What happens to all the stallions during the day?

Started by Lyra_N_Bonbon, 2013 Jul 11, 14:42:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lyra_N_Bonbon

2013 Jul 11, 14:42:27 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 15:00:33 by Lyra_N_Bonbon
I've always wondered: During the day, in most of the episodes, it seems like there's only mares and foals in town. Where are all the stallions?
What's your theory?

This is strictly Ponyville by the way. For example, in the Cranky Doodle Donkey episode: All throughout Pinkie's song at the beginning, there isn't a single male character in that ensemble. Where are they? Are they working somewhere? Are they all just shut-ins?
-Brohoof /)

Jack_Daft

Yes exactly.  While all the mares are doing amazing musical numbers and enjoying life, the stallions do all the work and make the cogs of Ponyville turn behind the scenes.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

DotWaffler

Well, think of Big Macintosh. He's a farm pony and he works the fields to supply crops for Ponyville. Then there's Mr. Cake, who along with his wife, makes baked goods. Also if you've noticed in the episode; "Putting your Hoof Down" almost all the salesmen at the market are stallions and they grow the crops. This means there are likely types of farms specialized to bring a certain crop to Ponyville, Sweet Apple Acres of course providing the apples. Again in "Winter Wrap Up" there are stallions who help plowing the snow off the fields. Another good example is in "Mysterious Mare Do Well" when the construction site is collapsing all the workers are stallions. So according to these episodes, the stallions have jobs that result on the growth of Ponyville, whether it be building houses or bringing in crops. Another good theory is that the stallions just hate breaking out into song.
~DotWaffler

Mooncookie

-.- The stallions party all night and sleep it off during the day :c.

Tiger

The answer is simple. It's a little girl's show.

For a more theoretical answer, it's that stallions have more stuff to do than walk around Ponyville chatting with friends. They probably have to work to support a family or something, while all the mares can hang out with friends. There are probably an equal number of stallions and mares, although it might not seem so.

There were a lotta more stallions doing the more "manly" jobs, such as during Winter Wrap up when they pushed away the snow with those cart thingies and there were also more stallions raising the barn in Apple Family Reunion.

The only thing that might seem to be an exception is Fall Weather Friends, where all the participants were mares. Of course, the races could have been divided to "Mares" and "Stallions".

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Maybe most of them are vampires.
Or they just hang out together at night when their jobs are done. :P Ponyville becomes a completely different place at night. Luna must be so happy about this. :3

Ok, I'm just kind of rambling nonsensically in this post.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

BerserkerBrony

Theres no time for silly songs when there are fields that need plowing. 

Go Up