Odd cooking mistakes

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Nov 24, 17:37:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2012 Nov 27, 22:09:42 #40 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 28, 00:33:11 by Trege
Burnt chedder cheese is no where near as good as a burnt cheese pizza, the chedder cheese just tastes pretty bad compared to the cheese used on normal pizza which tastes really great burnt, especially if just the cheese burns and not the crust.

Chishio Kunrin

I started a Youtube video, but then I thought "Hmm, I should check on that tomato soup." I turn around and there's a big layer of bubbles on top. "Uh oh. :I How did that happen?"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 28, 00:29:07 #42 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 28, 00:34:52 by Trege
I accidentally caused the top of tomato soup to solidify a bit once, I had to stir it to prevent that but I was distracted it still tasted pretty good though and I'm glad it did because I love tomato soup despite the heartburn it causes.  ovO That's why I usually drink milk with tomato soup though.

The Wandering Magus

Forgot not to microwave eggs, and forgot not to microwave metals.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

ShadowHeart

yikes! That sounds bad!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

The Wandering Magus

explosions and fires, gotta love 'em.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Julius

You're fine though, right? :I

I once forgot about it too, and it was going to explode I think (You know, it was making weird electric sounds), but I managed to stop it before anything bad happened.
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

yeah, I'm fine.  The microwave was a bit the worse the wear for it, though.

Chishio Kunrin

Even microwaving aluminum foil can ruin a microwave and pretty much kill it. Some insane freshmen at my high school blew up a Spanish teacher's microwave while there was a substitute teacher for that class. They distracted the sub and then microwaved foil. :l

Flamestriker

When I was four, I had a big tendency to sleep walk.

I woke up and had two eggs in my hand, and accidentally dropped them on the floor.  :o

I really don't know what happened.
[move][/move]

TCDubstep

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Nov 27, 10:59:25
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 26, 20:54:36
I can't seem to flip eggs properly...

ever get one to stick to the ceiling?

I was dual-wielding spatulas while flipping an egg in one pan and a pancake in the other
I somehow managed to stick both the ceiling simultaneously 

Flutashy

PPBG

Quote from: DrizzleMutt on 2012 Nov 26, 07:59:45
I like to see that most of these stories are involving the microwave.

Microwaves...  ovO

I've made 'Campfire Marshmallows' before...
Spoiler: Story... How to Waste a Bag of Marshmallows • show

On the inside of the Rice Krispies® box there was a recipe. It said:

INGREDIENTS:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- OR -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal

STOVETOP DIRECTIONS:
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.

Note

-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

First, I tried the microwave instructions since I thought they were easier. I put the marshmallows and butter in the microwave as directed, but since I didn't have a bowl that fir 40 marshmallows, I used a smaller bowl with a smaller amount. I put it on the correct time as well. After 15 seconds, the normal marshmallows puffed up, about twice their size. The melted butter was crackling and the marshmallows had popped out of the bowl they were in. I quickly pressed "Stop". ( What went wrong?)
     Next, I tried to save the "puffed" marshmallows. I put them in a saucepan on medium-low heat. ( It was supposed to be on low. My bad.) Gradually, the marshmellows stuck to the spoon I was stirring them with and turned into a big blob of caramel... I then tried adding Fluff to it which caramelized as well. I have not attempted Rice Krispie Treats again.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Captain0Ron

Well this one time....

But really, I left a hotdog in one of those 7-Eleven super-microwaves for a minute... It was pretty much liquified and the box was on fire >A<
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Book Smarts

Me and some friends were popping a bag of popcorn in a basement microwave which was brand new. While we were playing some video games, all we hear is *pop* *pop* *BANG*. We all go to see what happened, the source of the bang... the spinning dish shattered into 4 pieces.   o.O

Lord of Madness

usually im a master chief... but when it comes the simple things.. fire.. explosions... ZOMBIE LOBSTERS!

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Dec 13, 04:41:47
usually im a master chief... but when it comes the simple things.. fire.. explosions... ZOMBIE LOBSTERS!

Oh my Celestia. GET THE MACHINE GUNS!
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

SweBow

I done it again!

Same microwave, different food.

Ricepudding! I heated it so it would be warm. I hear a loud "thud" from the kitchen and ricepudding all over the microwave... took me a while to clean it up... most likely will never get it clean but what the bacon

Chishio Kunrin

Your microwave is evil, Swebow. lol

ComputerDeathglare

I had a fail.. can't remember it... think it had something to do with marshmallows...
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Go Up