Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Howitzer

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Sep 07, 18:01:29
Season 5 officially resumes this weekend everyonepony!!

:D

'Bout time. I could use some pony.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Moon Pearl

Are you guys ready to Pony Up? Im so excited!! ANYONE ELSE IS EXCITED!! :D :D :D :D

I'M SO EXCITED O: O: O: ovO O: X3

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

Midnight Breeze

Longest season ever. Seriously, what the heck?

McClaw

Quote from: Moon Pearl on 2015 Sep 11, 03:34:56
Are you guys ready to Pony Up? Im so excited!! ANYONE ELSE IS EXCITED!! :D :D :D

I'M SO EXCITED O: O: O: ovO O: X3

Really? :P
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Moon Pearl

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 11, 03:35:13
Longest season ever. Seriously, what the heck?

Yeah, what the F-------------------------udge  :P???

Naura

Spoiler: New Episode • show

Love the new episode!
Sassy was annoying me at first, but in the end of the episode, it got slightly better.
I am in love with all the different dresses and ponies in this episode, and that chubby pony in the end made my day X3
I like the idea of the episode, and I really love how it ended. And its message was great!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Necroceine

Spoiler: New Episode • show
I liked it too. My favorite part was that they didn't completely demonize Sassy for having an opposed idea to Rarity. So often with a story like this Sassy would've been kicked out in disgrace, or something like that. But she was clearly depicted as competent during the middle of the presentation when she let Rarity talk.

Visual design aside, Sassy was a good character given a good amount of depth and backstory from just a few lines in this single episode.
Not my favorite Rarity episode, but maybe second favorite.

Naura

Spoiler: Video for those who want to watch the new episode • show
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show
This was a lovely episode!

Strawberry cinnamon cilantro cupcakes, Pinkie? What made you think that would be a good idea?! Then again, sometimes when you mix weird things together, they actually come out tasting good, so I guess she likes to dive into randomness and try to come out with something good.

When Sassy said she doesn't want to be part of another failure, I wonder what that was about. Maybe in some of her previous jobs, she had been completely ignored by the shop owner and they made blatant mistakes that she knew would ruin the shop, but when she tried to tell them, they ignored her.

I really, really like the designs of the background ponies in this episode! I also saw a really adorable chubby pony climbing the stairs during Rarity's last bit of song. She just looked so cute, and she had cotton candy colored hair (pink and blue).

I get the feeling that the big pony at the very end was a reference to something, but I have no idea what. o.O

Oh, and I looooved so many of the dresses in this episode! I usually don't really like dresses, but Rarity made some really pretty ones!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Necroceine

The big pony at the end showed up in an earlier episode

Moon Pearl

Quote from: Necroceine on 2015 Sep 12, 15:16:51

Que the X-Files theme music  :o!!!

Illuminati confirmed!!!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Necroceine on 2015 Sep 12, 15:16:51

O:
But who is she?! What does it mean?! Why were the whites of her eyes yellow in this episode?!

Moon Pearl

Questions. Questions everywhere.

McClaw

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 12, 14:27:17
Strawberry cinnamon cilantro cupcakes, Pinkie? What made you think that would be a good idea?! Then again, sometimes when you mix weird things together, they actually come out tasting good, so I guess she likes to dive into randomness and try to come out with something good.

That's an actual technique for some.
Yes, chefs experiment. They don't put their failures on the menu, so we (the public) rarely see it happen.

Edison employed a similar technique that developed into commercial R&D -- try everything. Experience and insight can shortcut you to early successes, but not testing everything can miss obscure and non-intuitive results. It's Sherlock Holmes' deductive process, eliminating all other possibilities.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: McClaw on 2015 Sep 13, 08:01:35
That's an actual technique for some.
Yes, chefs experiment. They don't put their failures on the menu, so we (the public) rarely see it happen.

Edison employed a similar technique that developed into commercial R&D -- try everything. Experience and insight can shortcut you to early successes, but not testing everything can miss obscure and non-intuitive results. It's Sherlock Holmes' deductive process, eliminating all other possibilities.

All I could think of when typing that part of my post was about how someone, somewhere, somehow came up with the idea of combining chocolate and peppers, and now lots of people like to eat spicy chocolate or chocolate-covered spicy peppers.

LostSanity

Here are my S5E14 thoughts:

This episode seemed to go along with what seems to be the "theme" of the season.

Don't follow the crowd/go against what seems to be "equality" when it's not really "equality."

Be unique, be different, be yourself.

Maybe not the start of the new episodes that I would have liked to see but I'm sure there are still more GREAT episodes to come.

Don't take this the wrong way though. I still enjoyed this episode.

^-^

Also... about the next episode...

If there are any Ace Attorney/Spiral-like moments...

Or if Rarity shouts "OBJECTION!" and points her hoof at somepony and then magics a piece of paper in front of her and explains how they did it...

Or if Rarity says "The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth" or something like that...

I WILL LOSE MY MIND.

ovO
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Mizuki

2015 Sep 14, 05:11:49 #196 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 14, 05:14:13 by Mizuki
I had a day or so to digest the episode, so here are my thoughts!

Rarity opening a boutique in Canterlot seemed like the next logical step in her career, so it was really cool to see how the stuff behind the scenes was really well thought out. (referencing the bonus she made working with Sapphire Shores, waiting for a prime location to become available, etc) However, because so many things had to happen in order for this episode to make sense to the viewer, (much of it off screen, too!) the first 5+ minutes of the episode were completely dedicated to exposition! That's a long time for a cartoon! DD: Plus I'm starting to become painfully familiar with "Twilight explaining things at the Train Station". Ugh. EDIT: Also I just remembered. Apparently Twilight is the most popular princess in-universe? Whaaaaaat??? Hm Then again I guess it does make sense; A cute, pretty nerd from canterlot suddenly became a princess. I guess there is a bit of home-grown pride to that!

As for the rest of the episode, it was mostly fine. That Marketing pony had a really cool design, (I liked her hair and color palette) and I feel like a lot of the background ponies had a bit more thought put into them. Like seriously, I want toys of some of these ponies! They looked so good! And those DRESSES!! They were gorgeous!

However that chubby pony at the end had me like :facehoof: It felt like we were supposed to be laughing at how ridiculous her size was, even though...fat people do exist? It was a visual gag that felt really mean-spirited to me, and almost ruined the whole episode.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Sep 14, 05:11:49
I had a day or so to digest the episode, so here are my thoughts!

Rarity opening a boutique in Canterlot seemed like the next logical step in her career, so it was really cool to see how the stuff behind the scenes was really well thought out. (referencing the bonus she made working with Sapphire Shores, waiting for a prime location to become available, etc) However, because so many things had to happen in order for this episode to make sense to the viewer, (much of it off screen, too!) the first 5+ minutes of the episode were completely dedicated to exposition! That's a long time for a cartoon! DD: Plus I'm starting to become painfully familiar with "Twilight explaining things at the Train Station". Ugh. EDIT: Also I just remembered. Apparently Twilight is the most popular princess in-universe? Whaaaaaat??? Hm Then again I guess it does make sense; A cute, pretty nerd from canterlot suddenly became a princess. I guess there is a bit of home-grown pride to that!

As for the rest of the episode, it was mostly fine. That Marketing pony had a really cool design, (I liked her hair and color palette) and I feel like a lot of the background ponies had a bit more thought put into them. Like seriously, I want toys of some of these ponies! They looked so good! And those DRESSES!! They were gorgeous!

However that chubby pony at the end had me like :facehoof: It felt like we were supposed to be laughing at how ridiculous her size was, even though...fat people do exist? It was a visual gag that felt really mean-spirited to me, and almost ruined the whole episode.

Yeah, I figure Twilight's in-universe popularity really may come from "She was just a normal pony like us and then became a princess!" They find it inspiring, and they know that she knows exactly what it's like to be a normal pony. Apparently, Celestia and Luna were born alicorns.

And I'm still really confused about the big pony at the end. I really, really, reeeeally feel like she's supposed to be a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

Night Pony

It's monday by the way.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Moon Pearl

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Sep 14, 07:25:46
It's monday by the way.

So we can stop using spoilers?
o.O

Go Up