Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 23, 20:19:24
And when you're debating, you don't insult each other. When you're arguing, you do.
I've fought with people and not insulted them many times.
But I usually get insulted a lot... x3

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 23, 19:31:39
Benjamins are $100, though, aren't they? So he'll owe you 5 Benjamins. =P

Nope, $50,000!!!! That's the price of breaking my stuff!

Chromastone64

MLP's latest Facebook post.
You know I take the show too seriously when that picture and text legitimately creeps me out...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Nov 23, 20:20:52
Actually, there are civil and uncivil debates, insults do tend to fly in uncivil debates, professional or not.
Well i try my best to keep my debates civil and without insults but it seems like the other person thinks its some sorta attack on them... like if you want everyone to agree with everything you say ya should just get a Yes robot or something :l
Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Nov 23, 21:14:10
I've fought with people and not insulted them many times.
But I usually get insulted a lot... x3
that moment when your trying to be nice to a total meanie X3

Chishio Kunrin

That awkward moment when you make a post that's intended to be one thing, but people misconstrue it as being something else entirely and take offense. :s

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

The Gamebryo engine should have been taken out back and shot years ago. It was already ancient 4 years ago when Skyrim was made on it. Even then it was pushing it and Skyrim really should have been on a new engine. In my infinite naivety I thought for sure that Bethesda would learn from that experience and have the decency and common sense to make a new engine for their next game.

Spoiler: I was wrong.

Fallout 4 still on the Gamebryo engine? Are you kidding me? It's completely unacceptable for a AAA title to still be using a 15 year old game engine in this day and age, especially one that's infamous for buggy physics terrible NPC pathing. Calling it a last-gen engine is being generous. It's like 3 generations behind. I wish I could say I'm amazed that Bethesda would be so lazy and inept, but that would be a bold-faced lie. This kind of corner-cutting is completely in-character for Bethesda.

I'm getting sick and tired of them getting a free pass from the gaming community. If any other game developer released games in the state Bethesda is known for they'd be boycotted into bankruptcy, yet gamer just bend over and take it from Bethesda title after title. It's completely sorry and unscrupulous that they just leave blatant bugs in their games and expect the community to fix it in unofficial patches.

But hey, what do I know? It just works...

Stardust Dragon

Real "1st World Problems" of me here, but I'm trying to catch up on an episode of a show I missed through Xfinity's online video streaming...and it's terrible.  Their quality settings are nonexistent (low and high), and of the options low looks absolutely terrible, while high...doesn't play.  It buffers at most 2 minutes before stopping to buffer again.  The thing is, their only troubleshooting help for this problem is "well your computer just isn't up to snuff".  Horseapples, I say.  My pc will run rings around your minimum system reqs with two of her cores shut off, and it's more than capable of running other video and streaming services, with no hassle, at the same time as Xfinity while it's flailing about.  But even with their streaming running it's own, nothing else up, the situation hasn't improved...First thing that I want to do when I get my own place is change net providers if at all possible.

That's mostly coming as the icing on a day of condensed aggravation, so this is kinda a "straw that broke the camel's back" rant.  Hope I didn't middle-class American too hard on anybody.

Chishio Kunrin

You know what I hate in video games?

Well, for one, artificial difficulty. It's just lazy. I don't want any of this "There's a time limit on every single mission, and in this particular part, you have a time limit and have to hit a very small, very specific, exact spot while standing in this location without getting hit by the enemy even once, or else you have to start the entire area over from the beginning" stuff. If you have to start stacking up conditions against me just to make it difficult, you need to rethink that part... or the entire game, in some cases. That, and situations where items are significantly, exponentially more powerful in the enemy's hands than in yours. No, just no. If you can defeat me by hitting me once with something, but I have to hit you 3 times with the same thing to defeat you, there's something seriously wrong here. I have a specially crafted suit of heavy duty, futuristic super armor that has all kinds of amazing high tech bells and whistles, and it weighs like a ton and augments my strength immensely, not to mention that I went through special training for years! I realize you are an alien, but I am a super soldier with armor to match!! Can we please make things at least logically fair on Normal mode?!!

For two... "The fanbase wants the game to be challenging, so we're going to make the sequel really, really hard, even on the Easy setting!!" I get it when a game does that because the series' entire gimmick is "Challenging game," such as with Dark Souls. But when a regular game does that, it annoys me. They're alienating the part of their audience that plays games for fun and/or to enjoy the story and doesn't like when it's super challenging. Instead of catering solely to the "Video games are horrible if they aren't super challenging" group, how about you make it open for both groups? Have normal be... y'know... normal and have there be an "Insane" difficulty for the "It's not good if it's not challenging" people.

And don't listen to those people when they go "UGH I can't believe Normal and Easy are SO EASY, this is awful, they're catering to the wimpy stupid casuals who don't have a right to call themselves gamers, this game SUCKS, I play it on Insane mode because it's actually challenging that way, and I HATE that Normal and Easy are SOOOO easy, HOW DARE THEY" Those guys are elitist jerks who don't have the common sense to realize "It's optional and it's not hurting anyone, so I won't use it and won't care about it." You don't see me complaining about there being Insane/Critical modes, when I prefer to play Normal and actually not have to worry about rage quitting every single mission because it haaad to be super challenging.

"Well, don't play the games that are like that." And what if a series that I enjoy comes out with a sequel that's like that? Am I to abandon a series I enjoy just because some elitist jerks corrupted it? I don't want to have to go "The story for this new game seems really interesting, and I like the mechanics they put in. Oh, but it's made only for people who love a challenge..." I shouldn't have to be shut out of a potentially interesting game with cool mechanics just because I'm not one of those people who prefers when a game is infuriatingly difficult!! This is what difficulty options are for, developers!!

Didn't expect this to turn into a rant, but it did. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Difficulty settings are there for a reason: to allow a greater scope of players to enjoy the game.  If it's too easy on normal mode, guess what...that's what hard is for!  O:

Personally I like to play games on an easier setting: does that make me a "casual"?  Maybe.  Call me crazy for saying this, but most times I play games to have fun and relax, not cause me more stress because I can't beat a mission.  If I want a challenge, I'll crank the difficulty up, simple as that.

LostSanity

2015 Nov 25, 18:40:28 #17709 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 26, 08:55:31 by Princess Darcy
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Nov 24, 05:41:05
MLP's latest Facebook post.
You know I take the show too seriously when that picture and text legitimately creeps me out...

:'(

Dictatorship-jerk Glimmer... BETTER get a comeuppance for RIDICULOUS PONYVILLE.

>:O

-Stuck stuff in spoilers
~Darcy
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sweet Brew

2015 Nov 25, 21:23:00 #17710 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 26, 08:57:56 by Princess Darcy
Put your stuff fully in spoilers please. >:/
I don't want any more hints as to what the season final will hold.

Fixed!  BBCode was actually to blame it looks like.  I couldn't get spoilers to work properly with this post and had to remove the quote...~Darcy

Greyscaleisme

I just feel angry and out of control and lost.. It's been this way for a few weeks now.. I'm super stressed and tired.. And along with the mounting reality of the fact that I'll never be able to be what my parents want of me... I need a vacation.. Away from family.. Just me, alone, for about two weeks... Uuuhhgggg.  >.<
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Trying to explain to my mom that this isn't the 1960s and even if France does invoke article 5 there is NOT going to be a military draft. Period. There wasn't one for Iraq and there isn't going to be one now - nor ever again.

The military is overstaffed as it is. We have far more than enough soldiers joining the military voluntarily. We don't need a draft, and even if we did the government wouldn't use one lightly after the debacle that was Vietnam.

Yes, my mom is actually worried about me and my nephews getting drafting. Oh, mama....

MarshyMellow

Don't you hate it when you come across someone cute on the outside but on the inside they're really mean?  :s

That's happened to be before, actually.. >:/

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Pipkin

I'm sitting in networking class....."Hey, here's an easy looking assignment to fill out.  It's in a PDF, so you can't actually type on it muahahaha"....."Oh, you want this in a word document?  Gimme your money"

Thanks Adobe!

Jcfraven

Quote from: MarshyMellow on 2015 Nov 26, 08:32:01
Don't you hate it when you come across someone cute on the outside but on the inside they're really mean?  :s

That's happened to be before, actually.. >:/

I remember one person who was really attractive, gives the appearance of being this sweet, innocent girl, yet will easily, to put it bluntly:
Spoiler: show

Screw you over.

Never judge nor trust a book by its cover, I suppose.

Jcfraven

I hate it that on Tapatalk, it's impossible to avoid spoilers, because everything that's in the spoiler tags aren't actually put in an expandable/collapsible spoiler grouping(just plain text on a grey backvround).

Pipkin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Nov 26, 10:31:36
I hate it that on Tapatalk, it's impossible to avoid spoilers, because everything that's in the spoiler tags aren't actually put in an expandable/collapsible spoiler grouping(just plain text on a grey backvround).

You can ask the web dev team if they can fix that.

I hate tapatalk.  I don't have it installed but once in a while it completely locks me out of the forums, and for me to access them I have to clear my browser cache on my phone and navigate to the forums through legendsofequestria(dot)com instead of just going to forum(dot)legendsofequestria(dot)com...

Gamepad

tapatalk keeps popping up and I can't even download it (iOS 6). Specially annoying when it replaces the full page and not just a normal banner, having to go through the other pages.

Does anyone actually use it?

Jcfraven

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2015 Nov 26, 15:17:40
tapatalk keeps popping up and I can't even download it (iOS 6). Specially annoying when it replaces the full page and not just a normal banner, having to go through the other pages.

Does anyone actually use it?

It's the only reason I'm able to access LoE throughout my day, it works great for me.

Go Up