Hot Topic steps up to help us get better pony toys

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Oct 14, 02:04:43

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Oct 14, 02:04:43 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 14, 15:27:58 by Chishio Kunrin
I have Hot Topic liked on Facebook, and they recently posted a picture of a couple of pony toys.

They captioned it this:
"We heard you wanted better Pony toys so we told Hasbro to make them 20% Cooler. See the original Brony call to action here: http://bit.ly/QhW9Jw

Now we have them online here: http://bit.ly/RD1VEZ and in stores just for YOU."

That first link leads to an Equestria Daily post about trying to get Hot Topic to help. Hot Topic has actually answered us and is starting to sell the pony toys! The only thing is, a toy is $14.50. Sure, it's better quality, and (judging by the photo they posted) they're going to have Derpy sometime (Derpy keeps being sold out fast lol), but that's kind of typical of Hot Topic to have expensive merch.

But hey, it's another step toward showing Hasbro even more that the bronies are a good demographic to aim for in the toy department.
That, and I want a Derpy toy. The only other official one is limited edition. The only thing I don't like is the blue in Rainbow Dash's bangs, but if they start selling Pinkies with the correct mane and Fluttershy's who have their own mold instead of recolored Rainbow Dash, I'll be less nitpicky.

They do already have quite a selection of MLP stuff, though, especially in shirts.

If you go to the page about the Rainbow Dash toy and click the bottom preview button to view her from the left side, she does look a lot like Dashie from the show.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Billow Pillow

2012 Oct 14, 02:06:40 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 14, 02:16:07 by Lyra Heartstrings
I Must admit, i am rather impressed! Am now more than ever very interested in buying hasbro pony merchandise! Quite excited to see what is to come from this... perhaps one day hasbro will also make awesome MLP Plushies! =3
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Chishio Kunrin

Until now, I was only interested in the MLP shirts that Hot Topic had. I didn't have any interest in buying any of the toys except the limited edition Derpy Hooves. But now, I may try to get some of the toys that Hot Topic manages to conjure up. :D Starting with that Rainbow Dash! I hope they have more to choose from by Christmas.

Lord of Madness

Little Judas

Now I just have to wait until the second economic globalisation of the states of America reaches Europe
and a Hot Topic will open in Belgium.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 14, 04:52:58
Now I just have to wait until the second economic globalisation of the states of America reaches Europe

Well, Hot Topic has an online store, but I'm not sure whether or not they'd ship to Belgium. :o

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 14, 15:20:09
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 14, 04:52:58

Well, Hot Topic has an online store, but I'm not sure whether or not they'd ship to Belgium. :o

Sorry but I'm not really into shipping ponies...
And yes I know what you meant.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

SweBow

Problems with them....

1) Colors are wrong on Rainbow Dash mane and Derpy's eyes.
2) Only one cutiemark.

Soft Fang

Bummed about not getting a Derpy. But who knows? My work load is going back up. I might be able to get dashie come xmas time.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Oct 14, 16:56:17
Problems with them....

2) Only one cutiemark.

Rainbow Dash looks more like she does in the show from the left, but her eyes are the wrong color. Though, she looks better than the blindbag, to me, and this Derpy Hooves is not limited edition. So I'm pretty happy with it. If they make a Fluttershy with her own mold, I'll be even happier.

Rissian

I've actually been wanting to go see Hot Topic one of these days, I saw some merchandise reviews on youtube. I wonder if they have a Sweet Apple Acres T-shirt.  ^-^

I would also like to see some of the other stuff they have, my friend told me about the different things they sell.

Lord of Madness

Problems with them....

2) Only one cutiemark.

SweBow uses his [EYE FOR DETAIL] Ability! :O

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Oct 14, 22:36:28 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 14, 22:39:41 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Oct 14, 22:07:30
Problems with them....

2) Only one cutiemark.

SweBow uses his [EYE FOR DETAIL] Ability! :O

Yeah, yeah, they're not perfect, but this Dashie is better than the blindbag. ovO Even the blindbag has wrong coloring in her bangs (green). I wonder if Hot Topic would take feedback.

Dawnstar

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised it took them this long to start catching onto this. I held little interest in the official ones since they were cheaply produced with little thought to how accurate they actually were and some looked so off I wouldn't have even guessed who they were without the label. I'll still wait to let them work out the kinks in the designs, but if they actually start producing show-accurate designs rather than made to sell quality ones they've been making I might actually consider getting a couple.

Julius

I'm not really into toys. Plushies, yes (I want an Applejack plushie!), toys, no. :]

Though I must say those look amazing compared to the other toys I see on EqD.

I don't think it will be long before they release show accurate toys. :D

Is 14$ Really expensive? Seems so cheap to me (Different currency). A toy like that would cost about 300 Bs' (A LOT more than 14$), if not more depending on the size. :I

Man, everything but gas is overpriced here. Videogames here sell at around... 120-200 Dollars, yet gas is literally less than a dollar for a full tank.  :l
Purr~

videogamehunter

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 15, 01:08:33
Man, everything but gas is overpriced here. Videogames here sell at around... 120-200 Dollars, yet gas is literally less than a dollar for a full tank.  :l

Tell me about it. I just spent 170$ on Earthbound for SNES.

Julius

Quote from: videogamehunter on 2012 Oct 15, 01:31:14

You're from Venezuela too?!  O:
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

I believe it said she's 5 1/2 inches. And seriously, trust me, Dashie looks better from the left than that right-side view they showed. You can look when you view her on the site.

I actually might buy the toys. I wasn't even interested in buying any of the toys before. If they make more, I'll be quite likely to buy them.

videogamehunter

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 15, 01:36:37

No. I'm from Kentucky. Sorry to burst your bubble. :D

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: videogamehunter on 2012 Oct 15, 04:36:54
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 15, 01:36:37

No. I'm from Kentucky. Sorry to burst your bubble. :D
the market price for things these days is crazy :P
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up