previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cowman8883

2013 Feb 24, 18:51:27 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 26, 06:26:53 by cowman8883
Name: Joystick.
Sex: Male.
Species: Pegasus.
Coat Color: Blood Red.
Mane/Tail/Color & Style: Brownish/Dirty Blond, Shaggy style.
Eye Color: Brown/Hazel.
Cutie Mark: NES Controller.

Bio: Joystick used to live in Cloudsdale with his parents up till the age of 18 at which he moved out to manehattan. His parents owned a prank shop in Ponyville (where do you think pinkie gets her supplies). They named him joy buzzer because they believed his talent had to do with pranks but when the birth certificate was being sign they misspelled the name and wrote Joystick instead. They liked it so they kept. He moved to Manehattan at 18 because his favorite uncle lives there and also because manehatten is the most technological city in all of Equestria. He loved technology and all but his main thing is gaming, he plays any and every video game and is instantly a pro at them. One of his main reasons to live in manehattan (besides the tech) is the fact that he cant have technology up in Cloudsdale seeing as it would fall to the ground. Ever since he was a kid joystick dreamed of working in a place that involves tech, well now he actually works at a Gaming shop in Manehattan.

Cutie Mark Story:
Joystick loved electronics since he was little, but since he lived up in Cloudsdale he couldn't use any since it would fall off the sky. His favorite pass time was learning about Tech. and learning what ponies do with it. He also learned that the most technological city in all of Equestria was non-other than Manehatten. His uncle lived there and visited once in a while, but the one visit he remembers the most is the time his uncle gave him his first Video Game system. His uncle explained how it was called an NES and that he had a friend of his put a spell on it so it wouldn't fall out of the clouds. He was super happy. He played it everyday and got really good at it he even entered a gaming competition in Phillidelphia. During the competition he learned gaming was his special talent and next thing he knew a mark had a appeared on his flank, it was an NES Controller, he later won first place.

Personality Description:
Joystick is very optimistic and loves to have fun; he has a short temper however but somehow manages to contain his emotions of anger/sadness until he's alone  D:. He can be very competitive when it comes to gaming and hates losing at it  >:/. He's not very social unless its people he already knows and gets very shy around new people. He can be described as a little crazy once you get to know him and even a little weird ovO. Even if he's a bit anti-social when it comes to his friends he's always willing to help and hates it when other ponies pick on them. He can be a little cocky once in a while which usually leads to some ponies to get angry at him because when he's cocky he's arrogant as well, which is usually when he's winning at something.  :P

Gracie Sky

This is an okay OC, although I've spotted a handful of beginner mistakes.

-His parents named him Joystick, anticipating that he would develop a love of gaming. They better be avid gamers themselves to name their child after something related to video games.

-A mysterious stranger gave him the Alicorn Amulet for what seems to be no reason at all, which turned him into an alicorn permanently. I can't begin to tell you how unlikely this is, unless you can rationalize how this could be believable. I'd also like to ask why you want to make him an alicorn.

I suspect a lot of ponies whose special talent is gaming to be a ponysona of the author. I can't really see many ponies in Equestria having a game controller as a cutie mark.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

cowman8883

2013 Feb 26, 06:33:42 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 26, 06:35:42 by cowman8883
@gracie sky: Thanks for the feedback i tried to fix these mistakes. (His ponysona kinda does arrive from me  :P)

Go Up