Started by Rarity Rose, 2013 Aug 19, 03:31:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Blue

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Jan 03, 20:04:39
Yeah that's right pony space marines.

SPESS MAREENS WE ARE TEH PRINSESSEZ FUREH!  ovO

Macremae

I think it would be set in the future, but still with a fantasy element. The ponies would be drawn in a thin, sleek style, or Kwai

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Macremae on 2014 Jun 17, 10:01:37
I think it would be set in the future, but still with a fantasy element. The ponies would be drawn in a thin, sleek style, or Kwai

Exactly what I was thinking :3

Dream Bolt

Here's what I see....

Hasbro wouldn't want to take the risk of trying something totally new and unpredictable, because they wouldn't want to lose either the bronies or their original audience of young girls. So what we'll see is this...

Hasbro will make G5 a spin-off of G4. It will use characters they already know are popular, like Vinyl Scratch, Lyra, and the like, because they will be fresh and new, but without the risk of losing Hasbro any viewers, (and more importantly, buyers.) It will be in computer animation, because everything is turning into computer animation nowadays.
And the rest strongly depends upon if they make the right decision and keep the original creative team, or decide that if it ain't broke, DO try and fix it, and make everything flop like a Slinky down the stairs of a mountaintop Buddhist monastery. :I

Bro1997

I'm certain it'll probably be in 3D models since G5 animation will probably be made in a similar fashion to Filly Funtasia.

Naura

Quote from: Dream Bolt on 2014 Jul 30, 00:35:36
Here's what I see....

Hasbro wouldn't want to take the risk of trying something totally new and unpredictable, because they wouldn't want to lose either the bronies or their original audience of young girls. So what we'll see is this...

Hasbro will make G5 a spin-off of G4. It will use characters they already know are popular, like Vinyl Scratch, Lyra, and the like, because they will be fresh and new, but without the risk of losing Hasbro any viewers, (and more importantly, buyers.) It will be in computer animation, because everything is turning into computer animation nowadays.
And the rest strongly depends upon if they make the right decision and keep the original creative team, or decide that if it ain't broke, DO try and fix it, and make everything flop like a Slinky down the stairs of a mountaintop Buddhist monastery. :I

Is this true or an idea?
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Night Pony

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jul 31, 01:17:41
Is this true or an idea?

Idea.

You bronies and thinking you're the center of attention. Hasbro doesn't care about keeping the adult audience. Their main focus was and always have been little girls. So when G4 ends and G5 is made, they will make it for little girls without considering for the bonus adult fans.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Bro1997

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 31, 02:39:04
Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jul 31, 01:17:41
Is this true or an idea?

Idea.

You bronies and thinking you're the center of attention. Hasbro doesn't care about keeping the adult audience. Their main focus was and always have been little girls. So when G4 ends and G5 is made, they will make it for little girls without considering for the bonus adult fans.

You are right about this. Ponies have always been something that has been aimed at little girls between the ages of 2 and 11 since pony books became popular in the 1920s. This is what started this whole mess about ponies being for little girls. I wish that ponies would be something boys would like, but they don't seem to appreciate them since society has brainwashed them into liking stuff like transformers. Hasbro has to deal with their traditional demographic for MLP or face the fact that the franchise will be completely done and they go out of business. I hope one day that ponies will be something both genders will enjoy, but that will be hard considering 90 years of segregation between both genders like the colors pink and blue.

Night Pony

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Jul 31, 11:35:01
You are right about this. Ponies have always been something that has been aimed at little girls between the ages of 2 and 11 since pony books became popular in the 1920s. This is what started this whole mess about ponies being for little girls. I wish that ponies would be something boys would like, but they don't seem to appreciate them since society has brainwashed them into liking stuff like transformers. Hasbro has to deal with their traditional demographic for MLP or face the fact that the franchise will be completely done and they go out of business. I hope one day that ponies will be something both genders will enjoy, but that will be hard considering 90 years of segregation between both genders like the colors pink and blue.

What's wrong in liking transformers?  :/
I'll have you know it's a good franchise despite having some terrible games and all explosion type of movies.

Also both genders are enjoying MLP today.

Bro1997

2014 Jul 31, 11:44:23 #69 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 23, 02:12:47 by Pipkin
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 31, 11:38:23
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Jul 31, 11:35:01

What's wrong in liking transformers?  :/
I'll have you know it's a good franchise despite having some terrible games and all explosion type of movies.

Also both genders are enjoying MLP today.

I'm sorry. I never just had any interest in most toy brands for boys excluding hot wheels when I was little. I tend to be a girly-boy at times which is why I like other generations now of MLP except G2 which probably sucked. I'm just telling you that just because MLP is being enjoyed by both genders today doesn't mean it'll stay that way. Keep in mind that in Europe, Hasbro has to deal with the more popular Filly brand which is actually liked by girls only. Again, I'm sorry but I have no interest in transformers but respect your interests in it.  ^-^

Post Merge

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Aug 19, 18:21:51
I really don't know. Assuming "they" is the same crew for FIM, it should be good. If not then I wouldn't know what to expect.

I can't imagine the current crew for FIM will stay for G5. G5 might not even have any cartoon at all! It won't even begin until maybe the later part of 2019 considering Hasbro added 5 more years to G4's life and that G3.5 merchandise was still being sold in stores as late as 2011.

Post Merge

Quote from: VioletKnight on 2014 Jan 05, 15:15:39
To differentiate it from G4, they should focus on fantasy and story arcs. Maybe have humans from "our world" come to pony land and help them, like in G1.

That would be nice. I could see a G5 cartoon being similar in fashion to the 1986 cartoon. Although it probably will be in CGI animation.

Post Merge

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 05, 21:58:32
There already is one...

That's actually Filly Funtasia which is a CGI animated cartoon based upon the Filly toy series from Dracco. It mainly exists in Germany, Central Europe, and Russia and is MLP's major competitor in the European market. It won't show it's first episode until 2015 and by the looks of the trailer I don't think it'll be that bad.

Post Merge

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 13, 08:44:04
Dude, get real, that's just the result of cable networks catering to the target audience. Shows like Ben 10 may not appeal well to us, but generation Z loves it. My parents were baby boomers, and they always hated the cartoons I watched in the 90s. The same cartoons that people in my generation remember as the golden age of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Times change, different generations like different things. New age cartoons are not inherently good nor bad, it's just what generation Z likes. I wonder if generation Y knows how old and cranky the sound when they rant about how bad recent cartoons are by their taste. "Them kids these days don't know what real cartoons are!"

So why does FiM appeal so well to generation Y? Simple: Lauren Faust. She worked on the likes of shows like Powerpuff Girls and Foster's, which were popular during out childhood, and brought the same feel of those shows to FiM. Were it not for Faust, I guarantee you the brony community would never have existed.

TLDR: Different generations like different things. It's pretty egocentric of generation Y'ers to think cable networks should cater to our tastes, rather than the current generation of children.

It's true. If everything was kept the same as it was in the 1960's, I can prove to you that it will become boring. Changes may not be so nice, but that's life and its the only way to keep things in this world of ours fresh.

Post Merge

Quote from: Rarity Rose on 2013 Aug 19, 03:31:33
so if they made a generation 5 of my little pony, how would you react. What do you think the new ponies would look like? (i know this is really pointless and has already been asked before sorry  DD: )

It won't really matter now because it won't be until 2019 that G5 would come out. Heck, G4 might even surpass it if it's still popular in the next couple of years as in G4 will go into the 2020s. Chances of that happening are very slim though considering the generation will already be ten by 2020 and fifteen if it makes it to 2025! I'm sure by then that G5 will be in service.

What if G5 was like this:
Spoiler: show

An animation design that was used in MLP FIM, but is different. I think they call it bbbff or chibi design, but I'm not sure. Some other animation style that Faust created though. It would be a simple design, yet very cute.

Mod note-Posts merged.  Please try to avoid double posting, use edit if you can, thanks :)

Night Pony

If that's the case then it would be the same as the old and new Powerpuff girls.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 24, 19:51:18 #71 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 25, 05:01:53 by Ryo_D_Disk
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 23, 01:58:02
If that's the case then it would be the same as the old and new Powerpuff girls.

Is that a bad thing? Still is a different design! However, I think that 3D is going to be used for G5 and beyond. At least for future cartoon shows after FIM and EQG is cancelled. I don't think that the bbbf design will be used. Can't imagine how it could be.

AaronMk

Gen 5 will be the Generation of Anon-in-Equestria.

All your self-insert horrors will come true.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Ryo_D_Disk

Please keep posts on topic, if you have any questions or issues concerning the rules, you are welcome to contact the Moderation team with these concerns, however these issues should not be appearing on others threads with no relevance to the topic at hand. It's general politeness to the thread creator and to those interested in the subject of the topic itself

Ryo D Disk

Bro1997

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 Aug 25, 05:03:58
Please keep posts on topic, if you have any questions or issues concerning the rules, you are welcome to contact the Moderation team with these concerns, however these issues should not be appearing on others threads with no relevance to the topic at hand. It's general politeness to the thread creator and to those interested in the subject of the topic itself

Ryo D Disk

Well, I'm so sorry that I broke the rules. I don't remember going off-topic on this thread though. And how do I contact the Moderation team?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 25, 20:00:41
And how do I contact the Moderation team?

By PMing them.

Go Up