Adventure Roleplay: Origins of Magic (Discussion)

Started by Teal Turken, 2013 Aug 18, 17:24:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Omega_Khaos

that is why I said it can be modified by you to better suit the RP. but will think of something else. maybe you can help me on that.

Teal Turken

um...after looking through those abilities a few times over...
I think they're all fine, EXCEPT for the healing abilities. I just don't like healing powers as a whole because they cause so many loopholes in stories. Sorry, no healing abilities. I would only allow healing abilities if they had massive requirements but I don't have any plans to have any characters mortally wounded anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Omega_Khaos

I think might give the ability to learn changeling magic first would also be a better start so as to make learning the gained abilities somewhat easier. what do you think?

Teal Turken

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2013 Aug 24, 17:08:25
I think might give the ability to learn changeling magic first would also be a better start so as to make learning the gained abilities somewhat easier. what do you think?

Nah, it'd work better after the second act, which is up next and when you'll appear.
I'll let you know when it's a good time to teach the main character changeling magic.

Omega_Khaos

kk also might change up a few things make it a bit more like what you have going small or complicated problems that give same rewards cloud-walk spell changed btw.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2013 Aug 24, 17:14:50
kk also might change up a few things make it a bit more like what you have going small or complicated problems that give same rewards cloud-walk spell changed btw.

What did you change it to?

Omega_Khaos

To be honest I was going to leave the spell itself up to you. something she would know as a pony that the main hero would need l8er.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2013 Aug 24, 17:18:49
To be honest I was going to leave the spell itself up to you. something she would know as a pony that the main hero would need l8er.

Oh.
um...I'll have to think of something I guess. :\

Omega_Khaos

2013 Aug 24, 17:22:56 #48 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 24, 17:24:50 by Omega_Khaos
well I have been reading the RP itself and transformation magic she knows alot of and not all of it is changeling based. if I brought her in now she could help him help the one he is helping now. but I think we already set on her appearing in the second part.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2013 Aug 24, 17:22:56
well I have been reading the RP itself and transformation magic she knows alot of and not all of it is changeling based.

It's hard to say about transformation magic. I just don't like it to be applied for ponies. I'd much rather leave it to changeling characters only.

Omega_Khaos

2013 Aug 24, 17:27:47 #50 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 24, 18:52:09 by Omega_Khaos
kk then be waiting for next part.

Post Merge

ok teal how would like me to bring in Chrysteel?

Shadechaser

Could the shadows aid in the search? or help lead them to the shop?
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Omega_Khaos

Well I think for some of it Teal knows but then others is up to players.

Shadechaser

I was thinking of like a light shadow that urges them to follow it, but if Teal has other ideas, then I will just not say any more.
Twilight Sparkle?!

Teal Turken

I sorta just planned for you guys to take a map and get to the shop. :l

Shadechaser

Twilight Sparkle?!

Teal Turken

Quote from: Shadechaser on 2013 Aug 25, 18:55:16
Okay. I will just not post it.

No actually, do it. Get them to the shop so this adventure can actually get closer to starting.

Omega_Khaos

2013 Aug 25, 19:07:04 #57 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 25, 19:27:50 by Omega_Khaos
Plz look to Chrysteel's profile in my O.C. post it has all the main back story for her though there are some major changes.

Post Merge

OK Teal about the trait shape-shift it is not true shape shifting. It more like you take traits from specific points and add them to yourself. some are stronger and can be used to make a form but most are just buff like effects with minor physical changes.

Post Merge

BTW Teal The second of four missions can now be started by Blob asking about the Scar on Chrysteel's flank.

Breaking the hate wall. the scar is somepony's hate towards changelings and it stops them from using one of their most powerful shape shifts.

Teal Turken

So...you mean like he can grow goat horns and get goatish....stats or something? o.O

Omega_Khaos

2013 Aug 25, 20:28:32 #59 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 25, 20:38:13 by Omega_Khaos
Sorry...No...He is able to use something like emotions felt and gained from changeling magic or for Blob, himself, to give traits to his base form like say immunity to a negative emotions effects.
example: fear
With fear he does change physically to look like nightmare pony but for allies he removes fear and for enemies he would be able to instill it. for like with the bullies from the first mission, he would better be able to keep calm the one being bullied while at same time making the bullies feel more intimidated by him.

Post Merge

Chrysteel's current form has the trait of love. able to instill it into the hearts of others and heal them. a mother's love and care.
the form Chrysteel almost took was her other most powerful form besides ultimate it is the perfect counter to fear and its effects on ponies. plus it has powerful offensive abilities and disrupts to keep others safe. both of these forms are pure harmonic energy.

Go Up