The Wretched Prison (OOC board+Battle info+Moves and abilities acceptance board)

Started by Tiger, 2012 Jul 22, 09:23:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FlameandIce

Moves:Dark flame: User uses pure darkness to attack her enemies. (50% flinching chance due to ability)          Punch: Offensive. Attack with hoof.                   Dark punch: Uses her dark arts to surround her hoof in darkness to attack (50% flinching chance due to ability)        Buck: Offensive. Bucks the enemy.

now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 06:32:52
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 26, 06:15:02
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 04:57:20
About the Magic missiles, each orb does 5% of the fireball damage.

Affect all moves please. What is the next step?

...But I'm too lazy to make it all 5% fireball damage when the fireball damage is random DD: *whine*
Anyway, since they're all related to magic, I say the ability should be something like "Magic moves has (insert fraction) chance of (insert status problem)"
So, for example, any of your attacking magic moves could have 1/6 chance of paralysis, or maybe 1/3. It could also be burn, poison, bleeding, whatever you want. The status problem will last for X amount of turns. What status problem do you want to inflict your targets with?

Okay, I can agree with the 3 damage and each time the accuracy decreases. How about it starts out with 100%, and each time 10% of the previous accuracy is taken away. EXAMPLE: 1st Hit: 100%. 2nd hit: 90%. 3rd Hit: 81%. 4th Hit: 72.9%. 5th Hit: 65.61%. 6th Hit: 59.049%. 7th Hit: 53.1441%. 8th Hit: 47.82969%. 9th Hit: 43.046721%. 10th and final possible hit: 38.7420489%. You can round up/down if you want to, or adjust the accuracies. The chance of 10 orbs hitting is 0.872796356808771242589139747948%. Anyways, Lightning bolt already paralyzes, and Fireball already has a chance of burning... so what other options are there?

Maybe it adds a certain TYPE of damage to all magic offensive spells? OOO OOO!!! Maybe it adds a chance of an enemy being stunned for a round after hitting the shield!
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Sponk

Also, just so everypony knows. There will be penalties for losing a match.
Blah blah blah.

Vick McBread

Yes. We know. Keep them a secret please. Suprise. And keep it creative :D
EDIT: WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR THIS RP!
START IT WHEN TIGER GETS HERE! WE ARE SO HIGH RIGHT NOW!
EAT MUFFIN MUFFIN MUFFIN BANNANA NUT BREAD!AHHHHH YOU CAN'T JUST *DUBSTEP*
((this was a soul twitch, he have them when danger is near OR we are extreamely happy))
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

GalinndanDawnfire

I would say as soon as Tiger gets here as well, however, i still have not established my ability. anyways,  ovO  ovO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! ovO  ovO
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Vick McBread

Hey, it took us 2 days of editting before We got ours up. :P
Still, Good luck!

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jul 27, 11:41:46
Hey, it took us 2 days of editting before We got ours up. :P
Still, Good luck!

Why do you keep refering to yourself in the third person?

Vick McBread

Tiger

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jul 26, 06:28:06
So our ability is Thinking? YEAH! WE LOVE IT!
Thanks and by the way, We forgive you for that WE war. ^-^
Ok. Done here.

Hold on, what does it do exactly? Does it give your attacks 1/6 chance of paralisis or however you spell it? Please give specifications...

Okay, I can agree with the 3 damage and each time the accuracy decreases. How about it starts out with 100%, and each time 10% of the previous accuracy is taken away. EXAMPLE: 1st Hit: 100%. 2nd hit: 90%. 3rd Hit: 81%. 4th Hit: 72.9%. 5th Hit: 65.61%. 6th Hit: 59.049%. 7th Hit: 53.1441%. 8th Hit: 47.82969%. 9th Hit: 43.046721%. 10th and final possible hit: 38.7420489%. You can round up/down if you want to, or adjust the accuracies. The chance of 10 orbs hitting is 0.872796356808771242589139747948%. Anyways, Lightning bolt already paralyzes, and Fireball already has a chance of burning... so what other options are there?

But I'm too lazy to multiply by such odd numbers DD: I would still have the opponents abilities and moves to manage, and not to mention the turn taking and battle stuff. It's too much work for me, you gotta understand.
And even if there's a very rare chance of 10 orbs hitting, it would take out a whole chunk of the opponents hp, leaving them with only 5 hp  left. I still request to decrease that number.
And, the percentage thing. Can it be more simpler? It would be ideal to be (number)/6 since I normally use a 6 sided dice, unless I use an online ten sided dice.
Quote from: Bon Bon on 2012 Jul 26, 18:10:37
Distraction would confuse the enemy for a couple turns. After that it is how much hp it claims, the dark cloud being the most powerful.

How many spells can it actually use? Only 2, is it?
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 27, 04:23:12
Maybe it adds a certain TYPE of damage to all magic offensive spells? OOO OOO!!! Maybe it adds a chance of an enemy being stunned for a round after hitting the shield!

Too much work...
I'm going to look at the other posts later, if there are any other posts.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 27, 18:59:29
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jul 26, 06:28:06
So our ability is Thinking? YEAH! WE LOVE IT!
Thanks and by the way, We forgive you for that WE war. ^-^
Ok. Done here.

Hold on, what does it do exactly? Does it give your attacks 1/6 chance of paralisis or however you spell it? Please give specifications...

But I'm too lazy to multiply by such odd numbers DD: I would still have the opponents abilities and moves to manage, and not to mention the turn taking and battle stuff. It's too much work for me, you gotta understand.
And even if there's a very rare chance of 10 orbs hitting, it would take out a whole chunk of the opponents hp, leaving them with only 5 hp  left. I still request to decrease that number.
And, the percentage thing. Can it be more simpler? It would be ideal to be (number)/6 since I normally use a 6 sided dice, unless I use an online ten sided dice.
Quote from: Bon Bon on 2012 Jul 26, 18:10:37
Distraction would confuse the enemy for a couple turns. After that it is how much hp it claims, the dark cloud being the most powerful.

How many spells can it actually use? Only 2, is it?
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 27, 04:23:12

Too much work...
I'm going to look at the other posts later, if there are any other posts.

Okay, shall we settle on 6 orbs that do 3 damage each? first hit garanteed, then each consecutive hit gets 1/6 taken off of its accuracy: 1st hit: 6/6, 2nd hit: 5/6, 3rd hit: 4/6, 4th hit: 3/6, 5th hit: 2/6, 6th hit: 1/6

Okay, maybe for the ability I can have a chance of added fire damage? I know it will be a lot of work, but i will leave it in your capable hooves.

Tiger

Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 27, 19:11:36
Okay, shall we settle on 6 orbs that do 3 damage each? first hit garanteed, then each consecutive hit gets 1/6 taken off of its accuracy: 1st hit: 6/6, 2nd hit: 5/6, 3rd hit: 4/6, 4th hit: 3/6, 5th hit: 2/6, 6th hit: 1/6
Okay, maybe for the ability I can have a chance of added fire damage? I know it will be a lot of work, but i will leave it in your capable hooves.

Added fire damage, as in your fire attack will cause more damage? Is that what you mean?
For some reason, the name "Flame Shot" pops up in my mind for the ability name ovO

GalinndanDawnfire

I dont see why not! Maybe so that it is not OP, it could be merely a 1/6 chance of adding fire damage.

Tiger

Yeah, sounds nice :D

GalinndanDawnfire
Ability: Flame Shot

Lightning Bolt
Magic Orbs
Fireball
Shield

Okay, all set! :D

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 27, 19:22:30
Yeah, sounds nice :D

GalinndanDawnfire
Ability: Flame Shot

Lightning Bolt
Magic Orbs
Fireball
Shield

Okay, all set! :D

YAY!!! Now we need to decide the damages done by the attacks...  :'(

Tiger

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 27, 19:34:23
Don't worry, I shall decide during battle like I normally do ovO

Dont you think we should decide the damage range now just to save you the aggravation of doing it later?

Tiger

Nah, I always do that. When I first started off the battling system in The Pinkie Virus the damage went on like that. Normally I would stick to a certain amount of damage for this attack, occasionally going lower or higher.

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 27, 19:41:11
Nah, I always do that. When I first started off the battling system in The Pinkie Virus the damage went on like that. Normally I would stick to a certain amount of damage for this attack, occasionally going lower or higher.

Alright, I just dont want anyone claiming my attacks are OP... also, resistances and health explanations?

Tiger

Each pony will have a default of 35 hp. Anypony that uses a move/ability to increase their defense will take less damage from attacks.

GalinndanDawnfire

Go Up