I have a question...

Started by Tiger, 2012 Nov 20, 22:16:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

2012 Nov 20, 22:16:37 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 12:04:53 by Electro-BLITZ
What program do you people/bronies/ponies/whatever use to combine different sound tracks together?

Electro-BLITZ ~ Topic Locked For inactivity

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Ryo_D_Disk

2012 Nov 20, 22:31:06 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 20, 22:43:58 by Ryo_D_Disk
Audacity since im cheap and lazy

meh spelling its nearly 4am for me I think you can cut me a break on spelling  ovO

LaptopCommandStation

I think ryo means "since"

I also use audacity.  It's free, and (to me), easy to use.
You can also use it as a recorder.

Julius

I use Audacity sometimes (When I want a certain effect or to remove vocals), and I guess it's not bad overall, I just don't really like it.

It's free and easy to use at least.

Most of the time, I use Garage Band. It feels so smooth... It's way better to me! And it came with my Mac! :P
Purr~

Tekner

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 21, 01:23:05
I use Audacity sometimes (When I want a certain effect or to remove vocals), and I guess it's not bad overall, I just don't really like it.

It's free and easy to use at least.

Most of the time, I use Garage Band. It feels so smooth... It's way better to me! And it came with my Mac! :P
It's not fair to compare Audacity to GB because they serve very different purposes. Audacity is for audio editing and fine tuning, while GB is for audio generation and consolidation. All GB can do is apply global effects to tracks, do very minor splicing modification of the track(s) as a whole, and add midi instrumentals. Audacity is for fine-tuning everything you put together to make the final product.

Julius

That's just... How I feel about it man. X3

I understand what you're saying though, and when you put it like that, I agree.
Purr~

Tiger

But isn't audacity an audio track changer or something? To change the pitch?

What I want is a program that COMBINES tracks...

Julius

Combining tracks, as in mixing two into one? (Don't mind me, I'm just waking up).

I know for sure GarageBand lets you do that, and you should be able to do it with Audacity as well. :)

Audacity isn't just to change the pitch, silly Tiger, you can do many different things with it. You should watch a tutorial! ^-^
Purr~

Tekner

Audacity is also open-source and runs on all operating systems, while GarageBand is proprietary and only comes with Mac. Unless Mac what you use and have GB installed already, get audacity. It'll have all the tools you need and more.
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 21, 14:39:13
That's just... How I feel about it man. X3
I know. I phrased it like that to more concisely answer Tiger's question, not as a bash against you. Sorry if my intentions were unclear.

Julius

It's alright. The more I learn, the better. I'm really interested about this stuff, now that I'm recording regularly and getting better equipment for you guys. I enjoy doing it! ^-^

I'll properly read into what I can do with both programs sometime soon when I have the time to do so.

Also, Tekner since you're here, go sing some more! lol
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 22, 01:24:13
But isn't audacity an audio track changer or something? To change the pitch?

What I want is a program that COMBINES tracks...

Audacity can do both.  You can add/change effects like changing speed/tempo/pitch etc, but you can also import multiple tracks, sync them and export the whole project as one mp3 or wav file.

That's how I do my multivoiced LCS covers.  Sync all my vocals and export the project.

Ironfire

2012 Nov 23, 04:08:00 #11 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 23, 04:10:42 by Ironfire
Heh. Am I the only one who uses FL Studio? I use audacity for recording samples etc. but not much else because most everything else I would ever want to do I just do in fruity loops. If you're serious about getting into music production I Highly recommend getting the trial and playing around with it. It is pro quality but still holds some of its user friendly-ness. Not to mention the asio drivers that come with it sound a whole lot better than most standard computer sound drivers. Deff a great DAW for its money.

And I've started making this with it!
http://m.soundcloud.com/ironfire/assertive-fluttershy-boring
Audio guy, self taught musician, mlp fan.
For tunes, check out my soundcloud!
www.soundcloud.com/ironfire

Julius

How much is FL Studio?

I'm not getting it right now, as it's not needed at the moment. But I'm interested in getting it at some point. I know a lot of people use it.
Purr~

RoseluckSerendipity

Hang on, so what is the difference between personal text and signature?

You know what this means... Time for TRIAL AND ERROR!

Julius

Purr~

~Durpy

I use wavepad and FL studio. But I'm using flstudio more with the built in edison recorder. And I pretty much use flstudio for anything, including sfx
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Tiger

I tried using audacity to open up the BG music of Failure Or Success Reprise. It says mp4 is too "COMPLICATED" for it and it wants a WAV file. How the heck do I do that.

Quote from: ~Durpy on 2012 Nov 23, 11:36:01
I use wavepad and FL studio. But I'm using flstudio more with the built in edison recorder. And I pretty much use flstudio for anything, including sfx

Are they free?

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Nov 26, 18:13:48 #17 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 26, 18:19:11 by LaptopCommandStation
MP4 is a video file.  You need to convert that file to an MP3 or WAV file for it to work in audacity.

If I had the file i'd do it for you.

Or, post a youtube video link and i'll get it for you

~Durpy

Programs I use are not free, sorry
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Ironfire

Mp4 can be both an audio and a video file depending on the codec. All of iTunes is a form of mp4, but they call it an m4a. But they're not too hard to convert to mp3.
Audio guy, self taught musician, mlp fan.
For tunes, check out my soundcloud!
www.soundcloud.com/ironfire

Go Up