Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Looks like there's going to be yet another episode involving NOT REDEEMED character.

Guess I won't be liking that one...

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Stardust Dragon

Alright, I've got a couple papers due in the next few days, test on the material next week, finals coming around the corner and...why am I suddenly so stressed I can't work on anything?  :I

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: PlatinumJoystick on 2016 Apr 02, 20:23:42
Yep. Burnt like an Egyptian library. Sorry to any of the people I'm writing with that see this, I'll try to keep going, but I can't guarantee anything, and if I do, it will be some subpar writing.

I'm gonna have to say ditto on that. 
After so long...I just don't think I have the love for roleplaying that I used to.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

My computer is so raggedy it takes like 10 minutes to boot the dang thing up. This thing just needs to be taken out back and shot at this point. Not a single part is salvageable.

Sweet Brew

Insomnia kept me up for 6 and a half hours so I ended up waking up at 10:00PM.
I've tried so many things to solve insomnia, none of them work!
Oh well...

Elphyda

Insomnia + Potato computer = long hours with nothing to do.

Lync Volan

mildly annoying that it seems like the chat box here doesn't want me back but that's fine :s

its A LOT more annoying that i got some random message on Tumblr and when i reply i don't seem to get a reply back at all, that message was the one that got me back in the chat box that one time but since shes not replying i guess it doesn't matter much :P

Midnight Breeze

Arithmetic reasoning is kicking my butt again. Here I am trying to go into a tech branch and I can't even wrap my hand around simple mathematics. I'm the worst kind of nerd - a stupid nerd. Normally that's an oxymoron but somehow I manage to nail it.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2016 Apr 06, 21:49:50
I'm gonna have to say ditto on that. 
After so long...I just don't think I have the love for roleplaying that I used to.

This is way too true, I mean, I still love Roleplay, but it's lost a lot of its enjoyment when you factor in annoying characters+bad grammar+confused plot/story line+real life.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2016 Apr 11, 19:39:54
This is way too true, I mean, I still love Roleplay, but it's lost a lot of its enjoyment when you factor in annoying characters+bad grammar+confused plot/story line+real life.

What's really bad is when you roleplay on a chat site, and you end up with people who you regularly RP with to where you have a whole story going and everything, and then random people keep coming into the room you're in and messing it up.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Apr 12, 00:03:54
What's really bad is when you roleplay on a chat site, and you end up with people who you regularly RP with to where you have a whole story going and everything, and then random people keep coming into the room you're in and messing it up.

Uhg, this is waaayyy too true.
--------
On a different note, siblings. Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters, and we have a great working relationship, but one of them is way too attached to me. She's a great person, and I love hanging out with her, but she seems determined to spend nearly every waking second with me. I could understand this if she was two or three, but she is almost as old as I am, and doesn't seem to understand the concept of personal space. It may just be her reaction to knowing that we're going to be seeing less of each other over the coming years, with me growing up and having to leave the house for most of the hours of the day, but she still needs to start letting go. She's had me as a scapegoat/blame buddy for most of her life, and I've done a lot of her work for her, but she needs to understand that she has to pull her own weight soon.. *sigh*
--------
Related note:
Now that I am getting older, I'm getting a rather large amount of new expectations pushed on me, and while it's nothing that I can't handle, my parents seem to think that I am capable of taking care of nearly everything without a single ounce of help. I may be capable of good work, but pushing a me to do the laundry, housework, /and/ be the moral support of 6 other people, with their complete disregard of my own social and school obligations, is complete Bull Hucky. I cannot be expected to take care of all of these functioning people, without any help, and do it well.
-rant over-
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Lync Volan

How many times do i have to say that when i'm in the middle of a game i haven't finished the story of yet i don't want anyone taking gameplay/challenges off my hands?

i mean SORRY but you can't play it until i finish it myself then you can play whatever during level select or something.... don't make me repeat myself everyday >:O!   

Midnight Breeze

Oh, snap. For some reason my recruiter thought I'd already taken the ASVAB and forgot to schedule it for me. I thought I'd be taking it tomorrow but as it turns out he wants to meet me in Shreveport at 3PM today and I'll have to take it this evening.

I'm so incredibly nervous. He told MEPS that I did "very well" on the pre-ASVAB. If I screw this up I'm going to embarrass both myself and him. I have excellent reading and language skills so I'm not worried about that, it's just the math. If I show up asking about a job in intelligence without being able to hand basic arithmetic reasoning I'm going to look like the biggest idiot on the planet.

Well...alrighty then. I guess I might as well get positive and do my best. I have a long drive ahead of me for some self-contemplation.

LostSanity

Controversy below. So you know what that means. It means no one should read it. Or do so then just ignore it.

Spoiler: show
I'm going to have to leave the fandom... aren't I?  :l

With this and the Hearth's Warming one... that makes 2 episodes I CLEARLY won't like with NOT REDEEMED character.

This is sickening me.  >:/

Either way...

#HeelLostSanity returns in 2 weeks. So prepare yourselves now.

ovO
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

So... Rooster Teeth sponsors will now get to see episodes of Red vs Blue, RWBY Chibi, etc an entire week early, instead of just 24 hours early.
:l
Are you kidding me?

I mean, I know, they're a company and need to make money off of us, and when the videos are public, the only money they get from us watching them is ad revenue. But still! They have an online store! Are people not buying enough merchandise?

Anyway... A week? Seriously? A week? Do they even realize what this means?

Say this also applies to RWBY Volume 4.
Volume 4 Episode 1 comes out - Only sponsors get to see it for an entire week.
After a week has passed, Episode 1 becomes public.
But wait!!!
At the same time that Episode 1 becomes public, Episode 2 comes out for sponsors only!
Non-sponsors are constantly 1 episode behind until Episode 12 (the finale) becomes public!

What I'm saying is, non-sponsors will have to dodge spoilers for 3 months straight (4 weeks in a month, 12 episodes, 12/4 = 3 months). There are people who cannot be sponsors for whatever reason, so they just have to deal with staying off their favorite websites for 3 months, which is unfair. They shouldn't be punished just because they're unable to get a sponsorship.

This is going to tempt a lot more people to watch RWBY illegally.
And trust me, Rooster Teeth's videos can be downloaded from their website. Their attempt at anti-piracy didn't work. The reason that the Rooster Teeth video player is so bad is because the video is actually a playlist of tiny videos, instead of one whole video. But apparently, someone on 4Chan figured out how to download them as one whole video anyway.

Rooster Teeth prides themselves on being all about their community, but the community is about to become fractured because of this!! A portion of the fandom should not have to wall themselves off in their own little safe zone just to discuss their favorite webshow! A portion of the fandom shouldn't have to be terrified to search for fanart, lest they run into artwork based on the new episode they can't see yet! The fans who are passionate about analyzing and speculating about RWBY shouldn't have to be split into groups of Sponsors and Non-sponsors, and the non-sponsors shouldn't have to sit in fear that a sponsor will wander into their section and dump spoilers on them!!

And it's unclear if this is Fullscreen's doing or not.
/rant

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Looks like my mom is going to be forced into early retirement. She's been on sick leave for the past 2 months following having her gallbladder removed, she resigned from her house supervisor position just before the surgery planning to go back as a regular RN after recovering. She's ready to return to work but the hospital claims there's no full time positions for her.

The idiot board of directors of that hospital do nothing but whine and complain about how understaffed they are yet they won't hire anybody else. Typical bureaucratic upper-management idiots. This private non-profit hospital made $3 million dollars profit last year, where the heck did that money go? Why can't the afford to hire a few more nurses? A few $50,000-$80,000/year nurse's salaries are not going to brake the bank when you're running a profit like that.

She's turning 62 in 10 months and will be able to get $1,300 a month from social security, so she might just be done. I can tell she's upset about it, but she's not total devastated or anything. I just worry what kind of wedge it will drive between her and my step dad. The guy has no idea how to speak to someone who's going through an emotionally trying event. I've been there. What he calls "tough love" I call bullying. He did nothing but kick me when I was down and now I'm pretty jaded against him. Personally I don't really like the guy, but I know she loves him and; for her sake, I don't want to see their relationship go sour.

Chromastone64

One of my biggest pet peeves.
WHEN PEOPLE DON'T CAPITALIZE THEIR LETTERS OR SENTANCES.
UGH.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Stardust Dragon

Server error knocks a game offline:

My/I hope the rational response: Huh, that's unfortunate.  Wonder what happened.

Forums: -insert 600 independent forum posts screaming that they can't access game and "admins fix it now"-

Sweet Brew

Guitar strings are like little knives waiting to slit your hooves open.
>A<

Midnight Breeze

Rob Zombie's second single from that new album with the stupid name is all over Octane.

Give it up, Rob, you've been off your game for like 15 years now.

At least they aren't playing that retarded UFO song as often. The second single isn't nearly as bad as that one. This whole album looks like cancer, though.

Go Up