TOBUSCUS HAS WATCHED MLP!

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Nov 11, 19:55:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Apparently, his friend Nathan brought up an episode on Netflix, and they watched it! :D He mentioned Rainbow Dash. I really wonder if he even watched the video I tweeted to him of a ponified version of his Mass Effect 3 literal trailer.
He talks about it at 0:54 to 1:24. At least he ended it with "It's great."

Will he or won't he become a brony? Hmmmm. It'll be interesting to find out.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Chishio Kunrin

I never thought this would actually happen. This is amazing!

Rissian

His bro voice was pretty funny at the pink house.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

I just tweeted him a link to the epic trailer, saying "MLP:FiM isn't all sunshine and smiles, Toby." ovO

Rissian

That video still makes my face feel fuzzy.  :I  Magnified by no shave November.

Hopefully if he does watch that trailer he doesn't expect too much from the series some new fans get turned off by the first 2 episodes. A lot of people suggest ep 4+ for the first episodes then watch the Season premiers and stuff.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 11, 20:28:57

Hopefully if he does watch that trailer he doesn't expect too much from the series some new fans get turned off by the first 2 episodes. A lot of people suggest ep 4+ for the first episodes then watch the Season premiers and stuff.

When you get goosebumps, it can make your hairs stand up, so I think your beard must've been standing up. ovO

And yeah, I suggest Party of One, Lesson Zero, the season 2 premiere, stuff like that.

Book Smarts

Pinkie Keen is great second episode to watch  :D

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 11, 20:40:52

When you get goosebumps, it can make your hairs stand up, so I think your beard must've been standing up. ovO

And yeah, I suggest Party of One, Lesson Zero, the season 2 premiere, stuff like that.

I'd agree with most of those recommendations, though I'm still not a fan of Lesson Zero sacrificing logic for comedy all over the place... although it was pretty funny  :/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 11, 21:56:34

I'd agree with most of those recommendations, though I'm still not a fan of Lesson Zero sacrificing logic for comedy all over the place... although it was pretty funny  :/

Twilight Sparkle being an overachiever perfectionist to the point of a mental breakdown makes it pretty serious. She may actually have OCD. The fact that she has checklists for her checklists shows Obsessive Compulsive behavior.

lurk852

Yeah, it just seems like they took that "perfectionist" thing and ridiculously overexaggerated it (compared to previous episodes) for comedy's sake. But that's enough of me going off-topic...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 11, 22:19:27
Yeah, it just seems like they took that "perfectionist" thing and ridiculously overexaggerated it (compared to previous episodes) for comedy's sake. But that's enough of me going off-topic...

It was perfectly logical in Twilight Sparkle's mind, the mind of a pony with OCD who really really cares about her lessons and schooling. But yes, they did kinda take it pretty far just for a mental breakdown. I don't think it was for comedy's sake. They noticed the brony response to Pinkie's breakdown and tried seeing how we'd respond to Twilight's breakdown.

Rissian

2012 Nov 11, 22:40:24 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 11, 22:42:27 by Trege
I wasn't really too bothered by Lesson Zero but then again I have OCD, it can actually cause a lot of stress depending on how bad it decides to act up. I've gotten stressed to the point of not wanting to do anything at all before not a mental breakdown like Twilight though.

But yeah OCD can cause you to worry about crazy things happening because you forgot to do one thing or the other so her freaking out over her lesson is actually normal to someone with OCD though not to her extreme reaction of it.

Twilight Sparkle's OCD is one of the reasons I like the character. x3

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 11, 22:40:24
I wasn't really too bothered by Lesson Zero but then again I have OCD, it can actually cause a lot of stress depending on how bad it decides to act up. I've gotten stressed to the point of not wanting to do anything at all before not a mental breakdown like Twilight though.

But yeah OCD can cause you to worry about crazy things happening because you forgot to do one thing or the other so her freaking out over her lesson is actually normal to someone with OCD though not to her extreme reaction of it.

Twilight Sparkle's OCD is one of the reasons I like the character. x3

I have OCD too, and I can understand freaking out about things like that... just not to the point where it would make me attempt to screw with other people to the point of mind control.  :P

ComputerDeathglare

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ovO
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 11, 23:59:54

It's perfect, perfect I say! Mwahahahahahahahaaaa!

ComputerDeathglare

2012 Nov 12, 00:23:13 #16 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 12, 00:25:50 by ComputerDeathglare
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 12, 00:21:28
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 11, 23:59:54

It's perfect, perfect I say! Mwahahahahahahahaaaa!

Tobuscus pony...

Google, I need you!  DD: lol ovO

EDIT:

Yes.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Ohhhh. I think he is on the verge of joining the herd. ovO 3:54 to 4:22

And I quote:
"So cuuuute"
"I heard it's actually good, though."

Cobalt ZERO

2012 Dec 14, 23:46:09 #18 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 14, 23:48:28 by Cobalt ZERO
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 11, 22:09:44
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 11, 21:56:34

Twilight Sparkle being an overachiever perfectionist to the point of a mental breakdown makes it pretty serious. She may actually have OCD. The fact that she has checklists for her checklists shows Obsessive Compulsive behavior.

also... who the heck is tobuscus.
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

Tiger

Quote from: Cobalt ZERO on 2012 Dec 14, 23:46:09
also... who the heck is tobuscus.

:l

Tobuscus is a famous guy on youtube.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up