Where IS everypony?

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 24, 15:41:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

I know Thread Games and Jump-Ins are awesomely active, they usually are.  My question is, whatever happened to the rest of the forum?  Used to be there were hundreds of hundreds of posts and active threads, now it's like everypony just... isn't really posting all that much.  Maybe it's just me?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Coffee Rush

I agree with this. I don't post much, but this forum is getting a bit quieter. Maybe its the silence before the storm, or its going to have a daily boom soon.
My OC can be found here!

The Wandering Magus

Is it just... school?  work?  falling of the leaves?  everypony nervously awaiting S3? TF2? some game I don't know of?

I know a large number of RPers are with Galvin on his Skype pathfinder RP, and a few others are in League of Legends, but seriously this is just strange.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Rissian

It could have just been a surge of activity from the Stress Test before it closed. It will probably be active again in the future. I bet activity will also rise when season 3 comes out.  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

I've been semi-lurking, and watching lots of videos on Youtube.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Coffee Rush

I know the activity shot up when the stress test was here, then all went back to normal, just new members. But, usually posting would be alot more, but now its quiet.
My OC can be found here!

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Zaner-Boy

Too depressed to make any real posts.

Travius Trott

My do guess that it's mainly that just this time of year is quite, well, bleak, and everypony have something to do with their own time.
And I do admit I'm currently lurking here, but my main reason for that is that I feel that there is no topics I dare answer to, that I've not already posted on that is. Another reason for my inactivity is that I've been here so long, and everything have changed so very much.

Quite frankly, there is few topics that have been opened here that is not sensitive, nor quite boring.

That the next season is just around the corner does not quite help on the activity here either, where spoilers are not very quite permitted, I say.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Oct 24, 16:12:55
My do guess that it's mainly that just this time of year is quite, well, bleak, and everypony have something to do with their own time.
And I do admit I'm currently lurking here, but my main reason for that is that I feel that there is no topics I dare answer to, that I've not already posted on that is. Another reason for my inactivity is that I've been here so long, and everything have changed so very much.

Quite frankly, there is few topics that have been opened here that is not sensitive, nor quite boring.

That the next season is just around the corner does not quite help on the activity here either, where spoilers are not very quite permitted, I say.

Some of us are still holding back on posting about sensitive or controversial things. I mean, one of my passions is rather controversial here in the USA, so I haven't really said a single thing about it here.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zaner-Boy

Another reason I never post is because my posts go unnoticed or get deleted by admins anyway, and I usually fail to see the point in posting anything. The fact that I even posted this is mind-boggling to me.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 24, 16:20:53
Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Oct 24, 16:12:55

Some of us are still holding back on posting about sensitive or controversial things. I mean, one of my passions is rather controversial here in the USA, so I haven't really said a single thing about it here.
o.O could a few of you PM me some examples of what you mean by "sensitive" topics?
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 24, 16:30:34
Another reason I never post is because my posts go unnoticed or get deleted by admins anyway, and I usually fail to see the point in posting anything. The fact that I even posted this is mind-boggling to me.
I notice you posts, if that helps... x3

Zaner-Boy

I notice you posts, if that helps... x3
[/quote]

It helps a little, I suppose...

Travius Trott

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 24, 16:20:53
-snip-

I also do admit, I'm holding quite the bit back, as I'm quite sure that if I spoke my mind on most the topics I have an opinion on, then I would be shot down quicker than I could post again, due to my opinions being rather, well, atypical.

Another thing I have noted, which is a homebrewn theory in essence, and also might have been formulated by some clever mind which I do not want to know of at the moment, is that for a topic to be interesting it have to hold a relation to oneself, one example is the 'wonderbolts/blue angels' that opened, while I deem the title of it interesting, I also myself have no knowledge on these blue angels, pardon that I took a direct example it's something I would have avoided, but I did so need an example for this.

You surely posted this to be noticed Which did succeed, least to me it did, but also a piece of advice mister, is that while evereypony wants to be unique, special, and such. It all have a root in being noticed, and I've long ago realised that I have all the attention I could ever need from those friends I made here, and other places.
The best way to be noticed is to find those who might stay loyal, listen to their trouble and try and help with that as well.

That's just some of the wisdom I've gathered trough these last few years, and it did take quite the while till I found it to be true, and even still I feel unnoticed, but usually that lies on either myself craving too much attention, or that those I can speak to are simply not there at the time.

Yes I just went on a quite long moral rant which may be completely wrong and is to be taken with a grain of salt If I am wrong.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Zaner-Boy

Well, you've obviously made more friends than I here. I've made maybe five good ones, and even then I never get to talk to them because of timezones and school and such, and even then there's only a few things we can talk about that doesn't step over the line of them not caring. If I've learned anything from being here, it's to expect people to never care. Trying to tell someone about something they won't care about, it just makes them hate you. That's my experience, anyway.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 24, 16:43:09
Well, you've obviously made more friends than I here. I've made maybe five good ones, and even then I never get to talk to them because of timezones and school and such, and even then there's only a few things we can talk about that doesn't step over the line of them not caring. If I've learned anything from being here, it's to expect people to never care. Trying to tell someone about something they won't care about, it just makes them hate you. That's my experience, anyway.
I'm sure that's not the case here... x3 or at least, only with a few of the members.  I'm sorry to hear your experience has been so... poor with some of the other members in the past. :(

Zaner-Boy

It's been the case with me, anyway. It's actually gotten quite a few members here to hate me, and a few of them go out of their way to ruin a lot of my posts. Not saying names.

Welp, we're quite off-topic now. Time to count down the seconds before ol' McSleuthburger comes by to lock the thread up.

Travius Trott

Well, I have only made very few real friends here, bouts some 5-7, but those I've made are the best I've had, at times one is unlucky and meets one who does not care for others than themselves, but also one must take care not to become that pony.
And you know, more often than not, it's speaking about it as openly this forum is, that makes it harder to gain solid friends, as one might need to show much more psychological strength and durability than is actually there. I've more than once stood on the brink of depression, but I would try my best at only telling my closest friends about it, and otherwise keep my face clean of negative emotions.
Also, if you need to talk about something with someone in private, then you can always talk to me, I'll listen and I promise on my everything that I will not tell anypony about it.

But again, I must say I'm sorry for trying to help, and give this clearly bad advice, but I can not help but doing it when I can try. Pardon that I care about you. >.<

But yes, I must apologise for straying offtopic, I will now proceed from this post on, with just lurking untill anything shiny catches my sight.

The Wandering Magus

*sigh* so everypony either was here for only the stress test, or aren't posting because of overly-restrictive forum rules, well, that's too bad.  I hope that things change in the near future, but if not... well, I don't really have anywhere else to go... I guess in the long run I'll be one of the last ones around, in any case.

Rissian

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Oct 24, 16:55:31
Spoiler: show

Well, I have only made very few real friends here, bouts some 5-7, but those I've made are the best I've had, at times one is unlucky and meets one who does not care for others than themselves, but also one must take care not to become that pony.
And you know, more often than not, it's speaking about it as openly this forum is, that makes it harder to gain solid friends, as one might need to show much more psychological strength and durability than is actually there. I've more than once stood on the brink of depression, but I would try my best at only telling my closest friends about it, and otherwise keep my face clean of negative emotions.
Also, if you need to talk about something with someone in private, then you can always talk to me, I'll listen and I promise on my everything that I will not tell anypony about it.

But again, I must say I'm sorry for trying to help, and give this clearly bad advice, but I can not help but doing it when I can try. Pardon that I care about you. >.<

But yes, I must apologise for straying offtopic, I will now proceed from this post on, with just lurking untill anything shiny catches my sight.

That wasn't bad advice at all Travius, you do have to find the friends who are loyal and the actual loyal friends will care and respond to what you say. It's not always easy either. I've actually made some friends in the server you hosted or well I consider them friends.  ^-^

Some people also may not be able to tell if you want to be their friend or not sometimes you have to flat ask them to be your friend,
and sometimes I'm too shy to ask people directly.

On the subject of posts being ignored sometimes people just can't think of anything to say or respond to those posts it doesn't mean they were being ignored. In fact Zaner the dumb things that annoys you topic has the most posts in the off topic forum and you made that topic, I've actually had a lot of fun posting in it too.

Go Up