Uploading Avatars Straight From Computer?

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2013 Jul 29, 10:43:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

If this was able to be done, changing avatars would be much more fast and easy, not to mention the fact that my current browser can't get the image links. I know it's a stupid excuse, but this is a feature that should be included anyway.
I'm back

Book Smarts

The forums used to have this feature, it was turned off to save space on the servers.

Whitewolf_Stormrunner

Speaking of avatars, what's the size allowed for them?  I'm having trouble uploading mine from my Photobucket account. ono

Help? o_o

McSleuthburger

I think the size is 115 x 115 pixels

as for your problems make sure you just have the direct link to the picture you want (it does not need the img tags)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Dark_Twilight

It is 125 x 125. Anything above will be scaled down

Tekner

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 29, 10:43:47
If this was able to be done, changing avatars would be much more fast and easy, not to mention the fact that my current browser can't get the image links. I know it's a stupid excuse, but this is a feature that should be included anyway.
Uploading images and having them be stored directly on our server would take up too much room and that is why that feature was removed, as was said. I'm sorry that you are having problems linking images, but that's the way it needs to be done. I would suggest that everyone use imgur instead of photobucket or another host.

There is no maximum image size (but they get shrunk to 125x125 when viewed on the forum), however, be aware that that shrinking is done on your browser, not by the forum when you set your profile image. So using a very large image lags anyone viewing your profile, or especially any thread page where you've posted multiple times, as each time your profile image is shown, the laggier it is.

GoldenTerrabyte

So that's why my pics are always... squished. The thing I use to draw my pictures(Colors 3D) can't do square pics. Only rectangles.
I'm back

Tiger

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Aug 01, 10:11:28
So that's why my pics are always... squished. The thing I use to draw my pictures(Colors 3D) can't do square pics. Only rectangles.

You can try cropping the pic into a square.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up