Weird Dream Thread

Started by Crystal Chaos, 2012 Jun 29, 21:26:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 25, 22:21:00
Quote from: Cryoid on 2012 Jul 25, 22:16:46
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 25, 20:11:30
I was having a horribly difficult time sleeping last night. I kept having a hard time falling asleep, and when I would sleep, it'd be a light sleep, so any repeated noise woke me up.

I managed to have a dream where other people were having trouble sleeping too, and they kept waking up. I told them they couldn't sleep because they had their traumas and troubling thoughts on their minds, and if they managed to get through their problems, they'd sleep better.

One weird thing was that we were all in some kind of facility or something, all strapped into open pods or something. It was kinda dark. The walls and pods were darkly colored, black maybe. And the walls were curved, like the giant room we were in was kind of almost spherical, but in more of an oval shape than a circle. It was more likely an egg shape.

This was all in first-person point of view. I think the only reason I remember it so well is because, when I woke up, I stayed laying in bed and thought about it, went over it in my mind, and visualized it in my mind. Like Lurk said.

You don't happen to be... Krogan, do you?

Krogan? o.O

From Mass Effect

I dunno if before sleep counts, but I had a pre-sleep thought where Queen Chrysalis teleported into my room horribly injured, and she tried replacing me. My family was away for a week in this thought by the way. After stopping her bite with my arm (she still got that arm) and using my other hand to keep her mouth open, I yanked her onto the bed and held her down until she let go of my arm. Then I got her to stop trying to attack me, and brought her down the stairs so I could bandage my arm, then took her down to the old computer room (a bed is now in there)
After clearing it off she got on and I asked her about herself, as I am that kind of person. So she began telling me her life story as I petted her, she literally shrank herself down to about half my height (normally she was twice mine) and I listened.
Eventually, after the night had passed and the sun started coming up (of course I skipped the huge thing as I don't know anything about her) we got the the part with the invasion and she broke down crying. I comforted her, let her stay with me until she recovered, and showed her tons of stuff like technology, the show (her reaction was amused), and near the very end of it, when I finally felt myself starting to sleep, she was about to shapeshift into a human female (nice looking at that) and go out to see what society was like, with me of course so she'd be out of trouble.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Hmm, well, I've never played any of the Mass Effect games. So, I don't know how it relates to the dream I had.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Cryoid

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 25, 23:30:35
Hmm, well, I've never played any of the Mass Effect games. So, I don't know how it relates to the dream I had.

Well in the first Mass Effect, Saren (The bad guy) was trying to cure the Krogan of a genetic modification brought on by the Salarians which allows only 1 in 1000 pregnancies to be fertile.  They were growing the Krogan in tanks.  Um... Yeah I'm not sure how well that explains it but you said "Tanks" and "Clear" and "Dark"... and I thought of Grunt the Krogan in the second Mass effect who was grown in a tank with no sleep rather just kind of stasis in which memories were implanted into his brain.

just me being me I guess   X3

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 26, 07:44:35 #163 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 26, 07:46:36 by Chishio Kunrin
Sometimes, my brain will reuse a place it came up with in a dream I had before. It's like it just comes up with a place for a dream to take place in, and then later on, it'll reuse that same place for a different dream. I think the place it has reused the most is the weird Walmart it made.

Yeah, my brain made up a really weird Walmart to reuse as a setting for my dreams. That Walmart has an aisle for gigantic rugs, and there's a weird-looking pet store, and... stuff like that. I dunno. My brain usually puts strange things that you wouldn't find in a normal Walmart, and the layout is kind of odd for a Walmart.
(If any of you don't know what Walmart is, it's pretty much one of those superstores people go to mostly for grocery shopping, but they also have clothes, toys, camping supplies, and an electronic section for TVs, video games, movies, iPods, laptops, etc.)

I kind of wonder if my brain will reuse that egg chamber from the last dream I had. Y'know, the one where people were strapped into pods that didn't seem to be closed, and I was strapped in a pod too, and everyone had trouble sleeping.

It's a pretty interesting setting that my brain came up with. I kind of hope to see it again. Maybe I'll find out more about it if my brain reuses it for another dream.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 26, 07:44:35
Sometimes, my brain will reuse a place it came up with in a dream I had before. It's like it just comes up with a place for a dream to take place in, and then later on, it'll reuse that same place for a different dream. I think the place it has reused the most is the weird Walmart it made.

I've never had the same setting in a dream more than once, other than this one dream that was literally an exact replica of one before it.
:|

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Iodine

I have super hero/villain dreams. Sometimes Batman are in them!

Like one I had last month. I was a super villain who happened to be a college student but he was failing classes. He had black hair and glasses, and wore professional "office" clothes. He started terrorizing students by luring them into the woods and them doing weird scary psychological stuff kinda like Scarecrow. Then Batman tried to stop me and started impersonating him.

Kind of a creepy coincidence to find out about the Colorado shooter being a college drop out and showing up at a Batman movie.  :I

Chishio Kunrin

I had a dream I was being creeped on by Snape from the Harry Potter series, and I had to find a special necklace he was looking for, to get him to stop. :I It was a very unpleasant dream, very creepy.

Lord of Madness

I guess thinking about dreaming is making me dream now... anyway I dreamed I was walking down a brout hallway when a man that was a giant was right on the over side sticking out is the wall a bit. When I got close he leaped to kiss ma forehead. I the. Suddenly woke up... Odd

Zaner-Boy

I had a dream that everypony was listing the things they didn't like about eachother in the 'Dumb things that annoy you' thread.

...that's just sad...

Chishio Kunrin

Man, I don't dream very often anymore. It kinda sucks. Dreams are entertaining.

I once had a dream I was in some house, though, and my parents and their friends and the friends' kids were there. I was hanging out with a friend in the kitchen, while my parents' friends' younger children were running around hyper. I hit a button, and both of the doorways for the kitchen were filled with a force field. lol I locked the kids out so I wouldn't have to deal with them!

Chack

I'll share a couple more dreams.  :D Not quite as long as the last two cause I don't remember most of them.  DD:

Hercules (Disney version) was on a quest to get to the top of an erupting volcano. There were some other odd characters with him, but I can't seem to remember what they were... Anyway, Hercules then met a giant ogre at the base of the volcano. He pulled out a green lightsaber and began an epic battle with it. That was all, though...

This one is a tad more serious.
There was a young boy with white hair who wandered away from his underground paradise home city. He always carried a small basket with him. He met a girl about the same age as him, and she traveled with him. He went from city to city trying to get back home. He asked countless people about his home, but nobody seemed to know about it. He got to a house in the middle of nowhere. He stopped there, and the man that lived in this house took him and the girl in. The boy asked the man if he knew anything about his home. The man's eyes widened, then he shook his head in remorse. He told the boy that the underground paradise that he lived in was destroyed, and there were no survivors. The boy was the only thing  left of this city. That's all I can remember.
Wait for it...

lurk852

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Jul 28, 09:47:16
I had a dream that everypony was listing the things they didn't like about eachother in the 'Dumb things that annoy you' thread.

...that's just sad...

That's both realistic and vaguely hilarious.

Quote from: Chack on 2012 Jul 28, 12:37:31
I'll share a couple more dreams.  :D Not quite as long as the last two cause I don't remember most of them.  DD:

Hercules (Disney version) was on a quest to get to the top of an erupting volcano. There were some other odd characters with him, but I can't seem to remember what they were... Anyway, Hercules then met a giant ogre at the base of the volcano. He pulled out a green lightsaber and began an epic battle with it. That was all, though...

This one is a tad more serious.
There was a young boy with white hair who wandered away from his underground paradise home city. He always carried a small basket with him. He met a girl about the same age as him, and she traveled with him. He went from city to city trying to get back home. He asked countless people about his home, but nobody seemed to know about it. He got to a house in the middle of nowhere. He stopped there, and the man that lived in this house took him and the girl in. The boy asked the man if he knew anything about his home. The man's eyes widened, then he shook his head in remorse. He told the boy that the underground paradise that he lived in was destroyed, and there were no survivors. The boy was the only thing  left of this city. That's all I can remember.

Pretty cool. Dreams with involved storylines are always fun, particularly if they're coherent.

I had a dream last night that a character from an anime I watched recently mind-controlled Aragorn to fight against Gandalf, and then the two of them turned into giant monsters. I haven't even read/seen LotR in ages; the only thing I can think of that might have set that off is reading about LOTRO recently.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

So. I was in some kind of castle that was like a mix between medieval and futuristic. Lightning struck a strip of plastic, making it start glowing white, and people called it a key and told me to take it to the king. So I ran off to do so and ended up in a room where there was another person, and Sora from Kingdom Hearts was hanging from some metal bicycle thing and had been brought back to life. The person and I helped him down, and I noticed that his shirt had symbols for the flags of the four cities on GaiaOnline.

I moved on and walked up some stairs, into a hall, and ran into Tamaki from Deadman Wonderland. There were two people with him, who seemed like guards. He's a sneaky guy, but apparently, my character in my dream didn't know that. After talking a bit, I resumed down the hall. There was something about a fridge that wouldn't close, so I gave up on that and continued my little journey.

I got to the king's control room, and Tamaki was there with the king. I decided I wanted to do something else before I turned the key in, so I went outside and sneaked into a dungeon kinda place. But there were these demon things walking around, so I pulled a bow out of nowhere and started shooting them like in Skyrim. Once they were all dead, this guy wielding a battleaxe came running over out of nowhere, so I panicked and started shooting him. He told me not to kill him and I realized he was the prince. He said he's a werewolf and he goes down there to feed, so I told him I was a werewolf too.

I decided to leave the dungeon through the entrance to the castle, but these guards started using magic and trying to kill me. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to go down there, and I knew too much from what I'd seen in there. So... I suddenly appeared back in the king's control room like I had reloaded my last save before I went to the dungeon. I gave the king the key, he said it'd be a lot of help, and then I woke up. Considering Tamaki's presence there, I wonder if I did the right thing.

Cryoid

Three Quarians stood in a semi-circle mourning the death of their friend.  The fourth, the one that completed them who had recently passed.   A female (She had a voice similar to Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect but she was never named) asks the other two if they knew of any rituals that Quarians did in the old days to seal the passing of a dear friend.  The leader (Who I assume was me because I saw it trough his eyes then again from a 3rd person watching it like a movie) said he believed there was no such thing that old Quarians did.  The female approached the memorial they stood in front of and placed a small holographic projector from which spawned an image of their friend.  She spoke to this image "My dear friend,"  she began "We three Quarians stand before you to mourn your passing.  Though we know not what to expect we hope the paradise to which you're sent is beautiful and giving." 

This is all I remember,  I woke up and scribbled as much down as I could on a piece of graph paper. This is what i can make out of my very crappy handwriting!

Firefly

omg I wish i had dreams like that XD  :3 :3
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Johannes

I've probably told these. I'm not sure if in this thread.

Dream #1: The first dream that had ponies
Trollestia.
Spoiler: I saw this picture • show

Dream #2: The third dream that had ponies. First time when they weren't just pictures.
The beginning was pretty similar to ending of Return of Harmony pt2. Except Celestia was walking with Mane 6. And music from Star Wars!
Suddenly the glass celiling breaks into small crystals. Then the crystals are LEGOS! I take some legos and start building figures that I'm going to give to mane 6 so they would remember me (Did I knew I was going to wake up?). After I've taken 7th brick (It was gray brick), I start thinking (It's a secret.) and then I wake up.

Dream #3: Random war dream.
My brothers and I were soldiers. We are walking in forst road and find some weapons from ground.
Then I notice we're near my home. Then we have to fight against a tank that shoot smoke shells.
Then I shoot somebody and then I see a magazine where is picture of us and the headline was something about Germany have to give a T. Rex to Russia.
Oh, and there was a lot of slow motions in that dream.

Lord of Madness

Almost all my dreams so far have been like... really REALLY weird nightmares...

lurk852

I had a dream that I was in some sort of grim post-apocalyptic video game environment. There were these teleporter pads with little computer terminals sprinkled around the area; for each one, I had to guess the password to make it take me to the next one. The last one would take me to someone I was trying to save, and I was kind of rushing because I didn't have much time.

So I got to the final teleporter, which had a note that it would take me to whatever place I wanted; the catch was that I didn't remember where exactly my goal was. I recalled out that it was somewhere far away from Earth, and I knew the letters "c", "r", and "u", were in it. So I guessed Arcturus, and was teleported there; in my final moments, I realized that the correct answer was Mercury, and then I died. In retrospect, I'm kind of ticked off at myself for making a stupid guess like that. You can't even land on a star...

lurk852

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 31, 15:16:06
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 31, 14:48:03
I had a dream that I was in some sort of grim post-apocalyptic video game environment. There were these teleporter pads with little computer terminals sprinkled around the area; for each one, I had to guess the password to make it take me to the next one. The last one would take me to someone I was trying to save, and I was kind of rushing because I didn't have much time.

So I got to the final teleporter, which had a note that it would take me to whatever place I wanted; the catch was that I didn't remember where exactly my goal was. I recalled out that it was somewhere far away from Earth, and I knew the letters "c", "r", and "u", were in it. So I guessed Arcturus, and was teleported there; in my final moments, I realized that the correct answer was Mercury, and then I died. In retrospect, I'm kind of ticked off at myself for making a stupid guess like that. You can't even land on a star...
Well that just sounds... weird.

Well, this is the Weird Dream Thread.  :]

Chishio Kunrin

I just had a weird dream! I and a bunch of other people were trying to escape some big dark abandoned building, but there was some kind of evil organization company that didn't want us to escape. We managed to find our way through, hack through doors, and stuff like that. In the final room, we found these weird husky dogs. One was black-and-white like normal, one was white, and one was lime green and white. I took photos, but the photos came out showing brown scruffy dogs instead, so I gave up.

So, we managed to get the final door open, and off in the distance, news reporters were reporting about something else. This guy who was with us used to be in the news business but the news reporters thought he was crazy. The whole time, he had been recording what was happening to us on a video camera, so he ran over there to try to get them to report it.

The rest of us went on to some kind of weird motel kind of place that didn't seem much like a motel. It was kind of secretive. We had to check in through a door. We got settled in to hide for a while, and after I finished unpacking, I met someone. Lord of Madness, from this very forum, in his real life form, not his character.

Madness and his friend showed me that they invented liquid chaos, and they were storing it in their hair. :P They showed me how it worked, and it was pretty cool. But then the evil organization company people had someone kill Madness's friend. :'( Madness absorbed all the liquid chaos he had, started floating in the air, and vowed he'd take revenge.

And then I woke up because my city started testing the tornado sirens.

Go Up