How do Tumblr?

Started by Little Star, 2013 Jun 17, 08:57:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

Okay so I really want to make an "Ask Cupcake" Tumblr. Cupcake is my cat who is really special and acts like a human.

How am I to go about making one? i see all of these really good lookin "Ask ___" pony ones and I want one  ono

Tiger

2013 Jun 17, 09:17:46 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 17, 09:21:48 by Tiger
First off, register for Tumblr of course  ^-^

Next, you might want to make/get a banner for your tumblr. You don't need one, but it's always nice.

Be sure to enable asks in your settings :U

Then ask some friends to send you some questions, and maybe a follow. Picture replies are far more attractive than text replies, so be sure to do that.

If people like your art, replies, etc, you'll get more and more followers eventually. But it is never certain whether a blog will succeed or not. Kind of based on luck, really.

Now with a bunch of followers, continue on answering their questions (and anonymous questions) at an active pace. I try to do replies at least once a day, and occasionally do more than one on some days. Just be sure to be active!

Remember, it's not guaranteed whether your blog will be a success or not. Just need some good drawing skills and a little bit of luck  ^-^

Although right now I'm stuck at 176 followers... It's not rising at all  DD:

You also don't need to just do replies all the time on your tumblr. You can post other various arts and stuff.
But the last thing you want to do on an ask blog is to reblog pointless stuff, such as "Reblog if your name starts with the letter A!" or something. People hate that sometimes (or maybe just me...), so try not to do that. Though reblogging something from another tumblr user that is part of your storyline (if you would have one [or you asked that tumblr user a question and you want to reply to his/her reply... replyception ovO]) is fine  :]

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Little Star

Tiger

Yeah, lookin' good!

Also, when you do a picture reply, you should printscreen the question, crop it up and put it onto your picture reply. Then post it as a photo. That way, your picture won't be squished when it's posted.

Little Star

2013 Jun 17, 19:54:04 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 17, 20:08:50 by StarSong
Well Im making a new account because I jacked some stuff up so it will be back momentarily!

http://ask-star-song.tumblr.com/

Tiger

Again, picture replies with effort put in are a lot more likely to get more followers than a few words as a reply  ^-^

Having a tumblr is a dedication of drawing replies daily (or re-using things you used for previous replies), and not everyone has the time for that every day.

Science Woona

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh!
I can help with this subject! Because I'm a scientist! And science is everything! Like Tumblr!
First! Looking at it so far it looks good  :D

Second! Good looking Tumblr layouts always help!
Like for example, my Science Woona Answers layout. Look around other pony tumblr's and try copying what they do with your own little twist.
The most used Tumblr layout for an ask art blog is Redux

When it comes to answering stuff, as long as you keep up the updates at a reasonable pace (Until you get a reasonable number of followers, in which you can update whenever) you should be good.

FOURTH! Stay IC (in character) on your posts. When you make an out of character statement not relating to the character your blog is about, put ((double parenthesis)) around it. Or if you make a text post thats not relating to the main character just put ((OOC)) in the title.

To get your blog known more, FANART FANART FANART. If I make a post and feature a certain follower and they reblog it, it spreads the word of your blog and other ponies will be attracted to it.

PS. if you need help with working on your layout in HTML, I can help with that :3
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Go Up