Movie Ideas

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Nov 20, 09:31:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I'm sure some of us here have ideas for movies they'd wanna see. :3 I certainly do!

I think it'd be cool if there was a fantasy movie, or two or even three, in kind of Lord of the Rings style, and at the end of the adventure, you find out that this whole time it was really just some people playing Dungeons & Dragons. ovO So, of course, the whole thing would operate on D&D logic and feature creatures from the D&D Monster Manuals.

And yes, many of us wanna see a MLP:FiM movie, especially if done right. It'd be cool if it was some epic action adventure, but still stayed true to MLP.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 20, 10:21:56 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 20, 10:43:50 by Trege
I think of trolling saruman whenever I hear lord of the rings sometimes now.  ovO

I actually wouldn't mind a FF14 movie I wish I could post the cool new trailer for the game but it has sword fighting and such in it it's called FF14 a realm reborn though. The FF7 advent children movie was pretty good so a FF14 movie would be awesome.

Rad Thunder

I heard about this rumor that there might actually be a MLP:FiM movie.
While at Canterlot Gardens, bronies were spinning rumors about why Season 3 is only 13 episodes. One was that Hasbro just wanted to reach syndication length before deciding to make even more seasons. But...there was some saying that they were gonna fill the void of half a season long with a movie! Now, they didn't say whether it was full length or not, but still, a movie's a movie right? :P

Dragnmastralex

the best MLP movie idea ever would be if Discord returned and created the elements of chaos recruiting King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Trixie, Gilda, and Ironwill as each of the elements.  Dishonesty, Cruelty, Despair, Selfishness, Greed, anti magic.
Discord would use the anti magic, Ironwill the greed, Trixie the dishonesty, Gilda the despair, Chrysalis the Selfishness, and Sombra the Cruelty.  Spike would go missing at the first of the movie leading the team on a quest to find him and discovering that ponys in ponyville are acting strange when they are questioned about seeing Spike.  All of a sudden changlings start to appear and we hear the evil laugh of discord as the sky grows dark. the ground turns black and starts to move as King Sombra rises from the ground... you know that sort of thing.  eventually the team would get split up and face each of their respective elements and lose.  trapped inside dark crystals Sombra makes they relive nightmares created by discord. Spike all this time was held prisoner by Ironwill's goats but escapes by tricking them.  making his way down the dark castle where he was held he would come across the main chamber where the mane 6 was inside the crystals and he would finally get his chance to save Rarity by reaching deep within and using his true dragon abilities to shatter the crystals and free them. Realizing that the elements of harmony will not be enough to beat Discord and his elements they go on a quest to create new elements... the elements of FRIENDSHIP.  Each go on their own quest to discover the spirit of friendship. the spirit takes them deep into a dream world to show them the Joy, Love, Happiness, Sharing, Selflessness, and Hope that brought them all together as friends.  they then exit the dream in full magical armor with a new empowered element of harmony.  final showdown would happen in Princess Celestia's chamber where Discord and his elements have taken over and plan to kill all 3 princess' and Shining Armor.  the mane 6 would rush in and stop them just before they would tho and Discord with his overconfidence again would make the mistake of assuming the mane 6 would lose again and has so much confidence in his elements he leaves and says they can handle it without him.  he vanishes leaving Trixie and Gilda bashing him and saying he wasn't needed in the first place.  the fight would begin showing them evenly matched. Twilight would start to question if the new boosted elements would be enough when each of her friends would remind her one by one about the Joy, Love, Happiness, Sharing, and Selflessness each has experienced just by knowing her and that would give her Hope which boost their elements even more to make a powerful vortex shooting toward the badies and you hear Chrysalis say "NOT AGAIN" as she gets blasted off, Sombra shatters, Trixie gets thrown into a lake and rises to dry it up with anger, Ironwill tries to push back on the beam as fluttershy makes the comment "somepony tries to block" and he gets blasted back into the back wall making holes shapped like Ironwill, Gilda seeing the beam makes the comment "this is not cool" and turns to fly and run away. Discord returns and says "well done my little ponies, but all for nothing" and blast his elements power toward the Princess turning her to stone as his element shatters while he laughs and he dissapears. the mane 6 looking horrified start to lose it and become sad.  they try to use the newly created elemetns to remove the stone effect but it fails, Twilight would say "NO I won't give up" dropping her armor and removing the element of magic she would reach deep within herself and a huge magical burst would form around her horn, the magic would fill the whole castle and a beam would shoot into the sky.... the sky would be cleared of the blackness and a magical pulse would envelop the whole castle as it clears we see Celestia free and everything back to normal but Twilight lay on the ground.  all of her color is fading and she is unconscious her friends each use their new armor powered elements and surround her empowering her as each armor vanishes and turns into an orb of light that enters Twilight's body restoring her color and she opens her eyes completely ok.  they all celebrate and question is it the last they seen of Discord?

lots of details can be added this was just a general idea I had for the epic movie
[/center]

Chishio Kunrin

That... is a pretty cool idea for an epic MLP movie. I'd actually go watch that!

Johannes

A film about the Winter War, seen trough the eyes of Red Army.

lurk852

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 20, 10:30:57
I heard about this rumor that there might actually be a MLP:FiM movie.
While at Canterlot Gardens, bronies were spinning rumors about why Season 3 is only 13 episodes. One was that Hasbro just wanted to reach syndication length before deciding to make even more seasons. But...there was some saying that they were gonna fill the void of half a season long with a movie! Now, they didn't say whether it was full length or not, but still, a movie's a movie right? :P

You know, that sounds kind of far-fetched, but I do remember seeing a tweet from someone with power in the FiM team saying something about how the season might be shorter for "special reasons". Very suspicious  :/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

film about pony psychology

film about the Dresden Files

film about the Simarillion

film about Tom Bombadil

film about the discovery of magic by normal individuals and how it impacts society

film about a massive electromagnetic pulse destroying the world's electrical grid that DOES NOT involve descending into a neo-feudal age with swords and stuff

film ACCURATELY depicting angels/faerie/djinn/dwarfs/unicorns/youkai/etc.  neither grimdark nor disneyfied, just accurately as described in legends concerning them, with inhuman standards of morality and strange appearances and all.

a "realistic" film about the impact "cartoon physics" would have on the real world

a film, just for the heck of it, about an alternate history where the europeans didn't think exploration of the New World was worth the price, and that one admiral to the east kept on sailing with the Emperor's permission.  Just to see how things might have gone.

a film about quantum mechanics depicted in a realistic manner that is still dramatic

a film about the secession of various states from large nations and how it impacts the world

a film about LoE, JUST BECAUSE :D

a film about a multiversal war involving EVERY SINGLE FICTION OUT THERE, with 40k NOT winning.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

lurk852

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 20, 17:00:46
film ACCURATELY depicting angels/faerie/djinn/dwarfs/unicorns/youkai/etc.  neither grimdark nor disneyfied, just accurately as described in legends concerning them, with inhuman standards of morality and strange appearances and all.

I dunno... I'm taking a comp lit class about fairy tales and stuff like that, and having read a lot of the old legends in question, a lot of them are pretty grimdark (although even centuries ago there were some "cleaned-up" collections, like Perrault's stuff).

And you're spot-on about "inhuman standards of morality"; some of the supposedly "good" characters in those stories do some pretty awful things.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 20, 18:34:12

I dunno... I'm taking a comp lit class about fairy tales and stuff like that, and having read a lot of the old legends in question, a lot of them are pretty grimdark (although even centuries ago there were some "cleaned-up" collections, like Perrault's stuff).

And you're spot-on about "inhuman standards of morality"; some of the supposedly "good" characters in those stories do some pretty awful things.

The Grimm bros fairy tales are infamous for being grimdark, I think. My mom has a book called Grimm's Grimmest containing some of the stories. Quite a few Disney movie fairy tales are incredibly cleaned-up versions of old kinda messed up fairy tales. Not just Cinderella, but Sleeping Beauty too. Sleeping Beauty was one hay of an inappropriate story for kids. I'll just say that it wasn't a kiss that woke her. It wasn't even a poison apple that made her sleep either.

Fairy tales have come a long way, for sure.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 20, 20:28:53

The Grimm bros fairy tales are infamous for being grimdark, I think. My mom has a book called Grimm's Grimmest containing some of the stories. Quite a few Disney movie fairy tales are incredibly cleaned-up versions of old kinda messed up fairy tales. Not just Cinderella, but Sleeping Beauty too. Sleeping Beauty was one hay of an inappropriate story for kids. I'll just say that it wasn't a kiss that woke her. It wasn't even a poison apple that made her sleep either.

indeed, but not all tales are grimdark, just as not all experiences in real life are grimdark.  It's always much more of a "mix" of light and shadow, just like the real world.  I'd like a film like that, which is neither hopelessly pessimistic or "scary for the sake of scary" like Silent Hill nor naively optimistic like Disney films.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

lurk852

2012 Nov 21, 00:21:20 #11 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 21, 00:27:02 by lurk852
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 20, 23:54:43

indeed, but not all tales are grimdark, just as not all experiences in real life are grimdark.  It's always much more of a "mix" of light and shadow, just like the real world.  I'd like a film like that, which is neither hopelessly pessimistic or "scary for the sake of scary" like Silent Hill nor naively optimistic like Disney films.

I'm not saying they're always grimdark - just much more often than not, and the mix of light and shadow is often slanted way toward the "shadow" side.  :P

edit: For what it's worth, I'd honestly think that there's a good chance they were perceived as less "dark" in the times they were popular, just 'cause morals and sensibilities have changed so much.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 21, 00:21:20
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 20, 23:54:43

I'm not saying they're always grimdark - just much more often than not, and the mix of light and shadow is often slanted way toward the "shadow" side.  :P

edit: For what it's worth, I'd honestly think that there's a good chance they were perceived as less "dark" in the times they were popular, just 'cause morals and sensibilities have changed so much.
indeed lol  we've come a long way from when certain much-more-serious things were percieved as humerous.

ComputerDeathglare

I read the old Cinderella, freaking gory. Never read old Sleeping Beauty, but my bro told me about old Pinocchio(or however you spell it) and that was creepy. :I

On-topic: G1 and the bettr characters of G3 *COUGHMINTYCOUGH* dropped directly into FiM but they still think they're in their own gens. ovO
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Sea Foam

Someone tires to re-make Citizen Kane and Orson Welles rises from the grave to eat Hollywood.

They made a movie about Lincoln fighting vampires; they can make a movie about this.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Go Up