Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

Ryo_D_Disk

Ryp waits till Flare enters the testing room then takes a bit more serious tone
"Right now Mage it apears we need a few words now dont we"

LostSanity

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Dec 10, 18:30:24
Ryp waits till Flare enters the testing room then takes a bit more serious tone
"Right now Mage it apears we need a few words now dont we"

Mage... was shocked at Ryo's sudden seriousness.

"Um... okay? What seems to be the problem?" asked Mage, unsure why Ryo had become so serious all of a sudden.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Dec 10, 18:22:13
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 10, 18:09:30
The secretary smiled, turning slightly as the shuffling of papers paused for a moment.  "Of course it is acceptable.  If you feel ready to take the examination, feel free to enter the testing room with these."

A wisp of smoke drifted over to the would-be student and puffed into what seemed like a single piece of paper alongside a quill and an abacus.  Upon further examination, the paper could be seen to change according to time and various miniature sigils to show different problems and provide scratch paper, and the quill had its own sigil summoning an endless well of ink.

One of the doors at the side of the room, the one with the words "TESTING ROOM" clearly marked on it, lit up and became somewhat ephemeral, allowing authorized ponies to enter.

"Please do not try to cheat, this is an academy for magic after all, and we have safeguards against all sorts.  When you are finished, simply sign your name at the bottom and the test will automatically grade itself."

The mare smiled.  "Good luck."

Flare simply nodded. She began to shake a little again. She was nervous. A hoof landed on her shoulder. It was Mage again. This made her blush a little more again.

"Hey. Relax. Just do your best. That's all you can do" suggested Mage. Flare simply nodded.

"I know. I will. Don't worry" assured Flare.

With that said, she took her testing items with her magic, entered the testing room, took a seat in the second row, and began taking the test.
The test was very comprehensive, making even the most difficult of other examinations seem simple as addition in comparison.  The majority of the questions involved not only the use of every concept ever taught in lower grades, but also assessed the test-taker's ability to apply these concepts to complex, multifaceted situations where there was no one particular solution but a myriad of solutions, each valid yet only a particular few efficient enough to be realistic.  From astronomy, physics and calculus to elemental, optical and cosmic magic, the test seemed almost impossible, yet somehow the mare was able to solve each problem as they came along.  She wasn't too sure about the large majority of them, but in her mind it seemed that just having the question asked made something click for her, and previously alien concepts seemed to make sense in a way they never did.  Whether it was some innate ability suddenly coming to surface or simply the encouragement of Mage that helped her wasn't clear, but however it happened, she soon found herself finishing the last problem.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Ryo_D_Disk

"Well I have been informed by Dr Kai here that my lesson has caused you some issues, for this I have an apology to make"Ryo smiles the serious tone gone
"I wanted to check that you were ok, I went a little overboard in the lesson before"

LostSanity

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 10, 19:25:19
The test was very comprehensive, making even the most difficult of other examinations seem simple as addition in comparison.  The majority of the questions involved not only the use of every concept ever taught in lower grades, but also assessed the test-taker's ability to apply these concepts to complex, multifaceted situations where there was no one particular solution but a myriad of solutions, each valid yet only a particular few efficient enough to be realistic.  From astronomy, physics and calculus to elemental, optical and cosmic magic, the test seemed almost impossible, yet somehow the mare was able to solve each problem as they came along.  She wasn't too sure about the large majority of them, but in her mind it seemed that just having the question asked made something click for her, and previously alien concepts seemed to make sense in a way they never did.  Whether it was some innate ability suddenly coming to surface or simply the encouragement of Mage that helped her wasn't clear, but however it happened, she soon found herself finishing the last problem.

Flare let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't sure if she had passed or not. Either way, though, she was finished. At this point, there was no point in just sitting there, constantly going over her test to make sure she was satisfied with her answers. If she did that, she would second guess herself and her answers and possibly change her answers, which would also have the possibility of her changing her answers to the incorrect answers. She just didn't want to look at her test anymore.

So... she signed her name at the bottom and just closed her eyes. She didn't want to watch as the test graded itself...

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Dec 10, 19:33:11
"Well I have been informed by Dr Kai here that my lesson has caused you some issues, for this I have an apology to make"Ryo smiles the serious tone gone
"I wanted to check that you were ok, I went a little overboard in the lesson before"

Mage realized what Ryo was talking about.

"Oh... that..." began Mage as he took a moment before speaking up again "I'm fine don't worry. I don't think it was actually your fault. That was the first time I've ever dealt with shadow and dark magic. To be honest... I'm not sure why I had such harsh hallucinations, but, it may have been because that was my first time dealing with shadow and dark magic. But... I'm fine now don't worry. Now that I've experienced what shadow and dark magic is like, hopefully, something like this won't happen again" assured Mage, though, to be honest, he was unsure if this would really end up being the case or not...

Ryo_D_Disk

"well that lesson was designed to force you to a fear point, which is why I set up the talking board and the shadow creature, but I never envisioned it being so well effective, the Idea of it is just to show what its truly capable of, and how easy it is to turn for the worst"

Ryo reaches into his bag and takes out a candle unlike the others used in his lessons this one is fat and short with a solid round base to it
"Here I want you to keep this; it's the reverse of what I use in my lessons, think of it as a calming candle over the fear ones I used"

LostSanity

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Dec 11, 14:10:47
"well that lesson was designed to force you to a fear point, which is why I set up the talking board and the shadow creature, but I never envisioned it being so well effective, the Idea of it is just to show what its truly capable of, and how easy it is to turn for the worst"

Ryo reaches into his bag and takes out a candle unlike the others used in his lessons this one is fat and short with a solid round base to it
"Here I want you to keep this; it's the reverse of what I use in my lessons, think of it as a calming candle over the fear ones I used"

"Alright" replied Mage as he gladly accepted the candle from Ryo and took it by using his magic

The Wandering Magus

2012 Dec 13, 14:13:50 #3487 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 13, 14:18:05 by The Wandering Magus
((poll reset))
Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Dec 11, 11:40:20

Flare let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't sure if she had passed or not. Either way, though, she was finished. At this point, there was no point in just sitting there, constantly going over her test to make sure she was satisfied with her answers. If she did that, she would second guess herself and her answers and possibly change her answers, which would also have the possibility of her changing her answers to the incorrect answers. She just didn't want to look at her test anymore.

So... she signed her name at the bottom and just closed her eyes. She didn't want to watch as the test graded itself...
The mare could hear the sounds from outside as the testing room door became intangible again.  The secretary smiled at the nervous mare still siting inside.

"Well well, let's see how you did."

The sheet sailed over to the mare as the rest of the various documents went still for a moment.  A big, happy smile came to the mare's face.

"Congratulations, Ms. Flare.  YOU PASSED!"

((*cue celebrations*))
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

LostSanity

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 13, 14:13:50
((poll reset))
Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Dec 11, 11:40:20

The mare could hear the sounds from outside as the testing room door became intangible again.  The secretary smiled at the nervous mare still siting inside.

"Well well, let's see how you did."

The sheet sailed over to the mare as the rest of the various documents went still for a moment.  A big, happy smile came to the mare's face.

"Congratulations, Ms. Flare.  YOU PASSED!"

((*cue celebrations*))

Flare... didn't know what to say. She was flabbergasted as well as shocked.

"A-Are you sure...?" asked Flare. Then, all of sudden, she raised her right hoof and bit it.

"OW!!" shouted Flare, then, she blushed and spoke up again

"Sorry... I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming..." stated Flare

Ründo

Noy headed over to the gymnasium. As he did so he looked over the list he made. [glow=black,2,300](hmm, a few bounce balls, feathers, chalk [gut wrenching kind], cups, gallons of water, hose, pies, clay, cake, megaphone, projector, eggs, metronome, one giant thundercloud, and one potion of invisibility.  I can wait on the perishable items for when it's time for my next class.)[/glow] Having arrived he opened the doors and headed on in.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

PPBG

Shard walked into his classroom and gently closed the door behind him. He picked up a stack of books and placed them on each desk.

(( Dragonology next...?))
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

LostSanity

((I guess. Even though I still haven't finished Flare's shock that she passed the examination.  X3 ))

Flare was still in shock, but, left without another word. When she came out... Mage went directly to her.

"Well?" asked Mage. Flare said nothing and was still in complete shock. Mage assumed she had failed as she expected.

"It's alright. Just learn more and you'll pass it next time!!" assured Mage.

"I... I passed..." informed Flare. Mage became shocked.

"That's great!!" cheered Mage.

"Yeah... but... what am I going to do now? I was supposed to go back to the other school..." informed Flare.

"Oh... well... you could always send them a letter explaining what happened. I bet they'd support you as much as they supported me." offered Mage. Flare finally smiled again.

"Yeah... you're probably right..." replied Flare. Mage felt his map vibrate again. He looked at it and noticed another class was about to start.

"Just in time too!! Another class is about to start!!" informed Mage.

"But... I don't have any of my school supplies..." informed Flare. Mage just smiled.

"Neither do I. I just teleport them to myself when I need them for a class" replied Mage. Flare blushed again.

"Oh... right..." remarked Flare.

"You just need a map now..." reminded Mage.

"Okay. I'll go ask for one" decided Flare as she went back into the administrators office.

"Excuse me... but... could I please have a map of the academy?" asked Flare as she was still slightly shocked that she passed the examination.

Ryo_D_Disk

"well congradulations then"
"Indeed it will be intresting to have a new student around and im sure your first offical class shall be fun"
"thats a point Proffesor Shards lesson is next, I still need to talk to him so I must head off good luck you two"Kai begins to trott off, Ryo just waits

Teal Turken

Quote from: Ründo on 2012 Dec 17, 00:29:34
Noy headed over to the gymnasium. As he did so he looked over the list he made. [glow=black,2,300](hmm, a few bounce balls, feathers, chalk [gut wrenching kind], cups, gallons of water, hose, pies, clay, cake, megaphone, projector, eggs, metronome, one giant thundercloud, and one potion of invisibility.  I can wait on the perishable items for when it's time for my next class.)[/glow] Having arrived he opened the doors and headed on in.

Teal is far off towards the back of the gymnasium checking on his swim class supplies with a checklist. He flies around the room examining the supplies and the lifeguard tower for any damages or weathering.

Ründo

[glow=black,2,300]"Odd, where is the staff, I've hardly seen anyone but a few students since I've been here?"[/glow] Noy muttered before wandering into the swimming area. He quickly, noticed the pony flying around. [glow=black,2,300]"Why hello there."[/glow]
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

PPBG

(( It's fine. :s I was just putting that out there. It doesn't have too be right now, just next. ...I can wait another day or two.))

Shard sat down at his desk. He wrote in a notebook.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Ryo_D_Disk

((Id say the dragon class would be awsome expecaly whith that summon ing youve been practicing  ovO))

Kai nocks on Shards door with three modorate bangs

PPBG

((  ovO Sure, practice. One lesson, yup, I is ready to summon dragonz.))

Shard jumped a bit but then calmed and said in a level voice, "Come in~"
(I wonder who it is. It's a bit early for a student...)

Ryo_D_Disk

Kai opens the door and walks in
"Hello again Proffesor Shard Im sorry to disturb you before you lessons"

PPBG

"Oh, no, it's fine. What is it?"

Go Up