Season 3 final spell

Started by Vertigo,, 2013 Feb 24, 20:02:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Vertigo,

Everyone knows that Star swirls spell caused the whole cutiemark trouble. But what what was the spell suppose to do anyway?

Midnight Breeze

Starswirl tried to create magic that could control a ponies destiny. He botched it, and wound up scrambling his own.

Enter: Discord.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 25, 02:48:59
Starswirl tried to create magic that could control a ponies destiny. He botched it, and wound up scrambling his own.

I love that theory, by the way. :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

control a pony's destiny?  suuure, that TOTALLY won't have any bad side effects... :ajshifty:
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 25, 05:27:26

I love that theory, by the way. :3

That would be one extreme scrambling on his part :P

Book Smarts

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 25, 20:42:00
control a pony's destiny?  suuure, that TOTALLY won't have any bad side effects... :ajshifty:

Doesn't help his personal image now that the season 3 finale has been released. Twilight originally mentioned him to be at least a good pony; creating different schools of spells.

HerpyDooves

Are you saying that... Starswirl is, Discord? If so, you are one smart pony. lol

Little Judas

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 26, 07:44:00
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 25, 20:42:00

Doesn't help his personal image now that the season 3 finale has been released. Twilight originally mentioned him to be at least a good pony; creating different schools of spells.

Changing one's destiny is, however risky, essentially not good nor bad.
For instance, if I had a silver spoon as my cutiemark, I would be pretty darn cranky. So if it was possible to change it I would like that.
But of course it could also be used for bad purposes.

Though the risk of experimenting with it could be devastating.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

The Wandering Magus

like experimenting with a nuclear bomb it is, or with genetic engineering.  not necessarily bad if done carefully, but...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

HerpyDooves

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 26, 12:47:48
like experimenting with a nuclear bomb it is, or with genetic engineering.  not necessarily bad if done carefully, but...

... it's unnatural?

Little Judas

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Feb 26, 17:44:14

... it's unnatural?

... Or newnatural.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Feb 26, 18:12:59
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Feb 26, 17:44:14

... it's unnatural?

... Or newnatural.

:P

Chishio Kunrin

Colgate: "I don't want my cutie mark to be time-related. I want to be a dentist!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zbizo

The spell was supposed to swap talents
QuoteFrom one to another, another to one. A mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled

but it also corrupted their memories. Twilight failed again, in my opinion(as she did in crystal empire when spike finished her job). She was probably supposed to fix this spell instead of creating counter-spell(?) based on unfinished piece.
I still don't understand, what this spell was doing anyway after she rewrote it?

Lucien

Well, here's my theory.

From one to another
Another to one
A mark of one's destiny
Singled out alone, fulfilled.

This stanza is what causes twilight to become an alicorn after she takes part in the spell's completion.

From all of us together
Together we are friends
With the marks of our destinies made one
There is magic without end.

This stanza is a way to create infinite magic by (metaphorically) combining mane 6's cutie marks (through friendship).

Since Starswirl (Discord) had no friends (Keep Calm and Flutter On revealed this) the spell became glitchy, for no one else was around him for him to be singled out.

Parts of his body were considered by the spell's magic to be other ponies, for no one was around, and his body went all messed up, and he was given the ability to create chaos.
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Puynsi

Any unfinished spell whatever its his purpose will end up doing something totally different... because Magic people!  >:/

Go Up