Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 24, 12:21:40
Lets start another one.Where do you live?I live in markarth

Whiterun, it's cheap, cozy, and where I keep all of my daedric artifacts  :3

hyper drive [HD]

anypony got any mods?

Dr.Insaneoats

When you live in Solitude, why would you want to live anywhere else? Its a big city that has everything you would ever want, and since the house you buy there is the biggest in the entire game, I have plenty more space to decorate the house with weapons, armor, unique items, and daedric artifacts.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Dr.Insaneoats on 2012 Jul 24, 18:29:00
When you live in Solitude, why would you want to live anywhere else? Its a big city that has everything you would ever want, and since the house you buy there is the biggest in the entire game, I have plenty more space to decorate the house with weapons, armor, unique items, and daedric artifacts.

I can't find a single vendor in there that works better than the ones in Whiterun.
I never have enough gold, or healing potions.
I use the Steed Sign fore the sole reason of +100 carry weight.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

I could buy every house possible in skyrim since I gathered 100k worth of gold with no mods or cheats  X3

lurk852

2012 Jul 24, 20:00:41 #345 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 24, 20:05:54 by lurk852
Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Jul 24, 18:25:05
anypony got any mods?

Yep, although most of them aren't too flashy. Here are the main ones I use now or have used in the past:

-Jaysus Swords - weapon mod with tuns of visual variety (and load screens with depressingly bad grammar)
-Sounds of Skyrim - sound mod that makes the game sound a lot more alive
-"Ultra Realistic World Lighting" - makes the game less gray, more colorful, and a bit darker at night
-Ranger Ridge - modest-sized but very cool house for ranger-type characters
-The Asteria - a friggin' airship home
-Apocalypse Spell Package - adds tons of interesting new spells, although some of them are pretty overpowered

Those, and a handful of balance mods to make Destruction and Heavy Armor less awful.

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 24, 18:42:53
I could buy every house possible in skyrim since I gathered 100k worth of gold with no mods or cheats  X3

I'm kind of tempted to start a new character to see if I can get that high without ever killing anything - just by abusing alchemy, which is absurdly profitable. I guess this could get boring quickly though  :s

edit: You know what would be fantastic? A mod that makes it so that almost every NPC is dead, and you have to survive on your own, without having craptons of cheaply available crafting materials and potions and stuff like that. A sort of post-apocalyptic Skyrim, I guess.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Goldenrod

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 24, 20:00:41
Spoiler: show
Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Jul 24, 18:25:05
anypony got any mods?

Yep, although most of them aren't too flashy. Here are the main ones I use now or have used in the past:

-Jaysus Swords - weapon mod with tuns of visual variety (and load screens with depressingly bad grammar)
-Sounds of Skyrim - sound mod that makes the game sound a lot more alive
-"Ultra Realistic World Lighting" - makes the game less gray, more colorful, and a bit darker at night
-Ranger Ridge - modest-sized but very cool house for ranger-type characters
-The Asteria - a friggin' airship home
-Apocalypse Spell Package - adds tons of interesting new spells, although some of them are pretty overpowered

Those, and a handful of balance mods to make Destruction and Heavy Armor less awful.

I'm kind of tempted to start a new character to see if I can get that high without ever killing anything - just by abusing alchemy, which is absurdly profitable. I guess this could get boring quickly though  :s

edit: You know what would be fantastic? A mod that makes it so that almost every NPC is dead, and you have to survive on your own, without having craptons of cheaply available crafting materials and potions and stuff like that. A sort of post-apocalyptic Skyrim, I guess.

That's an easy one and no coding required.
Every time you see a new NPC, roll a d20.
If you get a 20 then they live.

Book Smarts

I just found this mod  :P

Dr.Insaneoats

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 24, 18:39:40
Quote from: Dr.Insaneoats on 2012 Jul 24, 18:29:00

I can't find a single vendor in there that works better than the ones in Whiterun.
I never have enough gold, or healing potions.
I use the Steed Sign fore the sole reason of +100 carry weight.

Oh stop pooping on my city you maybe Stormcloak traitor. Long live the Imperials!

CyanideInsanity

Browsing the skyrim nexus, I found a mod that changes your characters dialogue to that which is more like how a khajiit would talk. Definitely helps immersion when playing as a khajiit. Anyone else use it?
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Lord of Madness

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2012 Jul 25, 04:26:26
Browsing the skyrim nexus, I found a mod that changes your characters dialogue to that which is more like how a khajiit would talk. Definitely helps immersion when playing as a khajiit. Anyone else use it?

Now I need to find and use this... because my Khajiit rogue could definitely use this... lol

Lord of Madness

Book Smarts

I tried a mod on a friends computer that let you visit the lands of the khajit  :3

kremsly

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 25, 07:10:50
I tried a mod on a friends computer that let you visit the lands of the khajit  :3
oh you mean moonpath to elsweyr? (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782)

i gave it a go it was pretty well made but the options in conversations felt too sarcastic and there was a tone of walking and due too scipting the whole place is set in a building sou can't quick travel anywhere  DD:

Chishio Kunrin

Does glitching through the map to get to a merchant's hidden chest count as a cheat? :P I've only done this once, under Skyforge. I encountered some luck there, since the merchant happened to be selling a chestplate that grants you more HP.

Hmmm, booooks. Books I'm most interested in at the moment are ones about Barenziah, ones about the Dwemer, Aedra and Daedra, and Lost Legends. The book Lost Legends can be found in Dragonsreach, and it starts a quest that you can only get from that book.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 25, 19:50:00

Does glitching through the map to get to a merchant's hidden chest count as a cheat? :P I've only done this once, under Skyforge. I encountered some luck there, since the merchant happened to be selling a chestplate that grants you more HP.

Hmmm, booooks. Books I'm most interested in at the moment are ones about Barenziah, ones about the Dwemer, Aedra and Daedra, and Lost Legends. The book Lost Legends can be found in Dragonsreach, and it starts a quest that you can only get from that book.

Yes, that definitely counts.  :P

You don't need that book to start the quest though - it also starts if you kill any of the three bosses, and one of them's part of the first Mages Guild quest. Anyway, Forbidden Legend was a pretty fun quest, but the final reward seemed a bit underwhelming.  >:/

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 25, 19:56:46
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 25, 19:50:00

Yes, that definitely counts.  :P

You don't need that book to start the quest though - it also starts if you kill any of the three bosses, and one of them's part of the first Mages Guild quest. Anyway, Forbidden Legend was a pretty fun quest, but the final reward seemed a bit underwhelming.  >:/

It's incredible early game, it's meant for those who want a nice little challenging quest early. The main use of the reward is beefing up your spellcaster/all rounder just a bit.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lord of Madness

P.s none shall beat my spell caster LIGHTNING CANNON BLLLAAAA bu really i love how OP they can be  ^-^

lurk852

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 25, 21:04:05
P.s none shall beat my spell caster LIGHTNING CANNON BLLLAAAA bu really i love how OP they can be  ^-^

Using some kind of mod? I love the lightning spells, but destruction gets so wimpy after awhile  :s (aside from Impact) The basic spell in particular (Sparks) is awesome... makes you feel like a Sith or something.  ovO

Go Up