Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

2015 Sep 07, 12:19:51 #17120 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 07, 12:22:19 by Lync Volan
Just found out that one of my favorite video games are gonna have another sequel but on the Ps4 :l (this is like the 3rd video game, crud to all this new generation consoles D:)

Post Merge

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 07, 08:38:03
An RP I'm in has just...completely de-railed from the main topic...
There needs to be some sorta Rp section where no actual story is written in stone so it can just progress in the moment or something, besides i'm tired of not Rping here so i won't bother anyone :/

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 07, 12:19:51
Just found out that one of my favorite video games are gonna have another sequel but on the Ps4 :l (this is like the 3rd video game, crud to all this new generation consoles D:)

Post Merge
There needs to be some sorta Rp section where no actual story is written in stone so it can just progress in the moment or something, besides i'm tired of not Rping here so i won't bother anyone :/

PS4 is one of the worse consoles to do this on to for the simple reason that the architecture makes porting a huge pain compared to other platforms, it's probably the worst platform to develop a game exclusively for IMO, you can't port it over to other platforms later down the line without putting in a lot more effort than you should, and that is bad since the PC market is fantastic for one reason, games you release there can still be bought and you still get a profit years after it's release.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Jenzy

Ha ha, this is still a thing. I guess that's frankly annoying. lol

When you wanna play a game with someone who hasn't picked up to play said game for a while, but still refuses to because they're "not in the mood." Makes me wonder when they'll ever be in the mood without me concerning... :s

PrincessButton

Broken promises/Broken deals. When you follow through with what you said you'd do if they do something for you, and then you ask them to do that something and they avoid it/laugh/change the subject.  >:/
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Midnight Breeze

I wish people would get over the notion that fast food is inherently bad. News flash, body says you have to order a bacon supreme with large fries and a full-sugar coke every time. You can eat a full meal at McDonald's for less than 400 calories. People just don't do it. I mean for God's sake, the nutritional info is RIGHT THERE on the bloody menu! It ain't like they try to hide it, either. It's in bold letters and numbers, so there's no excuse for reading the menu and consciously making an unhealthy decision when ordering.

Must be nice being able to eat home cooked meals every day and slag off people who eat fast food. As someone who lives alone and works 50+ hours a week I don't wanna spend all my time off cooking, thanks.

Chishio Kunrin

I was doing some quick research on Wikipedia, and I ran into a spoiler for a game. :c

Buuuut I just discovered that I would've figured it out myself anyway thanks to clues in the game. So, I guess it's alright.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

A comedy-focused news webshow I watch had a lot of stories this week...all of which made me feel like human development took three giant leaps backwards.  :c

Chromastone64

MY UNCLE.
Seriously, I've never seen my mum hate anything more than her brother, and for good bloody reason. (I think "bloody" is safe to post? I saw someone else post it, and it wasn't cut out. If it should be, I apologize.)
He's a greedy, violent jerk, and that is the understatement of the freaking millenium. Apparently he gave my grandmum a nervous breakdown when they were younger. When my grandad had to go into a care home, he never visited once, and tried to steal his money and tools and stuff. Right now, he's apparently in hospital "seriously hurt", and needs more money to pay the bills. Yeah, um, how did you get hurt? What happened? Oh, and by the way, YOU TRIED THIS BEFORE, YOU LYING IDIOT. YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO CON MONEY OUT OF US.
Now this bit annoys AND creeps me out a little bit: my mum made sure he didn't know about our grandad's funeral, and she isn't giving it a second thought as to whether the hospital thing is real or not. I mean, I don't think it's real either, but dang, when you bring him up, she turns COLD.
IMO, though, he didn't deserve to come to the funeral. I hate this man so much.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Greyscaleisme

I've basically been having a nervous breakdown for the past week. My new teachers have made everything so different... I don't even know anymore... Gahhh, can't we just go back to the barter system??
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

When my employer turned one of our break rooms into a nice little self-service store where we can buy food like prepacked sandwiches, salads, wraps and the like I assumed it would be at least somewhat subsidized. Lolnope, they're charging us convenience store prices. A bottle of diet coke and a turkey sandwich cost me frickin $5.10. You're killing my soul, Tyson!

Coincidentally that's right about what I make on my paid 30 minute break...I see what you did there, Tyson. Well played.

Chishio Kunrin

I just woke up, and I went on Tumblr and reblogged some stuff, and then I remembered "Oh right, right now we're supposed to not use Tumblr for 24 hours to protest how stupid Staff is. Woops. :I"

Sweet Brew

Took a stole down memory lane.
oops. :I

Little Star

Constantly feeling tired.  >.<

Midnight Breeze

People who will drive in circles around a walmart parking lot 50 googolplex times looking for a spot in the first few rows because the refuse to walk more than 2 millimeters.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, mom.

Chromastone64

Ugh...spoilers for Big Hero 6. It's not the film that bugs me, just...
Spoiler: show
Okay, me, my brother, and our mum just watched BH6 on DVD. I really liked the film, but I would have enjoyed the ending a bit more if my mum didn't ruin it.
So it's at the bit where Baymax needs to be left behind in the portal. Very emotional scene, and I liked the diologue. Everyone was quiet as it happened, and then Baymax was about to launch Hiro out.
And then my mum goes and makes the "fake vomit" noise AND COMPLETELY KILLS THE MOMENT!!!
She gets like this EVERY TIME there's a scene in ANYTHING with any sort of emotion or sad feel to it...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

2015 Sep 09, 18:50:51 #17135 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 09, 18:52:22 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 09, 08:50:27
People who will drive in circles around a walmart parking lot 50 googolplex times looking for a spot in the first few rows because the refuse to walk more than 2 millimeters.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, mom.
I'm looking at you, dad.
Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Sep 07, 12:34:27
PS4 is one of the worse consoles to do this on to for the simple reason that the architecture makes porting a huge pain compared to other platforms, it's probably the worst platform to develop a game exclusively for IMO, you can't port it over to other platforms later down the line without putting in a lot more effort than you should, and that is bad since the PC market is fantastic for one reason, games you release there can still be bought and you still get a profit years after it's release.
Ports? IMO? Profit?

Post Merge

My mom just kicked me out of the first floor even though she hardly leaves her bed room, i had to move all my belongings from there to the 2nd floor and now it feels so stuffed up here, i'm also gonna have a get together in 2 days and having all my things here might bother others

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 09, 18:50:51
Ports? IMO? Profit?

Post Merge

Ports is taking a game currently only made for one platform, say, Xbox one, PC or PS4, and then adapting it so it can be released on other platforms, in short it's taking a game made exclusively for one platform, then diving into working on making it function on other platforms so you can release it for those too, the problem is that many companies who do these ports are atrocious and end up making the ported version worse in every aspect compared to the original version even when the ported version is for a much stronger platform, like PC.

IMO is short for "in my opinion".

By profit I mean getting more money than spent in the production of something, say, if you're making something and spent 100 dollars on it, then manage to sell it for 300 dollars, you've made a 200 dollar profit.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Sep 09, 19:15:51.
By profit I mean getting more money than spent in the production of something, say, if you're making something and spent 100 dollars on it, then manage to sell it for 300 dollars, you've made a 200 dollar profit.
i thought you meant selling a game you just bought for a higher price then you payed for it

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 09, 19:43:18
i thought you meant selling a game you just bought for a higher price then you payed for it

Nah, that's reselling used games. What I meant was that some companies making games and other entertainment products limit themselves to one platform, or exclude themselves from perhaps their potentially most profitable platform that is practically begging for the type of games produced that never get released there for some reason, something PC has happening a lot of with awesome games never being ported over so people can enjoy it years and years after the original consoles are outdated and physical copies are no longer sold.

Their mistake is usually that they want ALL the money immediately, completely ignoring the possibility of selling a game through steam earning them money several years after original release, they're pretty bad at thinking long-term all things considered, which is why I am incredibly annoyed at that, so many awesome games that simply never got ported to PC for people's enjoyment.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 09, 17:53:22
Ugh...spoilers for Big Hero 6. It's not the film that bugs me, just...
Spoiler: show
Okay, me, my brother, and our mum just watched BH6 on DVD. I really liked the film, but I would have enjoyed the ending a bit more if my mum didn't ruin it.
So it's at the bit where Baymax needs to be left behind in the portal. Very emotional scene, and I liked the diologue. Everyone was quiet as it happened, and then Baymax was about to launch Hiro out.
And then my mum goes and makes the "fake vomit" noise AND COMPLETELY KILLS THE MOMENT!!!
She gets like this EVERY TIME there's a scene in ANYTHING with any sort of emotion or sad feel to it...

I would stop watching things with her.
I mean, I have a tendency to put off watching certain things until my mom is out of the house or asleep because she has such an annoying tendency of frequently walking into the room and talking to me no matter what I'm doing. I got tired of having to pause movies every 10-20 minutes.

I also don't like watching movies with my mom anymore because whenever I do, one way or another, we end up pausing the movie for, like, 30 minutes. :l The three most common things that happen:
1. Someone calls, and it's someone who she wants to answer the phonecall for, so she ends up talking to them for, like, 20-30 minutes.
2. She needs to go pee multiple times during the movie.
3. She feels the need to take a smoke break.
4. Someone calls and then she feels the need to take a smoke break after all that talking.

Go Up