I'm a Great-Uncle!

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2012 Nov 12, 20:44:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

2012 Nov 12, 20:44:14 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 20, 23:20:13 by Midnight Breeze
Well, my oldest niece's baby shower is next week. She's due for her first son in December, right after her 20th birthday. Seeing as she and I live in the same apartment complex, I'm sure I'll be babysitting often.

I like to joke that I was born 'in the wrong generation'. I was an unexpected baby born very late in my family. My parents are in their 60s and my sisters are 38 and 41 respectively. My oldest niece was born just a year after me, so she's like a sister to me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to push for an MLP themed baby shower, the baby being a boy and all.  X3

Today, at 5:12PM December 20th, 2012; Aidan Michael Scott May-Sparks was born! Wish I could have witnessed his birth, I was working in ER when I got the call that my niece was in labor and headed up. Unfortunately, my mom, sister, and step sister-in-law were already there and they wouldn't allow a fourth visitor, so I had to wait outside.

Not sure if it's okay to post a picture of him, I will if a mod gives permission.

Coffee Rush

Well, congradulations. I'm quite young to be an uncle, but in no way do I qualify to be a great uncle as of now.
My OC can be found here!

Book Smarts

Congrats  :D

Hope everything goes well, make sure to make him smile  :D

Rissian

Congratulations.  ^-^  I'm the youngest in my family as well, I have 2 older sisters one is 23 and the oldest is 29, my oldest sister often had us babysit our nephew when he was younger.

Flamestriker

Congratulations! I wish I could be that, but I'm the eldest, so....
[move][/move]

applesing

Congratulations! ^-^ I know a few others are uncles.. But.. I can't be one myself.. so yeah! Hope everything goes well :)
They are eating her, and then they are going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

LaptopCommandStation

Congrats.  Fail to me for not noticing this until now.  I can rest assured I won't be a great uncle for a long time yet  X3

Interesting that I did notice this today though.  I was told today i'm gonna be an uncle for the 4th time.

I'm only 22  O:

Rissian

I'm only 20 and I'm an uncle it was pretty odd at first, especially since I was even younger when my oldest sister had my nephew but now I'm used to it, I'm just glad he calls me by my name without including uncle that would feel a bit odd.  ovO

Lord of Madness

Midnight Breeze

It just dawned on me that it's an achievement for my 88 year old grandmother, too. It will be her first great-great-grandson.

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Midnight Breeze

On a less serious note: What does it say about my lovelife when my great-nephew is born before my own children?

Rissian

Not much, as you're only 21 and It's something you don't want to rush.

My cousin on my mom's side apparently had a daughter so now I have a 2nd cousin which is interesting. o_o

Book Smarts

My family tree is all over the place, I have no idea where to start  :l

Rissian

Mines a bit large as well I have quite a few relatives on my mom's side and my dad's side though only less than half on each side we actually visit or see.

lurk852

My family tree's pretty tiny. I doubt that I'll ever meet a first cousin/niece/nephew/etc, but I'm fine with that.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Midnight Breeze

Shower was today and I was one of only 3 males out of 31 guests.

Lord of Madness

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Midnight Breeze

He's arrived! Happy 0th birthday, Aidan!

Go Up