Favorite animated movies?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Aug 04, 01:03:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 05, 01:51:00
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 05, 00:14:04
Yeah I noticed that as well re-watching some old movies you notice or pick up a lot of things in the story you didn't notice as a kid it was actually kind of interesting.

(And I loved balto I watched balto 1-3 great movies, my favorite movies are talking animal ones.)

I even mean adult stuff. Also, considering I used to watch A Goofy Movie a lot when I was a kid, I didn't understand a lot of the stuff in the movie because the main character Max was a teenager who just graduated high school. It wasn't until high school when I finally understood. lol

That, and Max's principal mentioned the "electric chair." I didn't know what that was as a kid, and I didn't know it meant death penalty. o.O Man, I love old 90s Disney movies. Good for all ages.
Ooooo and I love A Goofy Movie!  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Book Smarts

I actually thought college was like the one in the Goofy Movie 2 when I was younger  lol

Lucien

The Secret of Kells
Yellow Submarine
Aristocrats

No one knows about Secret of Kells though (It's on netflix! Go watch it!). It's an amazing movie.
Awesome music too.

Yellow Submarine was made while the Beatles were high (they admitted it), so enough said for that.

Aristocrats is a nostalgic movie for me, I used to watch it all..

THE LORAX. You know, the old animated version which was like 30 minutes long? THAT was nostalgic.
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Stitchin Time

To add to my previous list, some Disney movies who get a special mention...

The Aristocats, Bolt, Balto, and Lady and the Tramp.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 05, 11:37:12
To add to my previous list, some Disney movies who get a special mention...

The Aristocats, Bolt, Balto, and Lady and the Tramp.

Ahhh, Bolt was a good movie too.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

I FORGET what they were called but those movies that are... er... OH All I know is that its from Japan and it is technically a series of stories. one involving like. Howls moving castle and others from the same company and things o3o

Stitchin Time

This may not count, as it was a tv show, but Sagwa. It was about a kitten living with a Chinese emperor. They stopped playing it, though. :c

lurk852

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 06, 21:49:19
I FORGET what they were called but those movies that are... er... OH All I know is that its from Japan and it is technically a series of stories. one involving like. Howls moving castle and others from the same company and things o3o

Not actually a series - just a bunch of movies by the same guy, Miyazaki. Yeah, those are great.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 06, 21:53:23
This may not count, as it was a tv show, but Sagwa. It was about a kitten living with a Chinese emperor. They stopped playing it, though. :c

I loved Sagwa! :D

Another movie... The Secret of NIMH.

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 06, 22:05:42

It's been so long. The only time I can remember it, I was scared out of my mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 06, 22:10:19

It's been so long. The only time I can remember it, I was scared out of my mind.

Yeah, it wasn't really a very fun cutesy Disney type movie. I think there was a prequel that I never saw that explained more in-depth the genius rats' story.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 06, 22:30:05
Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 06, 22:10:19

Yeah, it wasn't really a very fun cutesy Disney type movie. I think there was a prequel that I never saw that explained more in-depth the genius rats' story.

I remember watching that movie on netflix a year or so ago, I actually liked it a lot, it wasn't a favorite but it was still a really good movie.

When I first watched it I thought the creepy looking owl was a villain or something when Mrs. Brisby first had to find it, it definitely had a darker tone then most movies I've seen of it's type, they actually made a sequel to it about her son who wasn't sick anymore but most people say it wasn't as good as the first movie and it kind of ignored important plot points.

Another thing I loved about the first movie was it's theme song, it was a nice song to listen to I think it was called Flying Dreams.

Go Up