At the Gala IDEA

Started by Little Star, 2012 Oct 05, 10:02:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Tekner... You must now share these secret emotiponies with us.  :]

A-ny-ways, here's a lazy demo!

Yay!

Like Ryo said, this is just a demo and not anywhere near the final product.

Star: I... You know I'm completely comfortable with the original lyrics. Apart from music, I want to fly with my own wings, so it feels amazing to sing that already. Thanks for asking though! :)
Purr~

Billow Pillow

@Tekner: Simply amazing indeed, this forum have just become 20% cooler! Though i suppose in a technical sense the forum's have always been 20% cooler, given upon the fact it was just based upon my own ignorance of not knowing of the emoticon's existence.   None the less! Still so awesome!  :3

@Julius: Rather good for a demo if i may say so myself.  ;)
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tekner

I love your accent, Julius, haha.

Julius

Thanks Lyra, thanks Tekner! I didn't realize it was still noticeable though!  X3
Purr~

Tekner

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 05, 18:35:52
Thanks Lyra, thanks Tekner! I didn't realize it was still noticeable though!  X3
Your accent isn't enough to make your voice hard to understand or anything. It's just that you pronounce certain sounds with slightly more emphasis or use a slightly different sound. When you sing to music, however, I find it harder to notice.

Julius

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 06, 00:11:12
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 05, 18:35:52
Your accent isn't enough to make your voice hard to understand or anything. It's just that you pronounce certain sounds with slightly more emphasis or use a slightly different sound. When you sing to music, however, I find it harder to notice.

Ah well, that's good. I'm understood and I still have an accent. Tiger Growl (That drives the ladies insane). ^-^

As an update to this post, I've been trying to record the real thing all day long, but as you can see from the demo and the video I just uploaded to the Road to Alpha, there's a LOT of background noise. :l
Purr~

Tiger

Wasn't this already done?
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3915.0
... ovO

Well, I guess I can be Fluttershy in here too, unless someone else wants a chance.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Julius

2012 Oct 06, 00:36:04 #27 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 06, 02:29:22 by Julius
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 06, 00:27:15
Wasn't this already done?
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3915.0
... ovO

Well, I guess I can be Fluttershy in here too, unless someone else wants a chance.

I.. Uh... Shhh! I'm already working on my part here! ovO

Ok, the verse is done (Been dreamin'). Also have "Prove I'm great as a Wonderbolt is" and "To prove" ready.

To the Chorus!

Also, here's something I just felt like posting after my last post.

Tiger Growl. ;)

And now I've uploaded those parts I mentioned above.

Been Dreamin'

To Prove

And I am done. I'm very, very, very, very, very, VERY happy with what I did! This may be my best piece yet! Perhaps better than my Spanish Intro even! :D

Choir

"Final Version" Demo/Example

Enjoy my little ponies!
Purr~

Tekner

Listen to you singing gala and how it's sung in the actual song. You can really hear your accent there. Great work too! Did you add the reverb/echo, or is that your mic? And what mic do you use? I wish my headset was that clear :\

Julius

2012 Oct 06, 04:42:12 #29 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 06, 04:44:01 by Julius
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 06, 04:26:55
Listen to you singing gala and how it's sung in the actual song. You can really hear your accent there. Great work too! Did you add the reverb/echo, or is that your mic? And what mic do you use? I wish my headset was that clear :\

Yup, I noticed, still rocks though. ^-^

Yes, I did add it myself with GarageBand. It was quite simple you know, it's not the first time I've done that. Take a look at my other songs. :]

I use the Microphone that came with my (Now) broken Skullcandy Hesh Headphones. Looking to get a Blue Yeti soon, along with some Beats Headphones.

Spoiler: Headphones • show

That's where the microphone is. Such a good yet small microphone!

And finally...

I told you they were broken. How did they break you ask? By adjusting them so they were comfortable on my ears.  :l
Purr~

Little Star

STATUS REPORT
Spoiler: show
Speaking part - Needed
I can't believe we're finally here.
With all that we've imagined, the reality of this night is sure to make this the Best Night Ever!

Ryo: At the gala
Choir: At the gala

Tiger: At the gala, in the garden
I'm going to see them all.
All the creatures, I'll befriend them at the gala~!

Choir: At the gala

Tiger: All the birdies and the critters
They will love me, big and small
We'll become good friends forever
right here at the Gala~!

Choir: All our dreams will come true, right here at the Gala! At the Gala!

Tekner: At the gala, (Choir: it's amazing) I will sell them (Choir: that you heard of)
all my appletastic treats! (Choir: yummy yummy)
Hungry ponies (Choir: give us samples), they will buy them (Choir: we will buy them)
caramel apples, apple sweets! (Choir: Gimme some)
And then earn a lot of money
for the Apple Family~!

Choir: All our dreams and our hopes from now until here after. All that we've been wishing for will happen at the Gala. At the Gala!

StarSong: At the gala, all the singers
they will meet fair StarSong
They will see I'm just as great here at the Gala~!

Choir: At the Gala

StarSong: I will find him, my prince charming
And how gallant he will be.
He will treat me like a lady, tonight at the Gala~!

Choir: This is what we've been waiting for to have the best night ever. Each of us will live our dreams tonight at the Gala! At the Gala

Julius: Been dreaming, I've been waiting
to fly with those great ponies.
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks Spinning 'round and having kicks.
Perform for crowds of thousands.
They'll shower us with diamonds!
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala~!

Choir: All we've longed, for all we've dreamed, our happy ever-after. Finally will all come true right here at the Grand Gala! At the Gala!

Lyra: I'm here at the Grand Gala, for it is the best party.
But the one thing it was missing was a pony named Pinkie.
For I am the best at parties, all the ponies will agree.
Ponies playing, ponies dancing with me at the Grand Gala~!

Choir: Happiness and laughter at the Gala. At the Gala!

Ryo: At the Gala, (Choir: At the Gala) with the princess (Choir: with the princess)
is where I'm going to be (Choir: She will be)
We will talk all about magic,
and what I've learned and seen. (Choir: She will see)
It is going to be so special,
as she takes time just for me~!

Choir: This will be the best night EVER~!

Choir: Into the Gala we must go
we're ready now, we're all a glow
Into the Gala, let's go in
and have the best night ever.
Into the Gala, now's the time, we're ready and we look divine.

*Choir in the background
*Fluttershy and Twilight: Into the Gala
Fluttershy: Meet new friends
*Fluttershy, Twilight, and Applejack: Into the Gala
Applejack: Sell some Apples
*Fluttershy, Twilight, Applejack and Rarity: Into the Gala
Rarity: Find my prince
*Fluttershy, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Dash and Pinky: Prove I'm great
Dash: As a Wonderbolt is

*Fluttershy: To meet
*Applejack: to sell
*Rarity: to find
*Dash: to prove
*Pinky: to woo
*Twilight: to talk

Choir: Into the Gala, into the Gala
And we'll have the BEST NIGHT EVER!
At the Gala

Kay. Flutter. S. = Tiger
Rarity= Me
Rainbow= Julius
Twilight= Ryo
Pinkie= Lyra
Apple J. = Tekner

Accurate?

Tekner

Beside some character's names not yet being replaced with the proper singer's name, yes. I would also like to request that you keep the lyrics canon, and not add your name to it. This is a group project, not one to stick your name in instead of Rarity's, at least that's how I see it.

Also, if no one else takes it, I can do the intro too. I love voice acting more than singing usually ^-^. Though, of course, I already have a spot, so I won't take it if someone else not already singing wants it.

Julius

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 06, 20:55:01
http://soundcloud.com/tiger_pegasus/fluttershy-gala-project
http://soundcloud.com/tiger_pegasus/into-the-gala-meet-new
http://soundcloud.com/tiger_pegasus/to-meet

So cute Tiger! Great job! ^-^

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 06, 07:35:58
Beside some character's names not yet being replaced with the proper singer's name, yes. I would also like to request that you keep the lyrics canon, and not add your name to it. This is a group project, not one to stick your name in instead of Rarity's, at least that's how I see it.

Also, if no one else takes it, I can do the intro too. I love voice acting more than singing usually ^-^. Though, of course, I already have a spot, so I won't take it if someone else not already singing wants it.

I agree with that. Changing names and lyrics doesn't fit here in my opinion.

I think Ryo was going to do the intro. After all he is going to sing Twilight's part. :P
Purr~

Ryo_D_Disk

Indeed i shall work on it soon i shall choose between a proper voice or the voice acted one honlestly though any opinions on style?  :s

Julius

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 06, 21:10:24
Indeed i shall work on it soon i shall choose between a proper voice or the voice acted one honlestly though any opinions on style?  :s

Just sing like you usually would for any other song. That's what I did. :)
Purr~

Ryo_D_Disk

a long time responding but my recording dont tend to have the same voice since well my real voice is bad  X3 as ive made you all suffer before but I will work on the recordings soon I promice it may not be this week there is a lot going on but do expect them  ^-^ i never let a challange go unfinished for it is in my title to compete them ((i think :P))

PrincessButton

Why are there two Gala Projects and Two Smile Projects?  :o I don't understand why ponies keep making more...  :I
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Bravo 658

Julius

2012 Oct 09, 02:25:23 #39 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 09, 02:28:45 by Julius
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 09, 00:27:06
Why are there two Gala Projects and Two Smile Projects?  :o I don't understand why ponies keep making more...  :I

Well... People forget to record their parts, a long time passes and then somepony else comes up with the idea of making a collab.

But fear not! With me on these threads, they won't be forgotten. If I see one is taking too long, I organize it and make tell the others to do what they were supposed to do. :]

By the way, since I'm talking about this:

StarSong, Ryo, Lyra and Tekner still need to record. Not to mention, we need a choir!

Ryo's going to record next week, if I remember correctly.

That is all. ^-^
Purr~

Go Up