Executive Meddling? (important; please read; discussion?)

Started by LostSanity, 2013 Jan 31, 22:35:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

2013 Jan 31, 22:35:04 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 31, 22:38:15 by McSleuthburger
Take a look at this picture if you don't mind... I found this from another MLP:FiM forum.

I don't know where the person got it from. But it seems pretty official to me. Spoilered to conserve loading time.

Spoiler: show

Does this constitute Executive Meddling?

This may be why this is happening and why the show is turning out like this. That's what it seems like to me and from my perspective anyway.

I would say that it is and it's pretty freaking ridiculous.

But... you know... I'm obviously wrong here.

So... please correct me.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

McSleuthburger

as to the good: not much to say, im sure we are all happy

bad: tv and tv shows are a business no matter how much you look at it, if Hasbro wants to do something they have all the power to do it
whether a certain part of the fandom likes the decisions or not they have the right / power to do something (usually to help make more money)

to Derpy: that is the thing, it will offend some people......it is easier to take something out rather than keep it in and offend people because of the problems that could develop (basically to keep away from negative things) though the fandom may not like it, not hearing negative things about the show will help the show grow within its target audience (young girls) because the parents will allow it because there are no negative statements about the show
most likely if there negative things about the show, kids (because of the parents) will be less likely to watch the show (with that happening less toys / merchandise will be sold (so less money being made))
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Little Judas

The last episodes she was unfindable, yet the majority of the fandom was positive about them.
She's only an important character in the fandom.

So let's be honest, leave her in the fandom, otherwise every single brony who ever made a story or what not about Derpy
will become mad because then she'll probably contradict with what they all created.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Book Smarts

Iodine

I believe people found that Reddit thing to be fake, but it's based purely on speculation of what we've seen already and could just be really good guessing to cause an upstir.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, last I heard, that thing is fake, just a troll.
By the way, hi Iodine. Haven't seen you in a while.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Iodine

http://tbivision.com/news/2012/12/hasbro-to-integrate-film-and-tv-units/20580/

I posted this in another thread, but yes, they've pretty much combined the toy and show departments so they can integrate toys into the show better. So executive meddling would be about right.

Chishio Kunrin

It would be kind of a dumb move to get rid of Derpy, though, especially since they've seen how well Derpy Hooves toys sell. Not just the limited edition Derpy (which sold out rather quickly), but also the Derpy toys Hot Topic sells (which repeatedly gets sold out). Derpy Hooves is extremely profitable.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 01, 03:53:36
It would be kind of a dumb move to get rid of Derpy, though, especially since they've seen how well Derpy Hooves toys sell. Not just the limited edition Derpy (which sold out rather quickly), but also the Derpy toys Hot Topic sells (which repeatedly gets sold out). Derpy Hooves is extremely profitable.

I could see them keep selling toys (for the fandom) but IF they do put her in the show I dont think she will have any lines because it would start conflict I feel (between brony fandom and others that could be offended by the way she says her lines (basically being derpy))
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 01, 08:38:08

I could see them keep selling toys (for the fandom) but IF they do put her in the show I dont think she will have any lines because it would start conflict I feel (between brony fandom and others that could be offended by the way she says her lines (basically being derpy))

I'm fine with her just being in the background, though we've only seen her once in season three, barely.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 01, 09:36:52
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 01, 08:38:08

I'm fine with her just being in the background, though we've only seen her once in season three, barely.

maybe she is so well hidden in the show we think we have only seen her once in season three...

Sotha

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Feb 01, 11:20:38maybe she is so well hidden in the show we think we have only seen her once in season three...

Yeah! They're secretly hiding her behind all of the building symbols.... and Discord's statue... and the Canterlot mountain...

Who knows what else could be back there.
May you walk on warm sands.

LostSanity

How was I supposed to know if it was real or fake?

Like I said... I just found it on another forum.

That's all.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Feb 01, 12:15:58
How was I supposed to know if it was real or fake?

Like I said... I just found it on another forum.

That's all.

It was previously declared as fake, but that was way back early in the season before its predictions started coming true. And now that some of us know that Hasbro merged the toy department with the show department... we're not completely sure if it's real or fake anymore.

LostSanity

Iodine

Derpy is not going to be completely removed from MLP. Licensed companies are still making merch with her, but they're keeping her nameless to avoid offending people.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408230862605269&set=a.370057933089229.87672.357514917676864&type=1&theater

Enterplay is releasing a Derpy tin in March, so that's proof that she's still sticking around. It is possible we might not see her in season 4, but Hasbro is allowing licensed merch, so don't fret too much.

LostSanity

There's still no reason for it though.

Again though, just me.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, there's not really any reason to completely eliminate her from the show. It was fine when she was a Where's Waldo for us.

LostSanity

So... yeah...

I need to stop worrying so much and just hope for the best.

That's what I'm going to try to do.

Spoiler: show
As well as hope this is handled better than how everyone seems to think it'll be handled.

If you mods feel like this thread deserves to be locked, then please do so. But if not... then leave it open I guess.

:s

Iodine

Well I can think of a reason. Hasbro might be worried about their integrity. They don't want something to blow out of proportion and have parents pointing figures at Hasbro and saying their are ablests and get people to boycott their stuff. I know it sounds ridiculous because that was totally unintentional, but stuff like that can happen.

Go Up