Mane6

Started by Night Pony, 2013 Mar 02, 04:33:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Mane6 have a new member and it's none other than Lauren Faust! :D
Go check the article on their site.
http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/m6v2.html

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

Couldn't they have just created new ponies and kept the MLP setting?

Night Pony

Which ponies exactly? Has rights over most if not all ponies, even BG ones.

Midnight Breeze

Created NEW ponies.

Night Pony

How many people would want to play with O.C.s? I for one wouldn't play it with O.C. unless it's mine.

Jenzy

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Mar 02, 04:53:20
How many people would want to play with O.C.s? I for one wouldn't play it with O.C. unless it's mine.

Heh... Unless it's a good OC.

It's like Background Ponies. They're basically OCs. :P

Midnight Breeze

So they're creating an all new setting, with all new characters...that's OCs too you know.

Plus, every pony is an OC when they're introduced. In the S2 finally Shining Armor and Cadance were OCs.

Night Pony

I meant pony OCs as you said. But unlike the BG ponies and main ponies which are OC these would be unknown.

Julius

Best part is they're keeping the movesets. It'll be basically the same game but with different visuals and audio. :3

Shame about the ponies, but man, it'll be awesome regardless. And who's to say somepony won't mod it to add ponies? :P

Again, best birthday gift ever! :D

I hope to see this on Steam now! I want to BUY this, oh so much! <3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

OCs made by Lauren Faust? Heck yes.
OCs made by Mane6 without Lauren Faust? Maybe... if they were kinda based on and "inspired by" the mane six.

Regardless, I'm gonna play the game when it comes out. :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Mar 02, 09:32:32

OCs made by Lauren Faust? Heck yes.
OCs made by Mane6 without Lauren Faust? Maybe... if they were kinda based on and "inspired by" the mane six.

Regardless, I'm gonna play the game when it comes out. :3

I was talking about pony OCs made without L. Faust. But I'll  try the game once they made it with completely originral characters. :D

Rissian

I'm also going to play this game when it comes out, if they get some good OC's it's gonna be awesome.  :D

LostSanity

I was originally going to do an LP of this myself as well. Despite the fact that I'm GOD AWFUL at fighting games.

But now... with Hasbro turning into dictators...

Yeah... um... no.

It's OBVIOUSLY not going to be pony-related now.

Without that, I'm just not interested anymore.

Sorry. That's just the way it is.

My decision is final.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Mar 02, 10:30:42
I was originally going to do an LP of this myself as well. Despite the fact that I'm GOD AWFUL at fighting games.

Yeah... um... no.

My decision is final.

I think the big reason most people are gonna play it is the fact that Lauren Faust is helping with it, plus the fact that Mane6 will be keeping the original move sets and such. They made a really great quality fighting game, and Lauren Faust is sure to give us good characters at least.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Mar 02, 11:48:30
Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Mar 02, 10:30:42

Yeah... um... no.

My decision is final.

I think the big reason most people are gonna play it is the fact that Lauren Faust is helping with it, plus the fact that Mane6 will be keeping the original move sets and such. They made a really great quality fighting game, and Lauren Faust is sure to give us good characters at least.

I say to you my friend, at least try it first. Give it a chance.

I played the leak and that was amazingly fun. It's going to be the same game, but with new visuals and audio.  I really, really, really can't wait for the release of this piece of art. ^-^

Sure, ponies are gone and that's sad. The game is certainly going to be modded by bronies to bring the ponies back. All they need to do is re-skin the characters and add the old maps, because the movesets will be the same! :]

And who knows... You may even like it without ponies... For what it is, for what it always was... An amazingly kick flank game developed by ponies who love their game as much as we do, a game with lots of passion and effort put into it, a game of quality. ;)
Purr~

Book Smarts

The MLP community and the creators are great  :')

LostSanity

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KireiameJin

I'm happy for the "Mane6" team, and of course i feel admiration for Faust, taking that extra job just to help out some guys making a fan-made figthing game, i do really expect to play or have news about this project soon ^^

But i must say that i'm also sad for the situation, with Hasbro closing all those nice games, i feel like they are just puting the fan comunity aside... it's a shame because this fanbase is really nice and make some really awsome things without looknig for anykind of economic remuneration (like this "Legends of Equestria" game), i think they should give more support to that kind of comunity, just like Touhou in Japan, they'll could get a lot of free publicity.
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Book Smarts

I hope they keep the music so far, but then again, more music  :D

Itty Bit

2013 Mar 06, 21:39:08 #19 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 06, 21:41:05 by Itty Bit
I'm gonna keep watching them, even if it doesn't have anything to do with My Little Pony. These guys got potential, and I'm sure they can make something just as awesome, if not cooler. And the fact that Lauren Faust is teamed up with them is a bonus!
Who needs ponies when you got Lauren Faust? The only thing I would personally like to request from them is for whatever they are making to have another cutesy sugary theme. :]

Go Up