Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 19, 23:35:49
I really need to brush up on my Spanish living here. I don't identify as Hispanic, but I have Iberian blood so I'm often mistaken as such. I live in a predominantly Hispanic area and I often have people walking up to me and trying to speak to me in Spanish. When I tell them I can't speak it, they give me the stink eye, like I'm a perpetrator or something. My aunt's father is Mexican and she gets the same in Los Angeles.
thats kinda like me when i'm here in the Philippines but instead of spanish they try speaking Tagalog and mostly when i'm sitting in a resturant
i think they want a chair most of the time but i could be wrong lol

Midnight Breeze

Okay guys, serious question: Does Texas have a sun??????

I swear I haven't seen it yet, it's been perpetually overcast since I got here 8 days ago.

cloudwilk

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 20, 13:19:26

I swear I haven't seen it yet, it's been perpetually overcast since I got here 8 days ago.
i been there once and i recall the sun over my head  :]

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, we have a sun. It's just that sometimes in the winter, we get overcast rather often. But once it rolls around to spring, the sun will start coming out. The sun will definitely be out in the summer, I can tell you that. o_o

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

DawnsEmbrace

OH JUST YOU WAIT.

YOU'LL GET SUN ALRIGHT.
<br />

Greyscaleisme

Getting sick on the first day of Winter break. :( >:(
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Little Star

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Dec 20, 20:21:19

Me. Too.

I have the flu and a pounding headache... This sucks...

Lync Volan

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Dec 21, 06:51:30

Me. Too.

i don't need to be sick to get a headache but its much worse that way
and besides i rather be sick in a cold environment instead of a summer time sweaty one ono

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 21, 07:06:55

Me. Too.

and besides i rather be sick in a cold environment instead of a summer time sweaty one ono

Speaking of summer sweaty times, I don't like those times much, I prefer the chillier times of year, you can dress up for cold weather but there's a limit of how much you can dress DOWN for warm weather.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chibalt on 2014 Dec 21, 11:15:15
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 21, 07:06:55

Me. Too.

Speaking of summer sweaty times, I don't like those times much, I prefer the chillier times of year, you can dress up for cold weather but there's a limit of how much you can dress DOWN for warm weather.
thats exactly what i want to say like my goodness i love dressing snugged up in warm outfits when its cold but not when its hot and i rather be dressed to be honest  >A<

Midnight Breeze

2014 Dec 21, 11:57:40 #14791 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 21, 11:59:46 by Midnight Breeze

Me. Too.

Always get vaccinated in the fall. I haven't had the flu in many years and I worked in a hospital for nearly 4 years.

I'm going to have to remember it from now on. We were required to be vaccinated at that job and they scheduled it for us...man I'm gonna forget, aren't I?

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've been sick with anything more than a cold in...forever. I average 1 cold a year, compared to the normal 3-4. And I'm always over it in 2-3 days. I had gastroenteritis once last year because of a local outbreak, but I don't think I've had it before then since I was a teenager. Good immune system, I suppose.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 21, 11:57:40

Me. Too.

Always get vaccinated in the fall. I haven't had the flu in many years and I worked in a hospital for nearly 4 years.

I'm going to have to remember it from now on. We were required to be vaccinated at that job and they scheduled it for us...man I'm gonna forget, aren't I?

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've been sick with anything more than a cold in...forever. I average 1 cold a year, compared to the normal 3-4. And I'm always over it in 2-3 days. I had gastroenteritis once last year because of a local outbreak, but I don't think I've had it before then since I was a teenager. Good immune system, I suppose.
i'll never forget the time i had to get 8/9 vaccines in 1 day
my arms where numb for 2 whole weeks and still felt funny afterwards :l

Midnight Breeze

So at the moment I have no plans on ever getting married or having children, and well, that kind of worries me. Everyone I know aspires to have a family, I'm the odd one out. Is it just immaturity that's making me feel like I don't want children? I'm at the prime age to start a family right now, the clock is ticking...

I'm just worried that when I'm 50 or 60; after my parents and much older sisters are gone, I'll get lonely and wish I had a family, but by then it will be too late. Give the rapid advancement in medicine I could very possibly live will past 100. That's a long time to be lonely...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 21, 14:07:53
So at the moment I have no plans on ever getting married or having children, and well, that kind of worries me. Everyone I know aspires to have a family, I'm the odd one out. Is it just immaturity that's making me feel like I don't want children? I'm at the prime age to start a family right now, the clock is ticking...

I'm just worried that when I'm 50 or 60; after my parents and much older sisters are gone, I'll get lonely and wish I had a family, but by then it will be too late. Give the rapid advancement in medicine I could very possibly live will past 100. That's a long time to be lonely...
i don't worry about that stuff thats what cousins and aunts are for i think :]

Midnight Breeze

It probably doesn't help that housing costs are so heavy skewed toward single family homes. I've always wanted to live in a downtown condo, but 1 bedroom condos downtown cost around the same as a 4 bedroom 3 bath HOUSE in a middle-class suburb, plus HOA fees...

Buying a house like that by myself would be freaky...all those empty bedrooms...

Little Star

Me. Too.

Vaccines only protect like 40%... Plus I'm deathly afraid of needles and shots to where they have to physically restrain me...

Chromastone64

My phone had this "update".
Now, if I lose connection to a server, instead of keeping YouTube videos buffered as far as it got while online, it just stops the whole thing and won't let me play it again untill we get out of the dead zone.
GREAT UPDATE, 3!!!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Dec 21, 22:23:47 #14798 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 21, 22:25:22 by DawnsEmbrace
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Dec 21, 17:46:21
Spoiler: show

Me. Too.

Vaccines only protect like 40%... Plus I'm deathly afraid of needles and shots to where they have to physically restrain me...

I feel your pain.
On the subject of needles, I once had to get my blood drawn.  I was 8 (I think) and it was the worst experience I had EVER had in my life up to that point.
So after what felt like 10 solid minutes of lady digging a needle into my arm, she finally told us to come back in a week and drink more water.

So after dreading it the whole week, I went back up to the place and we did it all, over, again.
The only good thing to come out of it was this little green brain replica they gave me to squeeze.  Through mutual pain, we bonded.  It became my favorite thing to carry around for a good 3 months.
If I remember correctly, I named it Jeffrey.
<br />

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Dec 21, 22:23:47
On the subject of needles, I once had to get my blood drawn.  I was 8 (I think) and it was the worst experience I had EVER had in my life up to that point.
So after what felt like 10 solid minutes of lady digging a needle into my arm, she finally told us to come back in a week and drink more water.

So after dreading it the whole week, I went back up to the place and we did it all, over, again.

I remember the last time I had my blood drawn.  Apparently my veins tend to roll, so they kept missing it.  I did get it done in one sitting thankfully, but thanks to said deathly fear of needles, I was not a happy child. 

Also, I recall a time when I'd braved going in for a shot I needed, perhaps the first time I'd said "let's just get this over with", and after letting me sweat in the waiting room maybe 10-15 minutes, the nurse came out and told me they didn't have the shot stocked and to come back the next week.  My mom understood my pain, but still laughed because it was kind of funny.  I assure you I wasn't laughing with her, at least for quite a few days...

Go Up