Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Mar 11, 14:19:05
I'll handle Gore myself. If it's too difficult I might get some help.

If you need help, I can help you.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

Spoiler: Is it weird if... • show
...I think S.Magala is easier than G.Magala even though the former is an "endgame" boss?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

RainbowDash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 11, 14:55:11
...I think S.Magala is easier than G.Magala even though the former is an "endgame" boss?

So iam not the only one...

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 11, 14:55:11

Nah, S. is in one area that's mostly level. Where Gore can fly around and the terrain can be a disadvantage.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2015 Mar 12, 00:06:46 #104 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 13, 00:22:16 by Rikaria
I reached G Rank \o/ (Well... G1, anyway.)

Shadow Mare

Sunshine Smash

Rikaria

Focused on getting stuff upgraded before I advance any further. Kinda annoying when you have to farm an Expedition Treasure Area-only item/Expedition-only monster...

Chromastone64

Okay, me and my friend were more than a little bit shocked when we fought a certain powerful Elder Dragon online...
Spoiler: Spoilers if you havn't beaten the egg delivery quests. • show

We did a quest to fight a Fatalis, but:
1. IT WAS BLUE.
2. We were in some weird castle place...
3. THERE WAS A FREAKING BLACK HOLE IN THE SKY!!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

HR 5. Climbing up the Hunter ladder. What HR do I unlock G-Rank at? Is it 8 just like MH3U?

Rikaria

2015 Mar 15, 20:32:10 #110 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 15, 20:34:08 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Mar 15, 18:57:05
What HR do I unlock G-Rank at? Is it 8 just like MH3U?

Spoiler: show
MH3U's was:
  • HR 1-2 for Low

• HR 3-5 for High

• HR 6+ for G

MH4U's is:
  • HR 1-3 for Low

• HR 4-7 for High

• HR 8-10 is actually G1-G3

• Certain milestones seem to give you a different crown after beating the G3 Urgent

On another note, MH3U's singleplayer (Port) side was 1-5 star quests for Low, 6-9 for High. MH4U (Caravan) goes 1-6 star quests for Low, 7-10 for High. Endgame quests stayed as High Urgents.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 15, 20:32:10
Spoiler: show
MH3U's was:
  • HR 1-2 for Low

• HR 3-5 for High

• HR 6+ for G

MH4U's is:
  • HR 1-3 for Low

• HR 4-7 for High

• HR 8-10 is actually G1-G3

• Certain milestones seem to give you a different crown after beating the G3 Urgent

On another note, MH3U's singleplayer (Port) side was 1-5 star quests for Low, 6-9 for High. MH4U (Caravan) goes 1-6 star quests for Low, 7-10 for High. Endgame quests stayed as High Urgents.

Right, I didn't really remember the star ranks in that game.

Rikaria

So I hired four people for Hunters for Hire. They failed the quest, but I get a Large Wyvern Gem anyway (which is very rare, mind you). Victory?

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 16, 18:54:44
So I hired four people for Hunters for Hire. They failed the quest, but I get a Large Wyvern Gem anyway (which is very rare, mind you). Victory?

Yay?

Chromastone64

Spoiler: Spoiler for one of the most unfair missions in any game I've ever played • show

Do you know what a killjoy is? Complete all low-rank quests and you'll see what I mean: THE CARAVANEER'S CHALLANGE.
In this little slice of Tartarus, you need to fight a High-Rank Frenzied Zinogre AND FURIOUS RAJANG AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SANCTUARY!!! Oh, and if you managed to survive that? Nothing much, just fight a High-Rank SHAGARU MEGALA!!!!

This was honestly one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. But, something strange happened; after failing who-knows how many times, I beat it WITHOUT A SINGLE DEATH :I I even posted on Miiverse with a screenshot as proof.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 17, 10:46:58
Spoiler: Spoiler for one of the most unfair missions in any game I've ever played • show

Do you know what a killjoy is? Complete all low-rank quests and you'll see what I mean: THE CARAVANEER'S CHALLANGE.
In this little slice of Tartarus, you need to fight a High-Rank Frenzied Zinogre AND FURIOUS RAJANG AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SANCTUARY!!! Oh, and if you managed to survive that? Nothing much, just fight a High-Rank SHAGARU MEGALA!!!!

This was honestly one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. But, something strange happened; after failing who-knows how many times, I beat it WITHOUT A SINGLE DEATH :I I even posted on Miiverse with a screenshot as proof.

You are a trooper. I don't have that patience. I almost beat Monsoon on Revengeance without taking damage. O got damaged too much so I just decided to give up.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 20, 11:14:10 #116 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 20, 11:17:09 by Rikaria
Made some interesting discoveries:

- Zamtrios can't escape certain areas when it's all bloated. Not sure if its subspecies also is affected by this.
- Brute Tigrex can get stuck in a wall (or at least destroyable pillars) when it's trying to ram you. Dunno if this also applies to the regular one.

Sakura_Blossom

Got this game today and its fun  ^-^

Rikaria

2015 Mar 21, 19:36:10 #118 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 22, 11:17:00 by Rikaria
G3 reached \o/ Taking a break from advancing to upgrade my equipment, though.

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Mar 21, 18:33:56
Got this game today and its fun  ^-^

Huzzah :luna:

Though I know it's extremely obvious, the best part is being able to play online with others. If you ever need help, I'm usually available around noon and later (central USA/GMT -6), but of course you can try asking others here as well. (Hopefully we can get a party of four, though x3)

EDIT: Ah, G Rank... How you've always made Hunters broke after upgrading equipment to their max limits... :l

Sakura_Blossom

I need help with the first Capture quest. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Go Up