[Treaty] Herds of Equestria

Started by Equestrian, 2012 Jun 15, 12:12:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2012 Jun 19, 14:32:10
Quote from: Dr. Krest on 2012 Jun 19, 13:33:29
To say that guilds should not war amongst themselves is blasphemy against tradition itself.

Who's tradition do you speak of exactly?
forgive me for saying this, but from my observations that does not seem to be a universal tradition...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 19, 15:55:07
To say that guilds should not war amongst themselves is blasphemy against tradition itself.

forgive me for saying this, but from my observations that does not seem to be a universal tradition...

It's not, he just doesn't like the harmony idea.

Dr. Krest

War and Peace are both universal.

There is a time for peace...and a time for WAR!!!

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Dr. Krest on 2012 Jun 19, 17:04:30
War and Peace are both universal.

There is a time for peace...and a time for WAR!!!

*Kisses a potato, then stabs it* Perfect example.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 19, 17:00:38
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 19, 15:55:07

It's not, he just doesn't like the harmony idea.
then perhaps Equestria might not be the best place in the world to hold that philosophy :c
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Dr. Krest

War can be harmonic, thank you.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Dr. Krest on 2012 Jun 19, 17:40:23
pray explain? *pulls up a chair*

Mr.Darkling

"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Crystal Chaos

Ozzy

Peace can only be obtained through war!

*Waves a Claymore around like a maniac*

..Did I say that out loud..? Pardon me! >~>

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jun 19, 21:03:45

Yes, but war itself is not harmonious.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 19, 21:07:29
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jun 19, 21:03:45

Yes, but war itself is not harmonious.
point to crystal...

Lord of Madness

you guys keep reminding me of a beautiful poem that actually somehow states in a very beautiful way how war is pure harmony... but i cant find it anywhere  ovO lol ovO ether way I'm neutral to this whole argument.  ^-^

Dr. Krest

2012 Jun 20, 05:59:14 #33 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 20, 06:19:36 by Dr. Krest
Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2012 Jun 19, 18:37:07
Quote from: Dr. Krest on 2012 Jun 19, 17:40:23

Please explain Dr.Krest

Well that's really hard to do... to put it in words. Though harmony and discord are NOT the same as order and chaos, they're close so I'll use them instead.

War today is chaotic. Fighting with trenches, bombing cities, sending out an airborne version of smallpox... Yeah. Chaotic.

Up until the American Revolutionary War, War was orderly. A guy on a horse yelled "charge" while his stampede of a hundred or so men DIRECTLY clashed with what was a mirror version of themselves just under a different banner. It was about God, Gold, and Glory. Not about Oil, Morals, or Racial Supremacy. Those were simple times..and the Rules of War were clearly stated.

Harmonic War follows the same principles. Harmony refers to agreement. This means that two sides could desire the same prize and fight each other for it fairly. That's harmonic war. It's a recognition of the ideals of the enemy, a respect for those ideals and the enemy, and thus having a fair and just fight because of that respect.

A war of discord ignores the opponent's principles and does nothing but exploit the enemy at every turn, thus disagreeing with the beauty of war that once existed. It's a denial of the idea that war is a noble art and instead makes it seem like only a gruesome barfight between corrupt powers.

War is the only moment when you can live, fight, and die all at once. It is like splashing all of your paint on one canvas and getting Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night in return. That is the beauty of war. Must we then tarnish it by trading honor for terror?

Ozzy

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 19, 23:36:10
ether way I'm neutral to this whole argument.  ^-^

Me too, I just fancied being silly

Blues-Music

I'm in Asylum... And I COMPLETELY disagree with this. To me War is a sacred tradition that should always be upheld. To say that guilds should not war amongst themselves is blasphemy against tradition itself. I disagree with this completely.

Ima talk to Madness about this...

What?
You like war?
The invention made to STEEL things through KILLING which is done by DESTRUCTION ,and the motive of doing it all is GREED?

Dr. Krest

2012 Jun 20, 08:39:09 #36 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 20, 08:42:00 by Dr. Krest
No... the HEAT racing within one's HEART as they desperately fight for their IDEALS to the DEATH.

You're thinking of wars fought by SOLDIERS. I'm talking about wars fought by WARRIORS.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Dr. Krest on 2012 Jun 20, 08:39:09
No... the HEAT racing within one's HEART as they desperately fight for their IDEALS to the DEATH.

so if a person calls you a monster you restore your honor by killing them?
So if a person refuses to share you get it by killing them?
So if a person talks to someone you don't like you kill them both?
So if someone doesn't help you you kill him?
So if someone is stronger than you you kill him?

I could go on ,but I don't feel like explaining the true aspects of war.

Legulus

I agree with Dr. Krest in that, yes, war used to an honourful thing. But now, the idea of war has changed due to the greediness of the biggest powers on Earth.

As such, I would have to say that the treaty is a good idea, but should have some allowance for flexibility in the affairs of multiple herds. No, I am not saying to promote violence. I'm simply saying to allow some room for, say, debates.

Also, to prevent the bigger herds from abusing their more abundant power, stress that every herd is equal so long as they abide by the treaty.

.... That's my input  x3
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Dr. Krest

2012 Jun 20, 08:56:53 #39 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 20, 08:59:39 by Dr. Krest
@Blues

You see war only through the veil of the war of today. You do not see what lies underneath - the values upheld by the war of the old days.

If they call me a monster then so be it, but I shall not duel them unless they require it or else they agree to my challenge.
If my enemy drops his blade, I shall let him pick it up before continuing. If my brother drops his bread, I shall give mine to him.
Alliances are tricky, but they inspire boundaries I respect. My issue is with my enemy, not his friend. I shall not attack an outsider unless they attack me.
I help others without payment. If I do not even seek reward, why would I deem charity a prize I am worthy of?
It is great to test your metal with another, but if they do not wish to fight I shall not fight them - as long as they have not done wrong to others.

You do not know of which you speak. You do not speak of war, only of ENVY. I may be a warrior but I am noble. If I see war as a virtue, then to be virtuous is my path. Envy is not virtuous and most of all it is not honorable. A soldier may be filled with envy but no warrior would ever be consumed by it. There are rules to proper war just as there are codes of chivalry.

The world's lack of honor is not due to our killing it, but rather our refusal to uphold and inspire it. Do not judge war by the skirmishes you see today, just as one does not judge a book by its cover.

Go Up