Good Games Suggestions

Started by TheStig, 2014 Apr 17, 15:55:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TheStig

I'm planning to do game hunting next month but there are so many games out there, it would be nice if someone could recommend some good games. It doesn't matter if it is a fan game as long as it's decent  ;)... PC Windows and console only
I am The Rebirth who shall command The Land Of Beginnings

Coffee Rush

If you're interested in first person shooters, particularly of the World War Two genre, then I'd think you'd enjoy Red Orchestra 2, and Rising Storm. Enjoyable for me, anyways. Also, the music is very good.

I believe this thread should go to the video games section, also.
My OC can be found here!

Ramisha

I suggest Okami for you. It's a PS2 game, it's about the sun goddess Amaterasu in her wolf form fighting demons and evil and regaining her powers. You can press R1 to pause and draw something, it turns into a spell! It's really cool. It's my favorite videogame.

Chromastone64

I might seem like the only thing i seem to type about, but if you have a 3DS, I highly recommend Bravely Default. I just finished the game myself, and it's instantly one of my favorites (besides Fire Emblem Awakening and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance), one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Just be warned: the voice directing is a little...meh, but that barely takes away from the whole package.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Raiku08

Do you like shoot-em-up games? Girls that fly up in the sky and shoot each other using ultra colorful bullets? Or a even playing Easy Mode is ultra hard? Then I suggest Touhou Project  :P It's a PC Game
I'm a big Touhou and MLP: FiM fan! ^.^

KirbyFluttershy

Well I'm not sure what games you're looking for, but these are the games I may recommend

PC & Steam:
Terraria
Minecraft - popular by many people
Starbound - It's like minecraft and Terraria
Borderlands 2 - also playable on PS3 and Xbox360
Final Fantasy XI or XIV - These are pay 2 play and MMORPG just fyi
DotA 2 & League of Legends - Popular by many people

Nintendo Wii & Wiiware:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Kirby's Dream Collection - This is for most kirby fans that haven't played the 1st few kirby games, but this will include the Challenge Stages from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Battle Revolution - This game is compatible to nintendo DS of any model + 4th gen pokemon games which is D/P/Pl/HG/SS

Nintendo 3/DS:
Pokemon D/P/Pl/HG/SS
Pokemon B/W 1/2
Pokemon X/Y - Pokemon Bank optional or needed if you need to store your pokemon
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Highly Advised to get the digital copy of the game
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series - yes, i meant the whole series
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus Uprising
Bravely Default
Kirby Super Star Ultra - This is better than original version, but there are changes happened in this version of the game
Pokemon Rumble Blast
and Yoshi's new island

There are some virtual console games for 3DS, wii, and wii-u so you may wanna take a look around and see what interests you. only try the games once before you say "i hate this" or "i don't like it" or you can ask if the game is any good or not or if curious enough, you can read the reviews.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Wolfbeast

Hi there! I do a lot of gaming on the PC and some light gaming on other consoles (namely gamecube, wii, etc.)
I have played a nice load of games, I'd like to think, but most of them were western and revolved around combat in some form.
I recently played the mass effect trilogy and absolutely adored it, sadly the edition i bought didn't come with most of the DLCs, so I cannot comment on those. I also recommend D&D based games, though most of the examples I have are old or MMO titles, like Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, and Dungeons and Dragons Online. I simply adore a game whose lore i can get completely lost in, so I also recommend the Elder Scrolls series!
Amongst gamecube titles I've played, I can recommend Product Number 3 (sometimes written as P. N. 03) as an entertaining shooter. The music appeals to me greatly, even if the gameplay is very repetitive.
I've recently gotten into playing games cooperatively with friends! I currently play on a private minecraft server (minecraft possibilities are truly endless with all the mods out there for you to try), as well as terraria, starbound, and more recently, Diablo 3. If you are interested in exploration and building up a character in a stylized world, involving resource and loot collection, i highly recommend starbound.
That's about all I can think of right now, aside from the MMO Firefall, that one is pretty neat, even for a beta.
As for the games my sibling plays, she very much likes the Persona games, as well as Legend of Zelda titles, and Okami, which was mentioned earlier in this thread.
My wife has several popular consoles, and I can easily say she's owned and played more games than I have. She likes most of the current titles available, but some are quite dark or violent. I think there was something called Fire Emblem that she liked quite a lot, but I don't quite remember.

Regardless, have a nice day! I hope you find something you really enjoy!

CrystalWolfTear

I would suggest Shadows Of Mine. It is currently in a beta phase as it is updated but the download is free and quite easy to obtain. Just search it in Google and it should pop-up. That's if your interested that is.

TheStig

2014 Apr 19, 19:52:58 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 19, 20:00:21 by TheStig
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I love you guys :D I've never heard most of the games you guys suggested, but its worth a shot.

Post Merge

:3
Quote from: Raiku08 on 2014 Apr 17, 21:58:40
Do you like shoot-em-up games? Girls that fly up in the sky and shoot each other using ultra colorful bullets? Or a even playing Easy Mode is ultra hard? Then I suggest Touhou Project  :P It's a PC Game

Thanks mate, but shoot-em-up is not my thing.
I am The Rebirth who shall command The Land Of Beginnings

ManeFlame

Well, on the Playstation Network, they've got a bunch of games for $1 now, so you could get a ton of them. If you don't like them, no big loss.

AaronMk

2014 Apr 19, 23:13:11 #10 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 02, 18:03:16 by Billow Theory
Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Victoria 2 if you want to adventure down into the wonderful world of Paradox grand strategy titles and their amazing 9-part tutorials. But once mastered, you may make Czechoslovakia strong!

Alternatively, if you're into braining yourself over a rock and fifty buttons that do fifty things there's Arma 3. Might be for sale next month on Steam. Maybe. I think.

Otherwise, Banished looks good and is something I'm looking into getting come the next sale and maybe Banner Saga. I'm also very tempted to pre-order the new Wolfenstein game.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

InCaptivity

Ive personally been having a blast with Dark Souls 2. Fair warning though, it is not for the faint of heart.
The Galaxy Is At Peace

Creme Tartar

Some things which have eaten a fair bit of my time:

Transcendence
A sort of cross between Nethack and Star Control. You start with nothing and derp about in a randomly generated universe until you get to the end, or die. And you will die. Repeatedly.  :D

Distant Worlds
Empire building. In spaaaaaaaace.
Very in-depth with lots of options and customisation, but also a lot can be automated if it gets too much.
Someone even made a pony mod for it, which is very lol if a little harsh on the eyes (bright colours everywhere).

Battlestar Galactica Online
A spacey shooter MMO, which is very fun but sometimes very frustrating. (Ganking etc.)
Sometimes it makes me quite angry, but I keep going back.  :P

Swords & Potions 2
A crafting game. This is my chillout thing, just making and selling items is something I find quite relaxing.
Some people are really competitive about it, but I could never quite get into that.

S_Realm

2014 Apr 21, 12:31:27 #13 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 02, 18:03:27 by Billow Theory
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 19, 23:13:11
Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Victoria 2 if you want to adventure down into the wonderful world of Paradox grand strategy titles and their amazing 9-part tutorials. But once mastered, you may make Czechoslovakia strong!

Yes, a thousand times YES! Let's play some MP on CK2 fellow paradoxian!  :D

Silverfan118

2014 May 31, 07:57:56 #14 Last Edit: 2014 May 31, 08:01:18 by Silverfan118
well, if you've watched how to train your dragon, and liked it, might i suggest http://www.schoolofdragons.com/ school of dragons, you get to create your own viking, get your own dragon, colour your dragon and train it and there's also farming and games you can play too, and quests! c: (sadly night fury's aren't a choice, but i guess if they were, everyone would pick a night fury to have as a dragon companion x3

Also...if you like wolves and lions there's this simple game named "dragon's den" which is an impressive title server, you can; create a character, fight, talk to people, earn items, role play and explore, i find it a nice game to chill out on. Also impressive title is the original game...but other people have made servers based off it. And i don't know if impressive title's server is still on, which is why i recommended dragon's den. But if you are interested in other servers i guess you just need to look up "impressive title servers" and it will come up with the different ones that are there c: heres the link to dragon's den http://dragonsden.freeforums.net/ you do need to create accounts on both these games though.

EDIT: also forgot about digimon masters online x3 get to raise your own digimon, do quests, parties, and if your lucky, collect a digi egg and have a chance of hatching it! I find it pretty fun to play 83 http://www.joymax.com/dmo/ once again, you need an account o3o;

wrote more than i thought i would here XD

Sea Foam

Psychonauts is a few bucks on steam last time I checked. It's a 3D platformer with fantastic and hilarious writing and dialogue. It has a ton of charm and personality as well. The levels are played inside the minds of other characters which leaves a ton of room for creative design and Psychonauts takes advantage of every bit of it.

Mother 3 is an RPG free on a Gameboy emulator from a fan translation. If you know the game Earthbound on the SNES, they're all in the Mother series, Earthbound being the second. Bluntly, Mother 3 is the greatest game I've ever played. I've never seen a game convey a wide array of emotions as Mother 3 does. The story is great, the characters are all memorable, the music is among the best I've heard from a game and the detail and work they put into this game is staggering.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

snowflurry

If you like RPG I would try Dark souls 2 dragon age or dragons dogma : dark arisen

Go Up