designers think making it hard to control your character actually counts as fair challenge by making your controls suck.When challenge should be about fair design , and enemies like in the megaman series.When you die you know it was your fault , and it was not because the game had any flaws.

Chishio Kunrin

Can't be too completely realistic, though. There's a reason some soldiers end up with PTSD.
I think there is a war video game out there, though, that has so much realism that the way that you help someone with their wounds in the game is how you'd do it in real life. There was actually a guy who played that game so much that when he happened upon a wreck in real life, he was able to save a person's life because the ambulance was late. He knew exactly what he was doing because of that game. O:

On-topic: When you're doing a co-op and it's hard to find the other player.
I remember playing co-op Halo with my dad, and any time we got separated, one of us would just jump up and down and say "Follow the bouncing green triangle!"

Off-topic: Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about Blues-Music's posts is that there's no space after any periods, for some reason there's a space before every comma, and sometimes he puts unnecessary commas. It makes his posts look kind of unappealing, but... whatever. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ChilledEagle

This is probably just me, but I get annoyed by tutorials. Especially if it's a long tutorial at the beginning of the game. I much prefer "tutorials" in the pause menu or something.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 03, 07:15:41
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 16:54:22

Which you do.

You still don't care that all I did was not put two words in a sentence right?You are being a neat-freak right now.

No, no I'm not. It just looked like that because your post was short. Your problem multiplies as you increase your post length. Look at your spaces, that's the biggest issue. No space before a comma, space after period, you'll do fine.

When annoying in game popups.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Julius

That's impressive Chishio! O:

When you try to get 100% on a mission and you fail every time, several times near the end. :/

Very dark areas and no good source of light.

When there's sun outside and I can't see what's on the screen. We're changing the furniture here, so there's no curtains/blinds at the moment. lol
Purr~

Darkangel

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Oct 31, 02:11:27
It still annoys me that ghost is super effective against ghost and that psychic types can learn shadow ball. Because if you faced my team, you would knock it out so easily with shadow ball and since psychic types are normally used, it's goodbye for my team. >:/

I take this back, because I just learned ALMOST EVERY SINGLE POKEMON CAN LEARN SHADOW BALL THROUGH TM! >:O
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_Ball
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Nov 03, 11:05:17
This is probably just me, but I get annoyed by tutorials. Especially if it's a long tutorial at the beginning of the game. I much prefer "tutorials" in the pause menu or something.

Dragons dogma.

Book Smarts

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 04, 00:25:17
MMORPG with a bad community

= why I'm here in the first place, really  >:/ In every MMO I've played (okay, three, but I imagine most are similar), there's so much potential for awesome fun times, but it's largely overshadowed by there being jerks everywhere.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 04, 00:58:32
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 04, 00:25:17
MMORPG with a bad community

= why I'm here in the first place, really  >:/ In every MMO I've played (okay, three, but I imagine most are similar), there's so much potential for awesome fun times, but it's largely overshadowed by there being jerks everywhere.

Why I avoid the PvP servers in MMOs. Too many jerks. I'm afraid of it. And who can blame me, when I've been told about people who'd stand outside towns waiting for people to enter or leave so they could attack them?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 04, 01:36:04 #199 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 01:39:06 by Trege
A lot of Mabinogi's community went way downhill after PVP was added, campers insulting each other over a game because someone picked elf or someone picked giant. I usually only PVP with my friends in right click duel options or with people who have a good sportsmanship attitude.

Mabinogi's revival system was also really bad after getting defeated in Elf VS Giant you had to wake up on the exact spot you got knocked out in and they just hit you back down. I don't know why the developers didn't add a revive in town option or turn off PVP option from the knockout menu in PVP battles.

Go Up