Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

I used to browse dA with my niece and nephew, but only the artists I follow because it's all safe ponies for the most part.....but a couple of the artists I followed have started making....questionable contect forcing my to stop following them....that annoys me.

Now I have a pony folder on my computer we'll sit and look through.  It's actually pretty cute flipping through the pics and listening to my 7yo nephew and 6yo niece naming off the ponies that come up(My friends on whatsapp can vouch for that!)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 13, 22:48:12
I used to browse dA with my niece and nephew, but only the artists I follow because it's all safe ponies for the most part.....but a couple of the artists I followed have started making....questionable contect forcing my to stop following them....that annoys me.

Now I have a pony folder on my computer we'll sit and look through.  It's actually pretty cute flipping through the pics and listening to my 7yo nephew and 6yo niece naming off the ponies that come up(My friends on whatsapp can vouch for that!)

I was looking at pony pictures on Deviantart one day, when my mom had me work on dinner. I turned around to see the kid I was showing pony pics to clicking through random pony pics (the den, where my computer is, is technically the same room as the kitchen). :c I got more and more nervous, but my mom wouldn't let me leave the kitchen. It was pure, beautiful luck that she didn't run into anything bad.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ryo_D_Disk

my Iphones battery life seriouly its insulting how bad it is currently ok fine I did not charge it last night it was at 96% fine when I woke up it was 90% meh I can deal with that its been 4 hours and its now 40% just just what I havent even been using it that much what checking an email using skype woo big spend on that there resourses, my old Iphone 3g lasted twice as long and that had bad battery life to begin with, seriouly apple develop better batterys this is not ammusing

MrEmu

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 May 14, 06:47:56
my Iphones battery life seriouly its insulting how bad it is currently ok fine I did not charge it last night it was at 96% fine when I woke up it was 90% meh I can deal with that its been 4 hours and its now 40% just just what I havent even been using it that much what checking an email using skype woo big spend on that there resourses, my old Iphone 3g lasted twice as long and that had bad battery life to begin with, seriouly apple develop better batterys this is not ammusing
This will sound stupid, but put the battery in the fridge and it should help it I THINK...read up on it first, I don't want to kill your phone...

A dumb thing that annoys me is having your AC brake in the middle of 85 degree weather... ono *sigh*

Ramisha

My dad. He's so ANNOYING. He just repeats everything a thousand times and talks during movies and stuff. On Monday he asked me when I'll go to sleep every 5 minutes  >:O and it was NOON HOW AM I SUPPOSED TOKNOW when I'll go sleep

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 14, 08:21:28
My dad. He's so ANNOYING. He just repeats everything a thousand times and talks during movies and stuff. On Monday he asked me when I'll go to sleep every 5 minutes  >:O and it was NOON HOW AM I SUPPOSED TOKNOW when I'll go sleep

Whoa, sounds like my dad.
Anytime he has me or my brother do anything he'll repeat himself at least two dozen times.
"No no son, put your hand here, yeah right there. Don't put it anywhere else, just right here.  Don't put it on the top, don't put it on the sides, put it-" DAD, I GET IT...Mrgrgrr...

I'm not even exaggerating with this, at one point while my brother was driving his car (Dad and I were in the seats behind him) dad just wouldn't stop talking about the turning lane we JUST USED.  He was still going on about that turning lane 15 minutes later,  15 FREAKIN MINUTES.
*Sigh*...Remember your breathing exercises...

I really don't have a right to complain, he's taken care of the family for my entire life and longer.  ...But it's so obnoxious...
<br />

Pipkin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 14, 07:13:08
Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 May 14, 06:47:56
This will sound stupid, but put the battery in the fridge and it should help it I THINK...read up on it first, I don't want to kill your phone...

A dumb thing that annoys me is having your AC brake in the middle of 85 degree weather... ono *sigh*

Both of these things happen to me

My phone charges at night, and will die by 5pm on my off days, and 8pm on my working days......between 6 and 10pm is when I actually use my phone....

Also, yesterday Ontario reached 86°F feeling like 99°F and the AC in my truck stopped working.......and I dont have AC at all in my apartment

MrEmu

Spoiler: reply to Dad stuff • show
Spoiler: show
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 May 14, 11:25:31
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 14, 08:21:28

Whoa, sounds like my dad.
Anytime he has me or my brother do anything he'll repeat himself at least two dozen times.
"No no son, put your hand here, yeah right there. Don't put it anywhere else, just right here.  Don't put it on the top, don't put it on the sides, put it-" DAD, I GET IT...Mrgrgrr...

I'm not even exaggerating with this, at one point while my brother was driving his car (Dad and I were in the seats behind him) dad just wouldn't stop talking about the turning lane we JUST USED.  He was still going on about that turning lane 15 minutes later,  15 FREAKIN MINUTES.
*Sigh*...Remember your breathing exercises...

I really don't have a right to complain, he's taken care of the family for my entire life and longer.  ...But it's so obnoxious...
My Dad did the same thing, But I found that usually they just want to spend time with you and teach you things, my Dad had me paint a WHOLE room once, basically was nothing BUT the "No no no, do it like THIS, not like THAT like THIS" stuff but once I understood why he did it I felt like a cad for giving him such a hard time with complaining and such...lol

a Dumb thing that annoys me is...getting the AC working!....but finding out the room you sleep has no AC vents and is on the top floor is it gets all the heat... DD:
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 14, 17:46:01
Also, yesterday Ontario reached 86°F feeling like 99°F and the AC in my truck stopped working.......and I dont have AC at all in my apartment
At least I have it in the other rooms though... *sigh* :s

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 14, 17:46:01

Wow, and it's dropped to the 50s down here on the gulf.

You heard it here first: The Earth's polarity has been reversed.

BlazeyE

That the state with the greatest tendency to catch fire is also the leading state in cutting it's fire department budget.

GG, California. Why I'm staying in Texas.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Midnight Breeze

I went to my hospital's health fair today. Amongst the test was an area for spinal health, and my mom has scoliosis so I figured it would be a good idea to get checked out.

When I get up to the testing area the tech took a couple of scifi-esque electrodes up to my neck and then showed me her 'findings' on the computer.

Tech: Okay, look here. White is normal, green is high, red is severe, and black is off the charts. As you can see hear, the nerves stemming from this high-stress area are connected to your eyes, ears, sinuses, and throat. Soar throat, scratchy throught, running nose, blurred vision, earache, sinus infection, blah, blah, blah, could all be signs of misalignment.

Me: Okay, and tell me, is this process endorsed by mainstream science?

Tech:.............yes.  >:/

Me: Very well, then.  :/

Chiropractic? Are you kidding me? I thought 'spinal health' meant they were going to test my posture, not try to tell me that popping my bones will magically make me immune to all ailments! Call me crazy, but I don't see sinus infection as a sign that your neck is misaligned, I see at as a sign that YOUR FREAKING SINUSES ARE INFECTED!!!

And people wonder why nobody takes our hospital seriously. To allow chiropractic nonsense into our health fair under the guise of 'spinal health' is bologna.

Tech: Okay, you seem like you could benefit from treatment. If you like, I could schedule you for a full appointment at Trinity Chiropractic Clinic. There, we can do a full X-ray, test your high stress areas, and begin continual chiropractic treatment so you can achieve optimal bodywide health!

Me: No thanks.  :/

If I wanted to pay for a glorified placebo I'd visit a faith healer. You know how I feel about pseudoscience.

On the bright side, I have perfect hearing, perfect lung health, and perfect vital signs. Just need to wait for my lab work to come in. I fear I may have high cholesterol.  >.<

GoldenTerrabyte

Slow internet, and getting slower. My brother was just recently talking about why everyone's having this happen to them, some political thing. Maybe someone else here knows what he was talking about.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 15, 11:25:25
Slow internet, and getting slower. My brother was just recently talking about why everyone's having this happen to them, some political thing. Maybe someone else here knows what he was talking about.

It's a net neutrality issue. Congress, in their infinite wisdom, recently overturned the their 2010 law that designated internet service providers as common carriers. What that means is that internet service providers now have to power to essentially bully high-traffic sites and companies into paying them as much as they want. If they don't comply, then the ISPs slow down the connection to them.

This video will make things clearer:

Glad I use Suddenlink. They're against the revision.

Chromastone64

I don't think it's that with me, but my computer is lagging to Tartarus all of a sudden. Sometimes takes me ages just to write a reply on these forums.  :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

PrincessButton

I'm going to become dependent on caffeine with my new job. Ughh.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 15, 11:31:32
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 15, 11:25:25

It's a net neutrality issue. Congress, in their infinite wisdom, recently overturned the their 2010 law that designated internet service providers as common carriers. What that means is that internet service providers now have to power to essentially bully high-traffic sites and companies into paying them as much as they want. If they don't comply, then the ISPs slow down the connection to them.

This video will make things clearer:

Spoiler: Youtube Video, spoilered to prevent loading problems from loading two videos at once on the same screen. And this is way too long a spoiler. • show

Glad I use Suddenlink. They're against the revision.
Knew you'd be the one who could explain it all.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 May 15, 10:57:14
That the state with the greatest tendency to catch fire is also the leading state in cutting it's fire department budget.

GG, California. Why I'm staying in Texas.

It's like when the high school in my town that has the biggest problem with violence cut their security. That ended horribly. It ended with the school locked down, featured on the news, the school day ending early, and parents becoming furious.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 15, 11:15:34
Spoiler: show
I went to my hospital's health fair today. Amongst the test was an area for spinal health, and my mom has scoliosis so I figured it would be a good idea to get checked out.

When I get up to the testing area the tech took a couple of scifi-esque electrodes up to my neck and then showed me her 'findings' on the computer.

Tech: Okay, look here. White is normal, green is high, red is severe, and black is off the charts. As you can see hear, the nerves stemming from this high-stress area are connected to your eyes, ears, sinuses, and throat. Soar throat, scratchy throught, running nose, blurred vision, earache, sinus infection, blah, blah, blah, could all be signs of misalignment.

Me: Okay, and tell me, is this process endorsed by mainstream science?

Tech:.............yes.  >:/

Me: Very well, then.  :/

Chiropractic? Are you kidding me? I thought 'spinal health' meant they were going to test my posture, not try to tell me that popping my bones will magically make me immune to all ailments! Call me crazy, but I don't see sinus infection as a sign that your neck is misaligned, I see at as a sign that YOUR FREAKING SINUSES ARE INFECTED!!!

And people wonder why nobody takes our hospital seriously. To allow chiropractic nonsense into our health fair under the guise of 'spinal health' is bologna.

Tech: Okay, you seem like you could benefit from treatment. If you like, I could schedule you for a full appointment at Trinity Chiropractic Clinic. There, we can do a full X-ray, test your high stress areas, and begin continual chiropractic treatment so you can achieve optimal bodywide health!

Me: No thanks.  :/

If I wanted to pay for a glorified placebo I'd visit a faith healer. You know how I feel about pseudoscience.

On the bright side, I have perfect hearing, perfect lung health, and perfect vital signs. Just need to wait for my lab work to come in. I fear I may have high cholesterol.  >.<

My mom was sent to a chiropractor for her back when I was younger, and the employees there decided to rope me into treatment. They claimed that the reason my left leg was turned inward was because of my hip which was because of my back. My leg ended up straightening itself out when my arthritis went into remission, so guess who was wrong. My mom realized they were quacks, and we stopped going there. Ever since being treated there, occasionally my lower back or some of my toes will pop.

Pipkin

Quote from: Button on 2014 May 15, 12:35:34

.......wait, too much coffee is a bad thing?

On another note, any other team members gonna be changing their names because they can?  Seems to be a thing you guys like to be doing alot....

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 15, 20:22:54

Caffeine addiction is a bad thing. Wait, who am I to talk? I refuse to put in any effort to quit. o_O

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 15, 20:54:52
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 15, 20:22:54

Caffeine addiction is a bad thing. Wait, who am I to talk? I refuse to put in any effort to quit. o_O
I drink so much tea I might get a caffeine addiction....I hope not :s

Go Up