What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Started by FanofRainbowDash, 2013 Aug 19, 10:59:32

previous topic - next topic

What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Pegasus
Unicorn
Earth Pony
Alicorn
Zebra (even though it's not a pony)
Changelings (not a pony either)
Omniequus (Can't decide? Pick them ALL!)
Go Down

Verdant Tome

I'm predisposed to choose Earth Pony, just to stick it to those Pegasus supremacists. Of which many of my friends are.
More seriously, it's for their physical power and ability to grow food better than any other race. If it weren't for Earth Ponies, everypony would have been dead over 1,000 show years ago. Think about that, you winged jerks.

I acknowledge that every race plays its part. If Pegasi weren't such big jerks about their "superiority", I wouldn't be picking favorites, but, well, I think you can see that isn't possible.

Ramisha

Unicorns are racists, they only let their own in their school. May I add that the school is THE best one in all of Equestria...  :l
Pegasi are racists too. They think they're so aaaawesomeeee because they can flyyyy waaah wooow and they all think they're the fastest and best...
Earth ponies are nice and NORMAL. May I add, strongest and connected to the Earth... which is as everyone here knows the best element.

Asterian Starfall

2014 Feb 03, 17:26:29 #62 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 04, 10:43:39 by Asterian
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Feb 02, 07:56:58
Unicorns are racists, they only let their own in their school. May I add that the school is THE best one in all of Equestria...  :l
Pegasi are racists too. They think they're so aaaawesomeeee because they can flyyyy waaah wooow and they all think they're the fastest and best...
Earth ponies are nice and NORMAL. May I add, strongest and connected to the Earth... which is as everyone here knows the best element.

Not entirely. By the same logic, the world is sexist because we still have (wo)men-only penitentiaries.
Also, not to be negative, but your own statement about racism in the types of ponies tells a story.

Here's where I stand on superior races:

Unicorns may have an inert higher intelligence, but they are often weaker physically than either the Pegasi or Earth races.

Pegasi are your athletes. They are faster -- by far as demonstrated by Rainbow Dash -- than either of the races, but are built that way mainly by evolution. It is in their genes to be agile, but agile does not always mean tough.

Earth ponies are definitely the strongest physically, but that does not mean they are superior.

I would classify Zebras as something of a hybrid race between Unicorns and Earth ponies, wielding less physical strength in exchange for an affinity with magic; therefore, I would say that while being naturally more intelligent while being slightly weaker in physique would describe Zebras well.

Changelings, at least in my humble opinion, do not even count as ponies. They are shape-shifters, but they are generally weaker than any other pony races.

Alicorns seem to be the only elite, if any at all. Only four are known to exist, and all are princesses, but even then, I do not consider Alicorns to automatically be above others. Rather, I see the winged unicorns to be a symbol of their hierarchy in society as well as an outward display of enlightenment on the inside. Alicorns understand they are not above others; if they thought that, they would miss the point of ruling and they would not have earned their wings/horn.

My final standing: No race is superior, not even Alicorns. Every pony is just as important as the next, with no one of them truly over another. Society creates an illusion of power given to the Alicorns, but the princesses are benevolent. They know they do not deserve their "power," as does every great ruler that has lived.

To para-phrase Socrates: True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. I know I know nothing, which is why I am here before you telling my opinion.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Mayapple

Quote from: Asterian on 2014 Feb 03, 17:26:29

Not entirely. By the same logic, the world is sexist because we still have (wo)men-only penitentiaries.
Also, not to be negative, but your own statement about racism in the types of ponies tells a story.

Here's where I stand on superior races:
Unicorns may have an inert higher intelligence, but they are often weaker physically than either the Pegasi or Earth races.

Pegasi are your athletes. They are faster -- by far as demonstrated by Rainbow Dash -- than either of the races, but are built that way mainly by evolution. It is in their genes to be agile, but agile does not always mean tough.

Earth ponies are definitely the strongest physically, but that does not mean they are superior.

Alicorns seem to be the only elite, if any at all. Only four are known to exist, and all are princesses, but even then, I do not consider Alicorns to automatically be above others. Rather, I see the winged unicorns to be a symbol of their hierarchy in society as well as an outward display of enlightenment on the inside. Alicorns understand they are not above others; if they thought that, they would miss the point of ruling and they would not have earned their wings/horn.

My final standing: No race is superior, not even Alicorns. Every pony is just as important as the next, with no one of them truly over another. Society creates an illusion of power given to the Alicorns, but the princesses are benevolent. They know they do not deserve their "power," as does every great ruler that has lived.

To para-phrase Hippocrates: True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. I know I know nothing, which is why I am here before you telling my opinion.

You deserve a gold star; I like the reasoning you put behind your idea of a balanced scale between the four races.  I do, though, wish to question on why you never mentioned Zebras or Changelings in your scale of balance.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Mayapple on 2014 Feb 04, 09:35:44
You deserve a gold star; I like the reasoning you put behind your idea of a balanced scale between the four races.  I do, though, wish to question on why you never mentioned Zebras or Changelings in your scale of balance.

Because Changelings, by technicality, are not ponies. Zebras are not ponies either, but since you asked, allow me to grab your attention for a moment.

I would classify Zebras as something of a hybrid race between Unicorns and Earth ponies, wielding less physical strength in exchange for an affinity with magic; therefore, I would say that while being naturally more intelligent while being slightly weaker in physique would describe Zebras well.

Changelings, at least in my humble opinion, do not even count as ponies. They are shape-shifters, but they are generally weaker than any other pony races.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Ramisha

Earth ponies tend to be stupider than other races  >:/ they're also made for growing plants and managing animals but OOOOH everypony is too busy being enchanter earth ponies and other silly stuff so FLUTERSHY HAS TO TAKE CARE OF ANIMALS.  >:O y u do dis.
I hate earthponies even if they are so awesome.
I hate evrything
I want to punch everything

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Feb 04, 14:50:19
Earth ponies tend to be stupider than other races  >:/ they're also made for growing plants and managing animals but OOOOH everypony is too busy being enchanter earth ponies and other silly stuff so FLUTERSHY HAS TO TAKE CARE OF ANIMALS.  >:O y u do dis.
I hate earthponies even if they are so awesome.
I hate evrything
I want to punch everything

Given that you said yourself that Earth ponies are the only "non-racist race" and you're pretty upset that I valued them on the same level as ALICORNS, this says a lot.

Ramisha

they're not racists, OC creators are racists
Earth ponies can be racists too
just look at me

alexandas

Pegasus, at least in LoE
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

GoldenTerrabyte

None! Pegasi are my favorite, but they aren't better. All of them are equal, even alicorns. I'd even go so far as to say alicorns represent the equality between them, by showing that all the attributes of all three can be in one pony.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

numberponies56

I didn't steal any smileys from another thread :ajshifty: :-3 My OCs

Asterian Starfall

FanofRainbowDash

What about all of the races stuffed into one race?

Luminescence

I agree with Yellowpikmin and Asterian. None are superior. While I like Earthponies the best, I recognize the strengths and abilities of all of them.

Besides, wasn't this a "What's your favorite pony race?" thread, and not a "Which pony race is best?" Thread?
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Night Pony

I want everyone to be like you guys when talking about alicorns and not just go "Alicorns are OP!  DD:"  and etc.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2014 Feb 06, 16:45:40
What about all of the races stuffed into one race?
That is essentially what an Alicorn is. But as it's been said, they aren't "better", otherwise I don't think they'd be fit to rule.
I'm back

Luminescence

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 06, 17:10:16
I want everyone to be like you guys when talking about alicorns and not just go "Alicorns are OP!  DD:"  and etc.

The best way I like to think of it, is even though they are stronger in their unity of the races, they are bound by their own standards. Just because they might be able to fly faster than X Pegasus, doesn't mean that they should, would, or will. Same for the others.

Besides, If I wanted to say something was OP, I would provide valid reasoning, and listen to what others would say. Trying to state a opinion like a fact without support is just logically and argumentatively wrong.
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Night Pony

Quote from: Luminescence on 2014 Feb 06, 17:18:17
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 06, 17:10:16

The best way I like to think of it, is even though they are stronger in their unity of the races, they are bound by their own standards. Just because they might be able to fly faster than X Pegasus, doesn't mean that they should, would, or will. Same for the others.

Besides, If I wanted to say something was OP, I would provide valid reasoning, and listen to what others would say. Trying to state a opinion like a fact without support is just logically and argumentatively wrong.

You haven't read most Alicorn discussions then. lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up