What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Started by FanofRainbowDash, 2013 Aug 19, 10:59:32

previous topic - next topic

What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Pegasus
Unicorn
Earth Pony
Alicorn
Zebra (even though it's not a pony)
Changelings (not a pony either)
Omniequus (Can't decide? Pick them ALL!)
Go Down

Luminescence

Point the way so I can flummox them with my logic! So I can apply reason to their madness! So I can unveil their arguments flaws! So I can- actually, I'll just try to reason with them.

Regardless, to the topic-ho!
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Night Pony

Eh, don't bother. They're long buried or something.
Also in relation people assume if they make alicorns in LoE everyone will play them.  :l

Okay enough of derailing. Stopping now.  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

MrSpyro

Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

dynamite

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 06, 17:10:16
I want everyone to be like you guys when talking about alicorns and not just go "Alicorns are OP!  DD:"  and etc.

It wouldn't make sense to make them balanced because it doesn't match the lore but you can't make them stronger than other ponies either because that's not fair. I got a specific question for you Night Pony, why do you want alicorns to be playable? Is it so you can have horn and wings? Or is it that you want more power than other ponies?

Night Pony

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Feb 07, 06:11:46
It wouldn't make sense to make them balanced because it doesn't match the lore but you can't make them stronger than other ponies either because that's not fair. I got a specific question for you Night Pony, why do you want alicorns to be playable? Is it so you can have horn and wings? Or is it that you want more power than other ponies?

What lore are we talking about here?  :/

I want to play as my O.C. , simple.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 07, 06:20:28

One thing that annoys me is that people automatically mark alicorns as OP or Godmode, even if the character IS well balanced. They could be ten times weaker than canon alicorns people would call them OP. Yet they seem to be perfectly allowed to have TRULY OP OCs as long as they aren't an alicorn, and that bugs me.
I'm back

Night Pony

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 07, 06:37:58
One thing that annoys me is that people automatically mark alicorns as OP or Godmode, even if the character IS well balanced. They could be ten times weaker than canon alicorns people would call them OP. Yet they seem to be perfectly allowed to have TRULY OP OCs as long as they aren't an alicorn, and that bugs me.

So this. I think we should move it to 'Dumb things that annoys you'. lol

dynamite

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 07, 06:37:58
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 07, 06:20:28

Overpowered OCs that are used as a center piece in a story does make sense regardless of race, and not as a main character. Used as a villain for that timing and place it would make even more sense. But once again we're talking about what we like to write about not something to be put into a game as playable characters to be enjoyed and with equal opportunities for all races with good sportsmanship. Sure they can put a depowered alicorn in the game but yeah that doesn't seem like MLP anymore. Because...

1. Alicorns are supposed to be more powerful than other ponies
2. Alicorns is an exclusive race and a center piece for stories

It's like playing Majora's Mask and saying I want to play as one of those giants trying to stop the moon... just because I made an OC on one.

And Night Pony why did you make your OC an alicorn?

Night Pony

So according to you, alicorns are incapable of learning, improving, and growing as a characters. From foals they are capable of splitting the heavens open at the mere blink of an eye?  o.O The fact that they are supposed to be doesn't mean they have to or need to be. Every unicorn could be more powerful than they are currently, every pegasus can be better and faster in flying but they don't do it.

I love hybrids.

perryunicornboy

I go with unicorn mostly because I loved them Pre any MLP but actually my favorite MLP pony isn't in FiM yet and its Flutterponies and frankly they need to be added. The Breezies are not Flutterponies!!!
Alicorn prince before it was cool.

GanjaGuru

I like zebra's.. though Zecora is the only one I know of hehe..

I imagine that unlike the farming Earth Ponies, Zebra's must be more of the 'hunter gatherer' type. I also imagine that they partake of the herb maan. So sorta like native Americans just with stripes and hooves.
"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://guinn1190.deviantart.com/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DemonoidPony/

Tabbyte

Act One

On the whole Alicorn = playable subject, it depends on what the common-place or well-known status of the Alicorn lore. Some people will think all Alicorns are the same in everything. Some will say there is a difference between "natural" Alicorns and "ascended" Alicorns.

For example:
Celestia and Luna were born with the "Natural" body, with the spiritual and physical abilities growing and maturing during their lifespan and their exercising of their abilities in everyday life.
Twilight and Cadence are "ascended" from having a magic ceremony of sorts, having the abilities thrust onto their original body. Whereas the transformation may give their new body to hold the extra potential given by the ceremony and new-found status/anatomy, they wouldn't consciously or subconsciously know how to either cast magic, flap a wing or control how much power they put into a spell.

Also, does anyone know the aging or lifespan of a Natural Alicorn? And do those attributes also transfer to the Ascended Alicorns? In Cadence's case, I'm quite sure she'd aged a little bit from her ceremony, but if that was speculated by their mane length, Luna's short crop into the drifting mane would be quite confusing/problematic (especially in the flashback episode when her mane was at full length then too!). That, I am unsure how to measure, as I'm sure a lot of us would only speculate with without concrete proof.

If we want to play as Alicorns, I can see players becoming the Ascended varient, and then have to build/focus on a certain path (like other MMORPGs, you have the classes and then spend points in their attributes for a certain path). However, if the lore is commonplace that Ascended are almost identical to the Natural Alicorn, then they will be OTT and overpowered. Even if Celestia is immortal, but not invincible (yeah, you go Chrys!), they'd still be strong enough to wipe the floor with most of the monsters. But this is up-in-the-air.

Back to topic, honestly I would say unicorns are my favourite from a 3rd person perspective, as most can do most unique things with magic and with more ease, and (Like Princess Platinum) some can be entertainingly stuck-up (with Vinyl and more down-to-earth ponies being more open-minded).
But I'd stick to Earth Ponies. There's just something in the everyday struggles that builds necessary skill in any situation that attracts me to preferring them as I'd like to be.
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Zhai

i like unicorns more because with their magic they can drink from a glass, eat soup with a spoon, write a letter etc-  its like having hands :3

technically alicorns are better cause magic + wings. but there are just a few so i voted unicorns

but its funny that i use the pegasus the most at LoE but its because he's faster and if im lost i can fly higher and see where i am.

also my props to earth ponies because without magic nor wings they learned to build houses and to do lots of amazing things too  :]
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

StormHoof

Weee!! Alicorns are the best. Think about it, lying on a cloud while you summon some muffins (muffins!! woohoo :P) and make them dance to your mouth. AWESOME.
Fly with the winds of eternity.

Rissian

I picked them all since they're all pretty great. But I tend to like Earth Ponies slightly more than the other types.

Archaeopteryx Tipota

It all depends on what you mean by "best".

Best in terms of physical ability, mental ability, or just personal preference?
SHREK IS LOVE
SHREK IS LIFE
SHREK IS THE ALMIGHTY PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL THE PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL SHREK

MrSpyro

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 06, 19:47:32
Unicorns Ftw! X3 ;) :s

Now that I think about it, it's kind of ironic that that my main (I have 12) OC is a Pegasus but I like Unicorns.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Dream Bolt

Polls: Encouraging pony racism for four years and running.

Yes, I'm just being silly. But seriously, every pony is best. Except for Diamond Tiara.

FanofRainbowDash

Quote from: Dream Bolt on 2014 Apr 26, 17:33:38
Polls: Encouraging pony racism for four years and running.

Yes, I'm just being silly. But seriously, every pony is best. Except for Diamond Tiara.
What about Silver Spoon?

Go Up