How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Well, I'm a very curious guy. I was online one day and I noticed how a lot of pony-related stuff started to show up, everywhere!

Then, at night, I thought "There must be a reason for old people to like this so much, so why not?"

When I saw the intro I was laughing my muffins off because of how girly it was! But I kept telling myself, "There MUST be a reason!"

So I made it past the intro and I was reminded of the beggining of Wind Waker, which I loved. Then I saw Twilight, and I laughed again. It was so silly! "What did people see on these ponies that was so good?"

"Oh... That's interesting" I thought, when Twilight noticed the comeback of Nightmare Moon. I felt the story was intense already, and those were only the first couple of minutes. I had to watch the whole thing.

So I did, laughing at how silly it was - Puns and everything - Excited because of the story, loving the different characters, enjoying the awesomeness!

And OH that cliffhanger! I just HAD to watch more. And more. And MORE!  ovO

I just loved it and enjoyed it, laughing along the way. I didn't stop there, I kept watching several episodes that night. Then i started watching several more every night (This was little over a month ago I think, perhaps less than a month ago).

After I finished watching them all, I was sad it was over untill the start of season 3 (At that point, I had read MLP's Wiki), so I decided to look for more. I found out about EQD and the EverFree radio. That's when I was introduced to MandoPony's music, which I absolutely loved!

I started passively checking EQD untill I found about the voice acting auditions for Legends of Equestria and Fighting Is Magic.

Now I'm a brony, little over a month (Maybe less) after watching the first episode. Now I want to buy a lot of clothing (I need about a thousand dollars just to buy them all lol), I check sites like EQD and these forums daily on my iPhone, and I've downloaded a lot of music, not only from the show, but also from this community's amazingly talented artists.

Slowly becoming open about it. I don't mind if I'm seen watching something pony-related, I told my cousin about it and I will sometime apply that awesome Everypony theme I downloaded for my iPhone. I may buy the There's A Pony For That case too!  :]

Thanks for taking your time to read my story, if you made it this far please go ahead and Smile! And just for you, Brohoof.  :)
Purr~

Stitchin Time

Nonnavlis

I became a brony by natural progression. I've been into ponies since G1, and I've just kept on riding the train XD.

Firefly

2012 Aug 13, 20:58:01 #103 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 15, 22:26:42 by Firefly
Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 13, 20:36:07
It's simple, I was born.

LOL  lol

I can't exactly remember how I became one  :I

though I'm pretty sure that MLP FiM was just one of the few cartoons that I get really obssessed with after coming upon it on one fateful day when I was bored :P

Yeah I'm a secret brony pegasister even now XDD but I'm open to other brony/pegasister fans  X3
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

LaptopCommandStation

I friend of mine online showed me a PMV(I remember exactly which one, but it's....Wutang, so imma not post it), and I was curious how the show really was.

The rest is history, although I haven't really talked about ponies at all until these forums, i've been a brony in secret since last october.

Lord of Madness

Blade The Protector

I remember seeing a bunch of jokes and other stuff mentioning the show on webcomics.  So I finaly decided to check it out and see what the fuss was about.  i couldn't believe how good it actualy was.  I instantly fell in love with the show.
Long Live Equestria!

LaptopCommandStation

Seeing this show instantly reminded me of childhood shoes from the 90's.  You know, when cartoon TV programming was actually decent/had morals.  I think that ALONE made me love the show at first, knowing there are people out there who can still provide shows like this, 20 years later.

Star Striker

Browsing "Know Your Meme" One day I noticed a new MLP page. Devoid of much aside from reaction images and a written blurb of the show and how it became meme status.

So I was like
"Whoawhoawhoa this can't possibly be true, surely this is just some horrible trolling joke going off it's rocker again."
So I watched the first episode. I was like
"Alright, so, that was pretty neat. I'll just... click.... into this... next episode..."
Shared the video with some friends, and uhh now four of my friends are converted bronies. yupyup.

Doomguy

2012 Aug 28, 02:04:25 #109 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 28, 04:01:44 by Doomguy
SIT DOWN, KIDS! IT'S STORY TIME! >:O

Back in the olden days (Early 2011) I used to frequent 4chan, and I was seeing a whole bunch of pony stuff on /b/ and /co/.  There were people posting pony stuff everywhere and it eventually got to the point where the mods would ban you for posting ponies, giving birth to the mods are asleep post ponies meme. I thought it was a joke.

Let's dip into summer. I was just chilling out in a chatroom on deviantArt when someone was going on about ponies, thinking he was either a troll or a very easy target, I decided to say that ponies were for little girls. We got into an argument and the guy told me to watch an episode; So I did. For 2 minutes. And I thought it sucked and was like some stupid wanna-be anime reboot of an old franchise nobody cared about with a plot that looked like it was going to be one big story the way it played out. And then came the plethora of memes and '/b/ronies'.

I tried to resist, the memes were funny and the fan content was really good and I tried to avoid it like it was a zombie virus, and I was doing a good job of it too. Skip to mid-august, one of my non-brony friends links me to the pony creator and tells me to create a pony with the pony creator. So I created one and  I liked what I did. Later that evening, I decided to turn on an episode of MLP:FiM as hesitant as I was... And then I watched episode two... Hey, this is pretty decent, maybe I'll flick on episode three and see how it plays out... alright, after episode six I'm going to bed... Holy bajeebus it's five in the morning and I'm about to click episode eleven. There goes my sleeping schedule.

Once School started, I kept the brony thing to myself since most of my friends there were hoods and that wasn't something you wanna tell your hood buddies. When I officially became a brony, I spent my nights listening to brony music, watching the show, reading the fanfiction, the pmv's, all of it. I had become... A BRONY! Happened literally overnight I hated the fact I became a brony, but I accepted it quickly. And now I'm happier than I've ever been, I slept through school most of the time, I only had two classes left to complete school so I took the classes online to allow myself to pony pony 24/7. Becoming a brony helped me become a better person all around. And I still got my diploma if you ask.

tl;dr, Found it on 4chan, resistance was futile, the addiction messed with my education but gave me enightenment.

:3

Princess_Luna

memes started to pop up and i knew a brony and thought "he is ill or gay" and when i turned on the TV. the channle was stuck on the hub and EP.1 was starting so i wached it and loved it! i take back all the bad things i said when i was a anti-pony  >.< i say sorry to everypony  >A<
Rub some bacon on it.

Little Star

My friend told me about it and I was like  :l Its a little girl show. You are soooooo gay. So I was forced to watch one episode. I watched it and was like  >:/ I um.... will see how it ends..... Then I watched the two seasons in one night.
THERE!

Chishio Kunrin

I wonder how many people on this forum were open-minded like me? Though, I wasn't completely open-minded. X3 Like I've said before, when I found out about bronies, I thought it was weird, and I thought that they were weird.

However, unlike a lot of people, I didn't automatically assume it had to do with the people, for some reason. I don't know why I didn't come to that assumption. Instead, my blame was directed at the show.

"What is it about this show that all these guys like? So weird. Do they really like it, or is it actually that good? Eh... I've got nothing else to do, so I guess I'll see what the hype is all about."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 02, 11:13:37
I wonder how many people on this forum were open-minded like me? Though, I wasn't completely open-minded. X3 Like I've said before, when I found out about bronies, I thought it was weird, and I thought that they were weird.

However, unlike a lot of people, I didn't automatically assume it had to do with the people, for some reason. I don't know why I didn't come to that assumption. Instead, my blame was directed at the show.

"What is it about this show that all these guys like? So weird. Do they really like it, or is it actually that good? Eh... I've got nothing else to do, so I guess I'll see what the hype is all about."
I was 10000% open minded about it.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 02, 11:13:37
I wonder how many people on this forum were open-minded like me?

Nope, booze was needed.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

TCDubstep

WARNING: This storyis long andtyped without a proper spacebar so try to stay with me as i try to put spaces between my words.

Anyways my story seems like pure luck  and chance to me.
It all started in I think  2008 when one of my friendsshowed me a game called Blockland. But im not going to go into much detail other than that. In Febuary 2010 I discovered  minecraft, and to this day that is one of my favoriate games.

I over-played minecraft andgot bored when i disscovered Terraria.

I played my guts on this game, im just say i have put 600 hours into that game. But anywho, I was on Terraria Online, the fourm over there I saw quite a few people with ponies in their sig's. I didn't care, its the internet, your gonna see weird stuff I told myself.

About one week later i stayed the night at my grandmothers house to helpher babysit in the morning. I was bored but I couldnt go to sleep, so I got on TO on my phone to pass the time. I and then i got bored of that. Then I read the MLP topic and decided watch the show to pass the time.

So I watched episode 1, then 2, then 3, and marathoned the whole series in one night. Speaking of that I even remember the day I became a brony, 9-20-11. There is one reason I remember that date, it's my birthday.

SapphirePony

The day MLP:FiM came out, I was going to watch it just to see really what it was about, at that time I was watching lots of little kid shows.. I guess it was a phase where I'd watch lots of little kid shows... plus I watched a lot on the hub  X3 So I watched it... I fell in love with it instantly, and that's how I became a brony pegasister. And I just feel like telling you about how my friend became a brony, because she doesn't know about this yet. I. Forced. Her. To. Join. The. Herd.  ovO

Vertigo

I never heard of my little pony my whole like I was bored and I liked horses and so I got a really bad first impresstion on Rainbow in fall weather friends the first episode I watched(it took a year but I like RD now). But I thougt the show was dumb before I watched it I admitted I liked it like rainbow admitted she liked reading. My dad came in the house. I was not watching my little pony!!! I dident want him to know cause he makes fun of me and now he knows I it like and he doesnt make.fun of.me but ponies still made my life worse and better somewhat happy ending

CometSwirl1

I was really confused about why people loved the show so i sat down and watched some episodes one night and, voila. ^-^

MurphyMcFiddle

Ah,questions that start with ''how'',the quintessence of knowledge gaining...My little brother forced me into his room on a stormy night because he was scared,then since we had nothing to do we turned on the tv,MLP was playing and it was instant love!Awkward,but instant bronyfication!I ain't even a bit ashamed...
X3

Go Up