New Forum Layout?

Started by Julius, 2012 Sep 22, 01:22:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

You know, this could be my iPhone derping on me but... Did you guys change the forum's layout?

Because if you did... Well this one's terrible! At least from an iPhone.  :/

If you did change it, I must say the new one isn't very iPhone friendly. Not at all. Looks bad, it's all messed up, I can't find certain things... It's just bad overall!  :l

What's up with that?

Of course, if you changed nothing and it's just my iPhone derping on me, I apologize guys.  X3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

They did change it. They're getting all kinds of feedback on it, too, like it's too bright, the "new posts" button is too small, and the rainbows hang in front of stuff. X3 Other than that stuff, though, I kinda like it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Changes will be done over time, I only have one minor annoyance...

I find the navigation bar to be awkwardly placed, it should be in the middle and not to the left side

Ahaut

New layout isn't bad at all. My only complaint is that the forum links are a little painful to read. Maybe remove the gradients and have a simple white background for them?
By the way, for those unsure, I'm talking about this:

But I'll probably get used to it later on.

Jade Mask 114

Thank you Cutiebone and Jenzy
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4384.0 my O.C. Page

Julius

Ah, glad to see it's not the iPhone then.

But yeah! It's terrible from an iPhone. The rainbows cover stuff, buttons are weird looking, the show unread posts/replies buttons were better as they were, I can't see my Avatar at the top of the page... It sucks big time.  :\

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being harsh but... Well I really liked the old layout, it was perfect and so iPhone friendly (Which, as you can tell by now, is where I check the forums most of the time), everything was really neat!

... Bring them back? :)
Purr~

Liska

Please check to see if the theme on your iPhone is reverted to the old theme.
If it doesn't work, flail your hooves frantically.  o_o

Julius

2012 Sep 22, 03:39:50 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 22, 03:49:28 by Julius
Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2012 Sep 22, 03:20:33
Please check to see if the theme on your iPhone is reverted to the old theme.
If it doesn't work, flail your hooves frantically.  o_o

*Flailing hooves frantically*

Edit: I keep reloading time and time again, nothing yet. Oh well, must keep trying!  ovO
Purr~

Liska

Julius

2012 Sep 22, 03:59:17 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 22, 04:06:23 by Julius
Nope.

Sorry to bother you with this Anya.  :\

But you know, trying to fix this myself, I found this : Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout. Why not add an option to switch between layouts there? :D
Purr~

Liska

Night Pony

I liked the old one because the banner sometimes changes to night themed but i can live without it.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Julius

Oh I liked that banner too!

... No luck yet Anya. I tried clearing my cookies, data and history. I also closed Safari. Still nothing.
Purr~

Liska

I'll keeping trying tomorrow after I wake up.
Also, the website will be redone very soon as well (very similar to the current forum theme), and with this will most likely come integration of the forums and website as one, meaning you'd have to get used to the current forum theme anyways (the website does have a few minor differences, but it's basically in the same style.)
Although that is no excuse for a distracting layout for mobile phones, I'm just warning y'all that the old theme will very soon be cut off entirely.
I will admit, the time-changing cloud banner was indeed a rather nice perk, we had fun putting that together. :P

Does it look something like this?

Julius

Purr~

Shy-Blood

I like this new layout. The rainbows are annoying though.... But apart from that it's okay..  :]
Credit goes to Frosting Blush.

Liska

(Resolving this thread, moving the other from News to here.) ;)

Go Up