Snow dash ( My new OC )

Started by Snowy, 2012 Aug 18, 11:26:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

2012 Aug 18, 11:26:00 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 28, 10:01:28 by Snowy
Name: Snow dash ( friends call her snowy )

Race: Pegasus

Appearance: Light blue hair, with light purple streak ( same with tail ), light blue coat, light blue eyes, and light purple  hoofs. Wings sparkle.

Cutie Mark: Snowflake

Talent: She can breath ice. Dragons can breath fire.... Snow dash can breath snow\ice. She can also tell the story of each snowflake droping down from the clouds. She can make a snow storm when shes mad\wings glow when shes upset as well.

Fears: Falling form high places.

Backstory: Snow dash didn't live in Cloudsdale like other pegasi. She lived in the cold mountians with her family for a very long time. None of her family memembers knew how to fly,she hated it . She always longed to fly. One day, she followed some birds to their nest on  the edge of the mountian. The birds where teaching the babies how to fly. She watched closly by a rock. They droped one by one, a few seconds later flapping up in the air. When they where all out, Snow dash wanted to try too. She go up, She jumped off the edge. She tried flapping her winds, but, she was still a young filly and her wings were still weak. She fell 100 feet down into a large pail of snow. She was shaken but wasn't hurt ( amazingly ). She felt happy for once in her life. She felt like she belonged. She hated being in the house, being tought everything by her parents. She played in the snow for hours, untill she stumbled into a hole. Down the hole, was an untouched pile of snow. A light shined over it, it sparkled softly. Something about it made her wonder. She slowly walked to it. She touched it with her hoof. As soon as she did that, images of snowflakes of every size came to her her. After a while, she passed out. An hour later, she got up. Instead of the blank flank she used to have, there was a large cutie mark of a beautiful snowflake. She noticed something heavy on her sides. It was her fully grown, wings. They sparkled in the light. She flew out of the hole, and back to her family. After awhile, she found her newly found power... snow\ice breathing. Ever since the "accident" she felt connected snowflakes, and hated it when it melt. She also found another love.. swimming.

Personality: Snow dash is very nice. She can easily make friends. But sometimes, some ponies think she can be rather cold. She is sweet, and is lots of fun. She is helpful and caring.

Power: Make snow storms at will, breathing ice, and when shes mad, her wings start to glow, can turn things into ice. Shes a lot lighter then other ponies due to her being the "Guardian" of snow.

Likes: Snow, flying ( really fast ) story telling, writing, water, mud, having friends.

Dislikes: Heat, falling.

strengths: Snow, ice

weaknesses: The day of the changlings. She wasn't there and couldn't help out. It haunts her. Heat, not trusting other ponies, falling.

Now: She lives in Cloudsdale, but spends most of her time in Ponyville. She moved just a few weeks ago, and would like to make friends. She works in a cafe, But wishes to leave to become something more then just a cafe worker. She also has a pet snow leopard. She now has only few friends but still wishes to make more.

Thats my OC everyone! I'll be roleplaying with her mostly all the time :D! Oh, before i forget... I'm new here as you can see.... and, almost everyone here has pictures for their profile and OC's and stuff... I need help :D PM me if you know how ... if you like my OC, friend me please  :D

cutie mark

what she looks like

((Thanks everyone for the pictures ^-^))

Fudgemuffin

You can use the Pony Creator to make your OC. Although, I recommend creating your OC out of the creator. ^-^

Snowy

Fudgemuffin

You're welcome. You can also use sites such as Photobucket and Imgur to upload images too. :)

Stitchin Time

An adorable OC! I like her very much.

Snowy

Yeah... I think im gonna go with the out of creator. I'd draw my OC but I cant really draw... I'm sure i'll find something

Fudgemuffin

Okay then. I wish you luck with your OC. ^-^

Snowy

Ok, so, I worked all day trying to find some type of way to show you my pony...I tried pony creator... that didn't work, and, i'm trying a painting-thingy to draw my pony... if i cant draw my pony, or find some random, magical, type of thing to either download or draw my pony, you guys are just gonna have to wait for the game to open to see her :c If you have any ideas , or suggestions about what to do... tell me.  I'll add my 2 other OC's tomorrow, or... something. But soon, i'll join the roleplay, "jump in" forums soon  :D Maybe starting tomorrow if i cant find any type of way to show my pony. SOOO see you in the forums everypony  ;)

Stitchin Time

You can describe her mane style and such, and I can make you a pencil sketch.

Snowy

Thanks  ^-^ That would mean a lot to me! I'm bad at describing things, so, i'll try my best. 

Her mane style is pretty much like princess Luna's mane... just  a little lighter.... ( i couldn't find a better mane for her other then that... I know, its not original lol )

her tail style ( if you need it ) is bases off her rainbow dash's style ... I know, that's not original either. Her tail isn't in rainbow colors its just light blue :D I understand if you can really get a picture of what im saying, but its ok  X3 But anyway, i'm alot better with original stories then mane styles and such. But thanks again!

Stitchin Time

Gracie Sky

A really nice OC. I really like her connection to snow, though.

The only thing I don't agree with is the Ice Breathing. I won't go into an explanation, unless you want one.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Snowy

I would love to hear it. I was reading her backstory and stuff over again, and well, I thought I should change some things anyway. I guess to make her more suitable for roleplay  ^-^  I was also thinking about how the " breathing snow\ice " thing would work out... I'll add more talents\powers on too.

Gracie Sky

Well, to be frank, the thing about breathing out Ice and making blizzards from anger are that they are too... violent. In Equestria, ponies tend not to use their special talents with the intention of causing harm, even if in self defense.

Consider the mane 6, they are extremely exceptional as far as ponies go, but none of them used their special talents to injure something. Sure they've harmed some things by kicking them with their hooves, but kicking things is not a special talent, it's just what ponies do. Besides, physical violence has never actually worked, as proven in every occasion where it has been used to date.

When self defense was needed by the mane 6, their talents were used to pacify the threat. Fluttershy did this on the dragon, manticore, and cockatrice. Twilight Sparkle did this to the Ursa Minor. Rarity did this with the Diamond Dogs. In fact, if they CAN'T pacify a threat, like the teenage drakes, they simply opted to run. Ponies have never specialized in attacking.

Back to your OC, if you want to keep her powers over snow, I would suggest that you have it stray away from being used for offensive purposes. I realize a lot of other pony OCs are more like something I'd expect out of Xmen with swords and guns and heat rays and unstable transformations... but it pains me whenever I see this. This strays from the ideals promoted by the show, you know, love and tolerance. I would just ask you to find a "friendlier" way to put her special talent.

If you want my final piece of advice, I would limit her talent to reading snowflakes. I love the idea of it. It's one of the most imaginative and original abilities I've seen in a long time, especially considering how no two snowflakes are the same. In fact, I wish I had thought of that idea myself, it's a completely unexplored world! I definitely recommend you focus on this idea and possibly expand on it.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Stitchin Time

Snowy

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 27, 14:49:42

Thanks  O: Its so pretty! I couldn't nearly do something so good as that. Mine would come out like a blob or something  lol thanks!

Go Up