Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 15, 21:56:57
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 15, 20:54:52
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 15, 20:22:54
Quote from: Button on 2014 May 15, 12:35:34
I'm going to become dependent on caffeine with my new job. Ughh.

.......wait, too much coffee is a bad thing?

Caffeine addiction is a bad thing. Wait, who am I to talk? I refuse to put in any effort to quit. o_O
I drink so much tea I might get a caffeine addiction....I hope not :s

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. There are no negative effects to prolonged caffeine addiction. The only detrimental effects you'll get is from withdrawl symptoms. So unless you plan to stop drinking tea altogether it wouldn't matter.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 15, 22:00:55
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 15, 21:56:57
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 15, 20:54:52
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 15, 20:22:54
Quote from: Button on 2014 May 15, 12:35:34
I'm going to become dependent on caffeine with my new job. Ughh.

.......wait, too much coffee is a bad thing?

Caffeine addiction is a bad thing. Wait, who am I to talk? I refuse to put in any effort to quit. o_O
I drink so much tea I might get a caffeine addiction....I hope not :s

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. There are no negative effects to prolonged caffeine addiction. The only detrimental effects you'll get is from withdrawl symptoms. So unless you plan to stop drinking tea altogether it wouldn't matter.
But still, to be 'hooked' on tea? :s
I don't want anything controlling my life besides the things I want to be controlling me...lol

Dumb things that annoy me...hmmm...

1:Trolls, especially when they keep making an account to 'troll' us with, our mods are the finest though...
2:Being forced to eat.... I wish eating was for fun and that's it...
3:slow internet, when I'm watching MLP and then in a BIG part everything freezes!

Chishio Kunrin

When people call Link Zelda. I mean, come on, really? Especially when they're talking about a game where the other characters specifically refer to Zelda as Zelda. They're not talking to your character in the third person, and no, your character is not a she. His name is Link.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Johannes

I got a call from a random guy.
He congratulated me for graduating and asked few questions.
I was really confused so I couldn't really answer them properly...

I googled the phone number and found out that he was a guy from the radio.

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 16, 03:50:47
When people call Link Zelda. I mean, come on, really? Especially when they're talking about a game where the other characters specifically refer to Zelda as Zelda. They're not talking to your character in the third person, and no, your character is not a she. His name is Link.
Usually in LoZ games you can choose your name, one annoying thing is when you choose a funny name thinking "This will be funny" and the joke gets old in like 5 seconds, then at the FINAL end boss you can't take him or the moment seriously, so he's all

>:O "I will destroy you 'Derpy'!"

and you're like

:l "I wish I kept my name as 'Link'..."

Ramisha

Quote from: Johannes on 2014 May 16, 04:15:43

Oh, my friend got a phone call from a number beginning with +44, we googled it and that number is the call number for Great Britain, she went crazy and wanted to call that number back.

Hm, for the past few days my head hurt a lot, so my mum took  my blood and tested it, everything is perfect. The blood cells, iron, everything. It could be because of the weather, err, I mean the air pressure. And the perfect iron amount doesn't explain why I'm always so pale, I got sick once and I looked like a zombie. Really.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 16, 04:43:46
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 16, 03:50:47
Usually in LoZ games you can choose your name, one annoying thing is when you choose a funny name thinking "This will be funny" and the joke gets old in like 5 seconds, then at the FINAL end boss you can't take him or the moment seriously, so he's all

>:O "I will destroy you 'Derpy'!"

and you're like

:l "I wish I kept my name as 'Link'..."
I usually name him after someone from what movie/show I been watching or what book I've been reading. Like one time I'd been watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air so I named him Carlton.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

My mom has always overestimated my intelligence. I'm not sure what originally got her thinking that I was so smart, I can tell just by the way my brain works that I'm not very intelligent: I'm terrible at math, I have poor memory, slow reaction time, and a short attention span - all signs of low intelligence. Well, she and my step dad are getting frustrated that I still  haven't gone to college. They feel like I'm not living up to my intellectual potential, that if I just set my mind to it I could be a great scientist or doctor.

Thing is, I have no desire to be rich or famous. I'm perfectly happy being in the working class. Plus, would a college education even be worth the investment? Fact is over 50% of Americans who have a college degree are either unemployed or working a job that doesn't require their degree. It seems to me that spending tens of thousands of dollars and four years of my life on a framed piece of paper that won't even help me get a job would be the opposite of smart.

Now I'm not knocking college or those who attend it. I fully support people pursuing their dreams and ambitions. I'm just saying it's not for me. Not everyone is meant to be a scientist or a lawyer or a CEO. In fact very few people are. And I'm not one of them. I'll take a low-stress low-paying job over a high-stress high-paying job anyday. Not everyone likes being in the spotlight.  >.<

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 16, 12:10:33
My mom has always overestimated my intelligence. I'm not sure what originally got her thinking that I was so smart, I can tell just by the way my brain works that I'm not very intelligent: I'm terrible at math, I have poor memory, slow reaction time, and a short attention span - all signs of low intelligence. Well, she and my step dad are getting frustrated that I still  haven't gone to college. They feel like I'm not living up to my intellectual potential, that if I just set my mind to it I could be a great scientist or doctor.

Thing is, I have no desire to be rich or famous. I'm perfectly happy being in the working class. Plus, would a college education even be worth the investment? Fact is over 50% of Americans who have a college degree are either unemployed or working a job that doesn't require their degree. It seems to me that spending tens of thousands of dollars and four years of my life on a framed piece of paper that won't even help me get a job would be the opposite of smart.

Now I'm not knocking college or those who attend it. I fully support people pursuing their dreams and ambitions. I'm just saying it's not for me. Not everyone is meant to be a scientist or a lawyer or a CEO. In fact very few people are. And I'm not one of them. I'll take a low-stress low-paying job over a high-stress high-paying job anyday. Not everyone likes being in the spotlight.  >.<

I agree with you on so many levels.
My mother overestimates me as well, and I have terrible math skills and bad memory.  The only thing keeping me from having poor reaction time and attention span is the training video games have given me.

I have no desire for fame or money either, despite my fathers history of success.
And despite ALL of this, my mother still wants me to get a Business Degree.
My older brother is the smart one in the family, HE'S the one who's currently IN college.

Peace and quiet is the best, in my opinion. 
Give me a small apartment or one bedroom house any day.

You know, they're probably just worried about us.  What parent wouldn't want their child to be as successful as possible?
<br />

Act One

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 16, 07:47:10

Oh, my friend got a phone call from a number beginning with +44, we googled it and that number is the call number for Great Britain, she went crazy and wanted to call that number back.

Yep, us crazy britz will use radio to do some crazy stuff... Wait... She didn't just try to call us back for our accent, did she? A lot of people are a sucka for that kind of link. (Not a bad thing, just I think some of us would do the same for Texans or generally anyone from the States or other countries.)

Okay, here's one - There is nowhere to park in a city that is one of 2 things:
a) You got to pay for the parking space in either a multistory car-park or pay-and-display.
b) You can park for free, but only for an hour or two... And it's in a completely obscure and out-of-reach area from the center.

(Yeah I got a ticket - And it was totally my own fault. But it's incredibly hard to find a good parking space and not have to fork out money for it. Guess bus is best for long-term meetings and such.)
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Act One on 2014 May 16, 15:18:14
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 16, 07:47:10

Yep, us crazy britz will use radio to do some crazy stuff... Wait... She didn't just try to call us back for our accent, did she? A lot of people are a sucka for that kind of link. (Not a bad thing, just I think some of us would do the same for Texans or generally anyone from the States or other countries.)

I still don't understand why we love UK accents so much. o_O Mainly English, but Scottish and Irish can be really charming too. It's like some kind of spell. Even I fall for it.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 16, 16:07:12
I still don't understand why we love UK accents so much. o_O Mainly English, but Scottish and Irish can be really charming too. It's like some kind of spell. Even I fall for it.

We may never know what form of sorcery they have enchanted their acoustics with.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Act One

Well don't expect that kind of magic from me... mine's a broken accent, not relating to anything of local or national inheritance... It's awesome! :D
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Midnight Breeze

The sheer hypocrisy of the 'YOLO' rubbish. If you only live once then why would you want to screw up the only life you had doing stupid things?

"Go ahead, pee on the third rail! YOLO!"

John Pone

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 May 16, 16:12:32
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 16, 16:07:12

We may never know what form of sorcery they have enchanted their acoustics with.

Dont ask us how we do it

we dont know how we do it

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 16, 17:24:01
The sheer hypocrisy of the 'YOLO' rubbish. If you only live once then why would you want to screw up the only life you had doing stupid things?

"Go ahead, pee on the third rail! YOLO!"

I think the "point" of YOLO is "You only live once, so if you think of something that you really really wanna do, no matter how stupid or dangerous, then DO IT! DO IT RIGHT NOW because once you're older and almost out of life, you won't be able to do it anymore!"

Basically, it's carpe diem for stupid people.

Randam Saiko

Gum under the tables. I don't understand why they would stick it under there when there is a trash can in the room.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

LunarDusk

I agree,whats the deal with that...how lazy.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 May 16, 19:08:48
Gum under the tables. I don't understand why they would stick it under there when there is a trash can in the room.

I don't understand why people even chew gum. The idea of chewing on what is essentially a wad of my own spit just isn't appealing to me. Mo chagren, sha.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 16, 19:12:47
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 May 16, 19:08:48

I don't understand why people even chew gum. The idea of chewing on what is essentially a wad of my own spit just isn't appealing to me. Mo chagren, sha.

I usually chew gum until the flavor runs out. Plus, some dentists tell people that if they chew sugar-free gum after meals, it picks up some of the stuff on their teeth. I'm assuming this works with gum that has sugar in it, but that would leave sugar on your teeth.
Anywho... the most desirable gum, to me, is 5 Gum Rain. Mmmm, spearmint...

Gum under tables and desks really is annoying, though. In school, I was always afraid to ever touch the bottom of my desk or table.

Go Up