Mobile Mode?

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2013 Jun 01, 16:24:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Is there one? If so, how do I get to it?
I'm back

Nala Valor

It uses the computer one on the mobile and it works well.

Julius

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jun 01, 16:52:46
It uses the computer one on the mobile and it works well.

Yeah, I've had absolutely no need for a mobile version before, and I'm on my iPhone 90% of the time.

If you guys do end up implementing a mobile version, please make it optional! X3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

I've tried being on the forum on my Kindle Fire before. Whenever I type a long post or quote a large post, I can't scroll up in the um... typey box. I also can't resize the box either. So that's rather awkward.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Nala Valor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 01, 21:38:42
I've tried being on the forum on my Kindle Fire before. Whenever I type a long post or quote a large post, I can't scroll up in the um... typey box. I also can't resize the box either. So that's rather awkward.
does a kindle fire have a touch screen? If so, you should be able to scroll with your finger. If not not well you're out of luck because I don't know how it would work.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jun 01, 22:53:52
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 01, 21:38:42
does a kindle fire have a touch screen? If so, you should be able to scroll with your finger. If not not well you're out of luck because I don't know how it would work.

Yeah, it has a touch screen. But it won't respond to the scroll bar. It counts it as being part of the text box, so trying to drag it down just counts as tapping a text box.

Tekner

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 01, 23:35:30
Yeah, it has a touch screen. But it won't respond to the scroll bar. It counts it as being part of the text box, so trying to drag it down just counts as tapping a text box.
That's an issue with the browser. The text boxes and scrolling used here are the same as any other website, so it's all handled by the browser.

Rissian

Lack of a good resolution can cause that to happen in a browser if I recall everything can get smashed together and mixed, so it thinks you're hitting the text box instead of the scrollbar. Opera Mini and Firefox Mini I bet would work on a kindle they have a zoom feature which fixes that issue usually. A good amount of smart phones also support these browsers I think.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Jun 02, 15:02:31
Lack of a good resolution can cause that to happen in a browser if I recall everything can get smashed together and mixed, so it thinks you're hitting the text box instead of the scrollbar. Opera Mini and Firefox Mini I bet would work on a kindle they have a zoom feature which fixes that issue usually. A good amount of smart phones also support these browsers I think.

I can zoom in on my Kindle Fire with the touch commands, though I dunno if it'll help much.
Oh well, I don't post on the forum with my Kindle Fire very often at all anyway. Typing on that thing is so slow.

Ateren

I never had the money to bother with a Kindle... well anyways, question's answered, locking up.  :]

Go Up