Life in Ponyvile V

Started by Ryo_D_Disk, 2013 Dec 25, 16:41:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stryder221

2015 Mar 09, 22:56:55 #6840 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 09, 23:53:31 by Stryder221
[Why not? I'll jump in if I'm allowed.]

"Oh, you have GOT to be joking!" A stallion exclaimed as he viewed the flyers, despite the fact his eyes appeared closed. "And how am I supposed to amaze anypony with my performance when that is rolling around?! Noooo... And I had it all prepared and everything!"

Spoiler: Relevant • show

Just then, a lightbulb appeared above his head, switched off. Frowning, the stallion reached up and pulled a chain, lighting it up.
"I might just be able to use this to my advantage...! If I perform my act alongside this exotic petting zoo... Heh, it'd be just like the circus or the carnival! Without the clowns... Hate those things..."
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Fluffy Cloud

Honeydew looked at the two ponies beside her. She scooted a tad closer to Illusion, since she knew him. "What do you mean by that?"

Stryder221

2015 Mar 09, 23:52:45 #6842 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 09, 23:56:18 by Stryder221
"I'm a performer, Honeydew, a traveling performer. A magician. I make a living off the money I get from performing." The stallion whose name just so happened to be Illusion had said.
"I was thinking I could possibly strike a deal to have my act incorporated alongside their other attractions. This certainly gives off that traveling carnival vibe, so maybe my presence wouldn't be too far out of place. It's win-win; I take a small, perhaps even unnoticeable cut of the profits, and they get another attraction."
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Rush of MLP

Illusive sighed, but otherwise remained silent.

[Color=gray][I]'Lovely. Just what I need; competition.'[/I][/color] He thought to himself.

Fluffy Cloud

"Huh...but what about other other performers? Do you think they'll mind?" Honeydew looked at the poster again. "What if they make you perform with the animals in there?" she giggled.

Stryder221

2015 Mar 10, 15:57:50 #6845 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 10, 16:07:07 by Stryder221
"Well, considering the main event amounts to, if you'll forgive the rudeness, a glorified petting zoo, I doubt they have so many actors to perform with. Even if there were, my powers of persuasion should convince them to allow such performers to act alongside me, or vice-versa if you prefer." The stallion turned to honeydew, unopened eyes shining with apparently unshed tears. "But... You don't think I'm an animal like those on the flyer, do you?"

If those weren't crocodile tears, then apparently he was sensitive about his... condition. Either way, the sight was no doubt heart-wrenching. For some reason.

Fluffy Cloud

Honeydew immediately started panicking and hurried to correct her error. "No no no no no! I didn't mean it like that! I m-meant, like making them do tricks and stuff...oh, that didn't come out right..." She sighed, then suddenly brightened up. "My brother sent me a letter about this. He said that there was a new one they had gotten. You could sit with it, and talk with it. He said it was...odd, and that I would have to pay if I wanted to see it myself."

Stryder221

"Hm? Oh, that does sound interesting!" Illusion said, his earlier sadness forgotten in an instant. "But how do we know nothing shady's going on with that? These traveling things have a bad reputation for being shady. For all we know, it could be a changeling, or a pony dressed up as a creature."

He looked back to the flyer, then back to Honeydew. "My brother Breaker's in town, I think. He's got a sharp eye and knows his way around magic tricks, he'll know if something's up. That is, if he bothers going to this thing. Bit of a stick in the mud, though; I'll have to do some convincing."

Fluffy Cloud

"Yay! Now I have two ponies coming with me!" Honeydew cheered.

Stryder221

"And a squirrel." Illusion added. Right on cue, his little friend Nibbly appeared, sitting on his head. "Think I'll have to pay more for her to watch the show?"

Fluffy Cloud

2015 Mar 10, 17:39:02 #6850 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 10, 21:35:44 by Fluffy Cloud
"Just hide her. I don't think anypony might think much of a squirrel. Well, it's not going to be here yet. But I'm looking forward to it. So...what's your brother like?"

Stryder221

"Ah, you have a point." Illusion said. "Same here, looks like it'll at the very least be interesting."
Upon being asked about his brother, the stallion took on a thoughtful expression. "Hm... How to put this... I'd say strong, silent type. Thing is, he's silent because, um... He's kinda rude, and he knows it. Oh, don't get me wrong, he's nice enough despite being rough around the edges, and very dependable besides."

Rush of MLP

[Color=gray][I]'Shady? Stereotyping now? That's a bit insulting. Hmph. Just because a couple of two-bit performers come along and ruins the days of a few--... Nevermind. Just move on and don't worry about it.'[/I][/color] Illusive thought, glancing at the other two ponies with his mismatched purple/blue eyes, then turned and walked away, his irritation bleeding slightly through into his posture

StarrBee

Quick Silver glanced for a moment over at the group of ponies talking. She was curious, as they all seemed to be standing around a poster. But it would be rude to suddenly leave the kind stallion who had paid for her ice cream and suddenly jump into a covnersation she hadn't been invited to, so she stayed put for now.

Fluffy Cloud

"Ooh, the strong and silent type. Does that mean your brother is more popular that you?" she teased. She noticed Illusive walk away, irritated. "Huh...think he heard us?"

Stryder221

Illusion snorted. "Pff. Yeah, you'd think that, knight in shining armor and all that. More like a knight in sour armor, I'd say."
He looked just in time to see a stallion walking off as he noticed Honeydew looking in said stallion's direction. "Maybe? He looks annoyed."

Fluffy Cloud

"Hmm..." Honeydew looked in his direction. "Should we ask him if something's wrong?"

Stryder221

"Probably not..." Said Illusion. "If there's one thing I've learned from Breaker, it's that annoyed ponies don't like it when you get nosy."

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Stryder221 on 2015 Mar 11, 19:48:33
"Probably not..." Said Illusion. "If there's one thing I've learned from Breaker, it's that annoyed ponies don't like it when you get nosy."

((Um what's going on?))

Stryder221

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2015 Mar 11, 19:57:34
((Um what's going on?))

(My character has a brother whose name happens to be Spell-Breaker. Is that a problem?)

Go Up