The Nonary Game (Closed Sign-Up "Thriller")

Started by Chromastone64, 2016 Oct 16, 14:27:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

2016 Oct 17, 19:56:56 #60 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 17, 19:59:35 by Jcfraven
Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 19:52:11
Sparkle blushed a bit at the sudden embrace, unsure what to do for a moment.  "Uh, th-thanks..."  She stammers, returning the gesture.  Raven seemed to be the nicest pony here as far as she could tell.  She was glad to know that not everypony was hostile here.

Opal couldn't help but watch the two ponies embracing, finding it rather sweet that the two seemed to care for eachother so much in spite of only having just met.  Although she forced herself to have an ice cold expression, she secretly found romance between ponies to be absolutely adorable.  Quickly shaking it off, she refocused on her task.  The strange bunny had said to get to know everyone.  And although she despised socializing with others, she had a sense that this would be an important part of winning.

Scanning the room for somepony to talk to, her first thought was to speak with Iron, but he seemed to be busy at the moment.  So instead, she headed towards the only changeling here.  She wasn't the best at small talk, but it was worth a shot.  "...Hello," she said stiffly, still holding her cold expression.  ...She wasn't really sure where to go from here with the conversation.

To Sparkle:
Raven smiles at her. "You are welcome," He says. "If I may ask, Sparkle, what do you do outside of here?" He inquires.

To Opal:
Lunar, seeing the approaching pony, and hearing her speak, realizes even more the poor art of conversation in the mare. Smiling at her, Lunar writes in the air with her magic 'Hello to you as well. I do not believe I caught your name?'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 19:56:56
To Sparkle:
Raven smiles at her. "You are welcome," He says. "If I may ask, Sparkle, what do you do outside of here?" He inquires.

"I do some singing around Manehattan, but I'm a radio show host for my day job," She says, chuckling a little.  She had a lot of fun apprenticing for Rhythm N' Blues, as well as hosting her show, but what she really wanted was to join a swing band.

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 19:56:56
To Opal:
Lunar, seeing the approaching pony, and hearing her speak, realizes even more the poor art of conversation in the mare. Smiling at her, Lunar writes in the air with her magic 'Hello to you as well. I do not believe I caught your name?'

Opal smirked a little, holding back a chuckle of surprise.  Usually ponies didn't miss her loud introductions.  "I am the Ice Mage of the Crystal Mountains," she says, introducing herself once more.  "...But, considering the length of that title, I suppose you may call me Miss Mage, for short."  She added, unable to let go of her superior attitude.  She honestly hated nicknames, but she would have to tolerate them for now if she wanted to get anywhere.  Pausing for a moment, she took some time to calculate her next move.  She was pretty sure this was the part where she asked the other pony's name.  "Erm... I, do not believe I caught your name, either," she says, with large pauses in between her speech.  This conversation thing was harder than she remembered.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 20:13:22
"I do some singing around Manehattan, but I'm a radio show host for my day job," She says, chuckling a little.  She had a lot of fun apprenticing for Rhythm N' Blues, as well as hosting her show, but what she really wanted was to join a swing band.

Opal smirked a little, holding back a chuckle of surprise.  Usually ponies didn't miss her loud introductions.  "I am the Ice Mage of the Crystal Mountains," she says, introducing herself once more.  "...But, considering the length of that title, I suppose you may call me Miss Mage, for short."  She added, unable to let go of her superior attitude.  She honestly hated nicknames, but she would have to tolerate them for now if she wanted to get anywhere.  Pausing for a moment, she took some time to calculate her next move.  She was pretty sure this was the part where she asked the other pony's name.  "Erm... I, do not believe I caught your name, either," she says, with large pauses in between her speech.  This conversation thing was harder than she remembered.

Sparkle:
Hearing that, Raven is intrigued. "A singer? I would love to listen sometime," He replies.

Opal:
Lunar chuckles completely silently, and writes again in the air, sticking her hoof out: 'Lunar Sonata. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mage.'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:25:13
Sparkle:
Hearing that, Raven is intrigued. "A singer? I would love to listen sometime," He replies.

"Eheh, thanks..." She says, smiling sheepishly.  "S-so, uh, what kind of stuff do you like to do?" She asks, trying to keep the conversation going.

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:25:13
Opal:
Lunar chuckles completely silently, and writes again in the air, sticking her hoof out: 'Lunar Sonata. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mage.'

"Erm, nice to meet you, too," Opal says stiffly, taking a moment to actually realize that she was supposed to engage in the pony custom of the 'hoof shake.'  Hesitantly, she takes Lunar's hoof and shakes it, her motions just as stiff and awkward as her voice.  She sincerely hoped nopony was watching her right now.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 20:30:01
"Eheh, thanks..." She says, smiling sheepishly.  "S-so, uh, what kind of stuff do you like to do?" She asks, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Erm, nice to meet you, too," Opal says stiffly, taking a moment to actually realize that she was supposed to engage in the pony custom of the 'hoof shake.'  Hesitantly, she takes Lunar's hoof and shakes it, her motions just as stiff and awkward as her voice.  She sincerely hoped nopony was watching her right now.

Sparkle:
"I am a missionary, that takes up the majority of my time. Otherwise, I tend to read and write," Raven says in response.

Opal:
Seeing the awkwardness of her communication, she gives a knowing smile, and hides her air text so that only Opal could see, pointing to her inaudible mouth: 'I can tell you are new to this. Believe me, I know how that feels.'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:40:39
Sparkle:
"I am a missionary, that takes up the majority of my time. Otherwise, I tend to read and write," Raven says in response.

"That's cool!" Sparkle replies cheerily, giving a bright smile.  Talking with Raven had helped her calm down quite a bit, and take her mind of the situation.

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:40:39
Opal:
Seeing the awkwardness of her communication, she gives a knowing smile, and hides her air text so that only Opal could see, pointing to her inaudible mouth: 'I can tell you are new to this. Believe me, I know how that feels.'

Opal blinked, her expression softening a little.  She felt... strange, knowing someone seemed to understand her.  "Um, t-thank you.  F-for, understanding," she stammered, unsure of what to say.  She wasn't sure how to react at this point.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 20:44:55
"That's cool!" Sparkle replies cheerily, giving a bright smile.  Talking with Raven had helped her calm down quite a bit, and take her mind of the situation.

Opal blinked, her expression softening a little.  She felt... strange, knowing someone seemed to understand her.  "Um, t-thank you.  F-for, understanding," she stammered, unsure of what to say.  She wasn't sure how to react at this point.

Sparkle:
"Glad you think so. The opposition tends to be pretty strong usually. Perhaps I can show you my main base of operations, later on," He explains, smiling back at her in kind.

Opal:
Lunar smiles at her, and writes: 'I can tell you and I were just alike. I know how important it is to have somepony to whom you can confide in, who understands who you are. If you would like, I would be fine with being that pony.

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:54:05
Sparkle:
"Glad you think so. The opposition tends to be pretty strong usually. Perhaps I can show you my main base of operations, later on," He explains, smiling back at her in kind.

"That sounds amazing, thanks!" Sparkle said cheerily.  "So.. Why do you think that weird bunny's boss brought everyone here?  And why specifically us?"  She asks, looking puzzled.  She knew Raven didn't have the answer, but it was fun to speculate.

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 20:54:05
Opal:
Lunar smiles at her, and writes: 'I can tell you and I were just alike. I know how important it is to have somepony to whom you can confide in, who understands who you are. If you would like, I would be fine with being that pony.

Opal blushed a little, looking away for a moment.  That did sound kind of nice... "Thank you," She says, simply nodding.  She was shocked that this pony was so willing to trust her.  Normally ponies ran in fear when they saw her.  But then again, there wasn't really anywhere to run.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 20:58:55
"That sounds amazing, thanks!" Sparkle said cheerily.  "So.. Why do you think that weird bunny's boss brought everyone here?  And why specifically us?"  She asks, looking puzzled.  She knew Raven didn't have the answer, but it was fun to speculate.

Opal blushed a little, looking away for a moment.  That did sound kind of nice... "Thank you," She says, simply nodding.  She was shocked that this pony was so willing to trust her.  Normally ponies ran in fear when they saw her.  But then again, there wasn't really anywhere to run.

Sparkle:
"We must all have some sort of connection, I would imagine. In what way though, I have no clue," Raven replies, thinking about the topic in question, and looking at the other doors connected to the room. "I wonder what those other doors are," He comments.

Opal:
Lunar writes: 'You are welcome. To jump onto another conversation, I noticed you were rather..clingy with that mare, of whom that stallion appears to fancy. May I ask why?'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 21:03:18
Sparkle:
"We must all have some sort of connection, I would imagine. In what way though, I have no clue," Raven replies, thinking about the topic in question, and looking at the other doors connected to the room. "I wonder what those other doors are," He comments.

"Hmm... Maybe they lead to other rooms?"  She suggests, looking over at the doors as well.  "Maybe we could go check them out!"

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 21:03:18
Opal:
Lunar writes: 'You are welcome. To jump onto another conversation, I noticed you were rather..clingy with that mare, of whom that stallion appears to fancy. May I ask why?'

"Um..." Opal mutters, now feeling a bit embarrassed for acting so loud and obnoxious earlier.  "...I don't actually know her, but she seemed docile, so I figured if I claimed to know her it would make me look nicer," She explained in a low whisper.  She couldn't have anyone else figuring out her secret.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 21:08:37
"Hmm... Maybe they lead to other rooms?"  She suggests, looking over at the doors as well.  "Maybe we could go check them out!"

"Um..." Opal mutters, now feeling a bit embarrassed for acting so loud and obnoxious earlier.  "...I don't actually know her, but she seemed docile, so I figured if I claimed to know her it would make me look nicer," She explained in a low whisper.  She couldn't have anyone else figuring out her secret.

Sparkle:
"Perhaps, and I agree. Let us go over to that one first, I guess," Raven says, pointing to the 'Rec Room' door.

Opal:
Lunar nods, and writes: 'That was not a bad plan, but, to be blunt: I do not think that worked out all that well for you.'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 21:28:24
Sparkle:
"Perhaps, and I agree. Let us go over to that one first, I guess," Raven says, pointing to the 'Rec Room' door.

"Okie dokie!" Sparkle nods, heading towards the door.  She wasn't really sure what would be behind it, but it sounded fun, considering it was labelled 'Rec Room.'

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 21:28:24
Opal:
Lunar nods, and writes: 'That was not a bad plan, but, to be blunt: I do not think that worked out all that well for you.'

Opal bit her lip, looking back over her shoulder.  "...I will admit, it didn't exactly go as I planned..." she said through gritted teeth.  Noticing that Sparkle was on the move, Opal glared at her, feeling the urge to follow.  "rrgh... I told her not to leave my sight!  Um, i-if you'll excuse me, I have to follow that mare," she says, turning back to Lunar for a moment.  "You may follow me if you wish," she added before running off.  A part of her felt bad for ending their conversation so soon, but she did not trust Sparkle nor her new admirer.  She wanted to keep an eye on her every move, just in case.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 21:44:59
"Okie dokie!" Sparkle nods, heading towards the door.  She wasn't really sure what would be behind it, but it sounded fun, considering it was labelled 'Rec Room.'

Opal bit her lip, looking back over her shoulder.  "...I will admit, it didn't exactly go as I planned..." she said through gritted teeth.  Noticing that Sparkle was on the move, Opal glared at her, feeling the urge to follow.  "rrgh... I told her not to leave my sight!  Um, i-if you'll excuse me, I have to follow that mare," she says, turning back to Lunar for a moment.  "You may follow me if you wish," she added before running off.  A part of her felt bad for ending their conversation so soon, but she did not trust Sparkle nor her new admirer.  She wanted to keep an eye on her every move, just in case.

Sparkle:
Chuckling at the silliness, Raven follows suit, noticing the mare from before coming in the same direction. "I believe your..acquaintance is coming back over," Raven tells her, trying not to sound cynical at that, and moving on from the prior ordeal.

Opal:
Lunar quickly writes to Opal's vision, before going the same way: 'Very well, I suppose I will come as well.'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 21:52:06
Sparkle:
Chuckling at the silliness, Raven follows suit, noticing the mare from before coming in the same direction. "I believe your..acquaintance is coming back over," Raven tells her, trying not to sound cynical at that, and moving on from the prior ordeal.

Sparkle gasps, suddenly freezing out of terror.  She had completely forgotten about The Ice Mage telling her to stay where she could see her!  Gulping, Sparkle held completely still, hoping she wouldn't be noticed.

uote author=Jcfraven link=topic=16285.msg1003870#msg1003870 date=1476755526]
Opal:
Lunar quickly writes to Opal's vision, before going the same way: 'Very well, I suppose I will come as well.'
[/quote]

Opal nodded back to Lunar before reaching Sparkle and Raven.  Glaring at the young mare, Opal stood behind her menacingly.  "You..." She said, her voice life a soft, cold winter breeze.  "I thought I told you not to leave my sight."  She said menacingly, getting closer to Sparkle at the last word.  Sparkle let out a tiny yelp, dropping to the ground and cowering. 

"Ah, i-i'm sorry!  I didn't mean, to, I.."

"ENOUGH!" She shouted, stomping her hoof in front of Sparkle.  Glancing back up at Raven for a moment just long enough to give him a menacing look as well.  "...I shall pardon your mistake for now, but you must never disobey my orders again.  Understood?"  She said, turning her attention back to Sparkle.  The poor mare simply nodded, ducking again out of fear.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 21:59:30
Sparkle gasps, suddenly freezing out of terror.  She had completely forgotten about The Ice Mage telling her to stay where she could see her!  Gulping, Sparkle held completely still, hoping she wouldn't be noticed.

uote author=Jcfraven link=topic=16285.msg1003870#msg1003870 date=1476755526]
Opal:

Opal nodded back to Lunar before reaching Sparkle and Raven.  Glaring at the young mare, Opal stood behind her menacingly.  "You..." She said, her voice life a soft, cold winter breeze.  "I thought I told you not to leave my sight."  She said menacingly, getting closer to Sparkle at the last word.  Sparkle let out a tiny yelp, dropping to the ground and cowering. 

"Ah, i-i'm sorry!  I didn't mean, to, I.."

"ENOUGH!" She shouted, stomping her hoof in front of Sparkle.  Glancing back up at Raven for a moment just long enough to give him a menacing look as well.  "...I shall pardon your mistake for now, but you must never disobey my orders again.  Understood?"  She said, turning her attention back to Sparkle.  The poor mare simply nodded, ducking again out of fear.

Lunar writes a message only to Opal, which reads: 'Calm down, you are making the same scene as earlier!'

Raven growls again, swallows, and says, while moving between her and Sparkle: "I still extend my hoof to civility, but I will not hesitate to personally ensure you stop causing this mare distress. I hope I make myself clear."

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 22:07:30
Lunar writes a message only to Opal, which reads: 'Calm down, you are making the same scene as earlier!'

Raven growls again, swallows, and says, while moving between her and Sparkle: "I still extend my hoof to civility, but I will not hesitate to personally ensure you stop causing this mare distress. I hope I make myself clear."

Opal scoffs at Raven, a confident smirk on her face. "It's awfully cute that you want to defend her, but I doubt a little colt like you could do anything against me," she says, rolling her eyes.  Noticing Lunar's message, her expression calms a bit however, and she turns back to Raven.  "...However... I assure you that I intend no harm..." she mutters through gritted teeth.  She honestly didn't want to cooperate with Raven, but if she wanted these ponies on her side, she would have to be civil. 

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 22:21:35
Opal scoffs at Raven, a confident smirk on her face. "It's awfully cute that you want to defend her, but I doubt a little colt like you could do anything against me," she says, rolling her eyes.  Noticing Lunar's message, her expression calms a bit however, and she turns back to Raven.  "...However... I assure you that I intend no harm..." she mutters through gritted teeth.  She honestly didn't want to cooperate with Raven, but if she wanted these ponies on her side, she would have to be civil.

"Perhaps not much, but I could do enough. Also, I suppose I will have to trust you on that, but I will be watching," He retorts, noticing the other mare.

"I do not think I have met you quite yet, what is your name?" He asks.

'I am Lunar Sonata. Please do not mind the mare, I do not believe she really intends any harm to that mare you fancy.' Lunar writes, hiding it from Sparkle, with a sly grin, to which Raven blushes and coughs at.

"I see. I appreciate that," He says, turning back to the other mares, trying to dismiss the painfully obvious blush on his grey fur. "So, the door. We should probably check if it is unlocked. With any luck, it might," He states to them, looking over the door in question for anything of potential problems.

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 22:31:39
"Perhaps not much, but I could do enough. Also, I suppose I will have to trust you on that, but I will be watching," He retorts, noticing the other mare.

"I do not think I have met you quite yet, what is your name?" He asks.

'I am Lunar Sonata. Please do not mind the mare, I do not believe she really intends any harm to that mare you fancy.' Lunar writes, hiding it from Sparkle, with a sly grin, to which Raven blushes and coughs at.

"I see. I appreciate that," He says, turning back to the other mares, trying to dismiss the painfully obvious blush on his grey fur. "So, the door. We should probably check if it is unlocked. With any luck, it might," He states to them, looking over the door in question for anything of potential problems.

Opal snorted a bit at Raven's blush, finding his obvious crush on Sparkle amusing.  Lucky for him, Sparkle was still cowering, and didn't notice it.  Turning to the door, Opal examined it carefully, looking for any traps.  "It looks like a perfectly normal door to me," she says, poking it.  It was at this point that Sparkle stood up, looking at the door as well.  She backed up a bit from Opal however, as the mare still intimidated her quite a bit, in spite of not doing anything to her at the moment.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 22:48:19
Opal snorted a bit at Raven's blush, finding his obvious crush on Sparkle amusing.  Lucky for him, Sparkle was still cowering, and didn't notice it.  Turning to the door, Opal examined it carefully, looking for any traps.  "It looks like a perfectly normal door to me," she says, poking it.  It was at this point that Sparkle stood up, looking at the door as well.  She backed up a bit from Opal however, as the mare still intimidated her quite a bit, in spite of not doing anything to her at the moment.

"It seems that way, for sure. I wonder how we could open it?" He ponders aloud.

*At this point, we need @Chromastone64 to come in, as I have no clue his plan for the two rooms.

Purple

((okie doke.  I'll just put some filler Lol))

Sparkle took a step back from the door, having no idea how to open it.  "Hmm.... I don't know..." She said, putting on her best thinking face, which looked rather ridiculous.  "Maaaybe there's a secret code!  Or a hidden lock!"  She began, theorizing aloud.

Opal facehoofed at this, finding Sparkle's silliness to be quite annoying.

Go Up