Most horrific things you've encountered in video games.

Started by Jenzy, 2013 Feb 04, 02:12:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

2014 May 28, 17:51:07 #140 Last Edit: 2014 May 28, 17:55:01 by Chromastone64
Ok, I'm not a big scare fan, so this'll most likely seem a bit tame, but...
Laughing Octopus.

If you've played MGS4, then you know what I mean. Plus the first time I fought her, I didn't know she could hide on the ceiling......she jumped me, I shouted, and I'm pretty sure I made my brother jump as well.
Should I mention the "Beauty" phase was even creepier?!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Zsaszz

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 May 28, 17:51:07
Laughing Octopus.

If you've played MGS4, then you know what I mean. Plus the first time I fought her, I didn't know she could hide on the ceiling......she jumped me, I shouted, and I'm pretty sure I made my brother jump as well.

When i was younger and was playing MGS for the first time, the one that scared me the most was Psycho Mantis, his voice, his attacks, the general atmosphere that he and the music gave, were a little creepy, and the little trick that u had to do to defeat him took me hours to figure it out
Spoiler: Psycho Mantis • show

Azro

The first time I played Super Paper Mario and encountered one of the bosses named "Mimi" then she turned into a giant spider and had no eyes while the rest of her lifeless body hung  her and made me hand the controller to my dad to do the level, nowadays I don't really have a problem with it now, but back then it made me jump out of my seat 
Oh yeah did I mention that her head spins 360 degrees!

Saethwr

The "Not Take Mirror!!" Scene from Twilight Princess.
First time I played it I jumped out of my chair.

hazardtime

Quite a few scenes from the first Bioshock still shock me to this day.  I would describe them, but I feel that the graphic nature of them would get me banned from the forums  :I  So yeah, if you've played Bioshock, you should know what I'm talking about  :]

Sea Foam

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

AaronMk

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2014 Jun 16, 20:28:11
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jun 15, 01:30:26

"I c u down ther m8."
"com an fite me irl."
"ill mess u up."
"#rekt"

"no fierce diety, link only, grassy field. 3 days."

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chromastone64

Oh...well, sorry, but the Moon's back and even more terrifying in Hyrule Warriors
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Julius

Purr~

-ReiMar-

The recent made game, Wolfenstein. Dat scene before the last Boss...ugh, Outlast wasn't as awful.
DD:

hazardtime

Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Jun 17, 11:56:03
The recent made game, Wolfenstein. Dat scene before the last Boss...ugh, Outlast wasn't as awful.
DD:

Yeah, Deathshead creeped me out good.

-ReiMar-

Quote from: hazardtime on 2014 Jun 17, 12:37:52
Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Jun 17, 11:56:03
DD:

Yeah, Deathshead creeped me out good.

Nice move though, Devs. Early choice that hit ya where it hurts most. ^^''
:]

Chromastone64

Okay, I haven't played this game, but I saw a playthrough of it. And I will say this:

Corpse Party.

The bad ending if you drain the swimming pool early.

THAT. IS. ALL.  ono

lozer35

a abandend soda factory in gta 4 i hated it alot
me,spectrum, splashy, and lightning are THE pegasus four !!

Neon Dubstep

Most horrific game....hmmm....

WHEN ME AND MY BESTIE PLAYED LUNA GAME. ;-;, I am scarred for life....she suggested it and we did, thinking it was harmless, then....first jumpscare. we nearly threw my computer across the room ;-;

Doomato

That moment in Bioshock Infinite when the Boy Of Silence done a jumpscare.

lozer35

actully probaly my most horrific enhttp://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.er was almost seeing a man get eaten on red dead redemption  :I
me,spectrum, splashy, and lightning are THE pegasus four !!

Zsaszz

Quote from: lozer35 on 2014 Aug 07, 23:20:41
actully probaly my most horrific enhttp://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.er was almost seeing a man get eaten on red dead redemption  :I

Ohh.. I remember that part now, I almost left without helping the guy but the remorse got me to save him.

For me one of the most horrific things was the Rope Priestess ghost in Project Zero 3. Many ghosts from that game were stuck im my head for weeks after I completed the game, but that one was really creepy.

Doomato

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 May 28, 20:52:27
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 May 28, 17:51:07
Laughing Octopus.

When i was younger and was playing MGS for the first time, the one that scared me the most was Psycho Mantis, his voice, his attacks, the general atmosphere that he and the music gave, were a little creepy, and the little trick that u had to do to defeat him took me hours to figure it out
Spoiler: Psycho Mantis • show

Wasn't he able to read your memory card to see what you were playing?

Go Up