Unsure?
6 (6.5%)
Don't like pokemon (that's Impossible)
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Go Down

Bro1997

Quote from: Strawberry Sugar on 2014 Aug 08, 16:59:12
I honestly cannot wait for the Hoenn remake...

dat swampert mega evolution tho  o.O

also one of the newest mega evolutions.. lil dude looks like a messed up air plane  lol

It's nice that Nintendo still respects the older generations. Kind of crazy though that MLP is only on it's 4th generation even though it's over 31 years old, yet Pokémon's only been around for 18 years (in Japan) but it's already on it's 6th generation!

Rikaria

I think it mostly has to do with the animé which is why the games have come this far. Just a guess, though.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Bro1997

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 11, 21:47:52
I think it mostly has to do with the animé which is why the games have come this far. Just a guess, though.

I'm not sure if your right. I thought it had something to do that fans would get tired if one generation lasted like I don't know 8 years and another only like 4. Don't know why every three years they have to constantly add more Pokémon. How many more can they produce?! If both Pokémon and MLP are around in the next 30 years, Pokémon will be in it's 50th generation and MLP in it's 26th! It's never going to happen, believe me.

cloudwilk

Disagree. I think the anime has gone anywhere just because the games have come so far.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Rikaria

Well either way, Pokémon was doing too well to just stop, though I don't know how much longer Game Freak/Nintendo can keep this up.

Bro1997

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 12, 09:28:19
Well either way, Pokémon was doing too well to just stop, though I don't know how much longer Game Freak/Nintendo can keep this up.

Well, I'm guessing by the 2020s at least it's going to end. I'm not sure how many franchises will survive through that decade. Most franchises from the 80s and 90s will be gone by the 2030s. I bet on that.

cloudwilk

I think Pokémon will just keep going. I see it like... Mickey Mouse. It just keeps going on.. granted, there's no one show that kept it up but it was a different time then with a different view on cartoons. I do see Poke'mon going on for... a really long time and even if somehow it does end game-wise... it will still remain in history XD There'll probably be a revival years and years in the future.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 12, 20:49:08 #1007 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 12, 20:54:07 by Bro1997
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 12, 18:20:33
I think Pokémon will just keep going. I see it like... Mickey Mouse. It just keeps going on.. granted, there's no one show that kept it up but it was a different time then with a different view on cartoons. I do see Poke'mon going on for... a really long time and even if somehow it does end game-wise... it will still remain in history XD There'll probably be a revival years and years in the future.

I hope. Pokémon is awesome. My favorite is #39,#25, and #35. Guess these Pokémon! They are classics who first appeared in earlier episodes of Pokémon: Indigo League back in the later 90s. #35 was also intended to have been the mascot of Pokémon, but was shelved due to another famous Pokémon!

cloudwilk

In that case, my favorites are #151, #26, and #330. My first poke'mon game was Sapphire (Yea, I was late >.< ) After that I got into Diamond, skipped gen 5 (I have both black and white but I was never really into it), and X has been the pokemon game I have gotten into the most. I currently have the whole dex except for certain event pokemon :3

Rikaria

2014 Aug 13, 09:49:10 #1009 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 10:11:02 by Rikaria
I, too, have the whole Pokédex (rather, living Pokédex) aside from the unreleased trio.

What's the hold-up on Diancie, anyway... I know it gets a Mega Evolution, but I doubt it'll be an Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire distribution since it's getting a shiny Beldum first...

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in North America, the new Internet event is now live! From August 13th to September 17th, you will be able to download Heracross to your Pokémon X or Pinsir to your Pokémon Y games over the Mystery Gift via Internet. This event is running in conjunction with an event running in Gamestop from Monday next week where you can download their specific Mega Stone. Be sure to download today

Bro1997

2014 Aug 13, 10:19:59 #1010 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 10:23:50 by Bro1997
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 07:16:36
In that case, my favorites are #151, #26, and #330. My first poke'mon game was Sapphire (Yea, I was late >.< ) After that I got into Diamond, skipped gen 5 (I have both black and white but I was never really into it), and X has been the pokemon game I have gotten into the most. I currently have the whole dex except for certain event pokemon :3

I see. #26. That's Raichu. He/She's pretty cool too. That would be my 4th. Seems like you've been a Pokémon fan for a number of years. I'm more for the original 150 Pokémon because it's easier to remember then 715 Pokémon! Did you guess my Pokémon numbers? I see that yours are Mew, Raichu, and Flygon! Not much for #330, but the other two I like.

Rikaria

718 (or 721), actually :P

Bro1997

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 13, 12:12:40
718 (or 721), actually :P

Thanks for the correction. It's really hard to just remember the current amount of Pokémon!

cloudwilk

I have been a pokemon fan for quite a bit... but was never really apart of the community much XP I love the huge range of pokemon now! It makes it so much more entertaining for me! Plus, it feels more.. like a real other world.

I don't have things like Deoxys, Victini, Meloetta, .. some event pokemon like that. I say all... but it'd be more accurate to say all-breedable. I have 711 ^^' Hey, it was enough to get me the shiny charm. Still waiting for the unreleased trio... was a huge vivi fan though! So the Fancy and pokeball pattern release was really exciting for me! In fact, it was because of the vivi's I really got into pokemon X. (That, and there's a pokemon club at my school... and I'd love one of those badges but I suck at battling.  D: )

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 19:01:46
I have been a pokemon fan for quite a bit... but was never really apart of the community much XP I love the huge range of pokemon now! It makes it so much more entertaining for me! Plus, it feels more.. like a real other world.

I don't have things like Deoxys, Victini, Meloetta, .. some event pokemon like that. I say all... but it'd be more accurate to say all-breedable. I have 711 ^^' Hey, it was enough to get me the shiny charm. Still waiting for the unreleased trio... was a huge vivi fan though! So the Fancy and pokeball pattern release was really exciting for me! In fact, it was because of the vivi's I really got into pokemon X. (That, and there's a pokemon club at my school... and I'd love one of those badges but I suck at battling.  D: )

I'm not that great at battling either, but you do need the badges to become a better Pokémon trainer. Don't worry about being part of the Pokémon community, just enjoy the games and collecting anything Pokémon related. I'm more into MLP then Pokémon anyway. Don't give me wrong, I do like the wide variety of Pokémon and I do have my share for later generation Pokémon. It's just something about the originals about every franchise that it's more special. How many years have you been a Pokémon fan? Since 2003, perhaps? Because that's when North America got it's release of Ruby/Sapphire Versions! I betcha you were young and never got out of it! Never too old for Pokémon and MLP.

Rikaria

I've been a fan ever since Season 1 of the animé dub/Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. Didn't really care about catching them all until Gen V, though at the same time I don't really try hunting for shinies with the Shiny Charm.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 13, 22:53:29 #1016 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 22:55:21 by Bro1997
Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 13, 22:40:06
I've been a fan ever since Season 1 of the animé dub/Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. Didn't really care about catching them all until Gen V, though at the same time I don't really try hunting for shinies with the Shiny Charm.

Since the anime started in the United States in September of 1998, you've been a Pokémon fan? Wow, I didn't think many of the original Pokémon fans were left. Pokémon was like the biggest craze in Japan and America during the later 90s. You must love Pokémon to never stop having a interest in it. I know some MLP FIM fans who were fans of MLP prior to the show and go as far back as the 1980s when MLP started! I wonder if there are still any MLP fans from when it actually started in 1983? What's your favorite episode of Season 1? Mine would be the first three episodes and The Song of Jigglypuff. I also like episodes 6 and 7.

Rikaria

2014 Aug 13, 23:34:17 #1017 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 23:36:52 by Rikaria
It's been far too long to even remember what all happened, though I'll admit I'm really curious about why Ho-oh was shown even before the Johto arc.

To answer your question: yes, I do still love Pokémon (I wouldn't be talking here if I didn't :P). I've watched every season so far including the X/Y arc, and it's actually thanks to the show that I've changed my mind about some Pokémon to the point where I actually raised them; take Meloetta and Dedenne, for example.

Although we do have Pokémon-Amie, it's a shame the games will never be anything like the show...

Bro1997

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 13, 23:34:17
It's been far too long to even remember what all happened, though I'll admit I'm really curious about why Ho-oh was shown even before the Johto arc.

To answer your question: yes, I do still love Pokémon (I wouldn't be talking here if I didn't :P). I've watched every season so far including the X/Y arc, and it's actually thanks to the show that I've changed my mind about some Pokémon to the point where I actually raised them; take Meloetta and Dedenne, for example.

Although we do have Pokémon-Amie, it's a shame the games will never be anything like the show...

No the game won't be like the anime, but I'm still in shock. How much Pokémon merchandise do you have? Like every single era? Because you must've spent tons of money on all that!

Rikaria

I actually don't have that much Pokémon merchandise; if anything, I spent most of my money on the games (transferring Pokémon all the way from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was fun even with everything required >_>).

Go Up