Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Oct 19, 16:04:28
That is pretty bizarre, and shouldn't really happen unless you had a crazily strong sugar crash or something like that, it's just plain not normal that you can just fall asleep in the middle of doing something without even noticing, that is usually impossible.

It was only for like a split second, but I definitely remember it. Even my friend was confused.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

2015 Oct 19, 16:42:10 #17401 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 19, 16:44:07 by Jcfraven
Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Oct 19, 16:04:28
That is pretty bizarre, and shouldn't really happen unless you had a crazily strong sugar crash or something like that, it's just plain not normal that you can just fall asleep in the middle of doing something without even noticing, that is usually impossible.

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 19, 16:07:32
It was only for like a split second, but I definitely remember it. Even my friend was confused.

I remember something similar, where I was in the middle of typing someone a message, blinked, I found I was on my keyboard, due to falling asleep for about 5-20(possibly 30) minutes, my head on the keyboard the whole time. Thankfully, I never hit the enter key, but that happened 2-4 times that night, in varying circumstances.

Naura

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 19, 16:07:32

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Oct 19, 16:42:10
I remember something similar, where I was in the middle of typing someone a message, blinked, I found I was on my keyboard, due to falling asleep for about 5-20(possibly 30) minutes, my head on the keyboard the whole time. Thankfully, I never hit the enter key, but that happened 2-4 times that night, in varying circumstances.

This probably doesn't seem really serious, but this video is what pops up in my mind when I read this:
Spoiler: show

@Chromastone64 If it was only once, and not that long, I don't think it's anything serious, still really weird.
@Jcfraven Have you spoken to a doctor about it? I feel like you shouldn't take those kinds of things as something casual.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Jcfraven

Quote from: Naura on 2015 Oct 19, 17:40:30
This probably doesn't seem really serious, but this video is what pops up in my mind when I read this:
Spoiler: show

@Chromastone64 If it was only once, and not that long, I don't think it's anything serious, still really weird.
@Jcfraven Have you spoken to a doctor about it? I feel like you shouldn't take those kinds of things as something casual.

Considering it happens primarily when I'm completely tired, and to that severity only back then(though similar, and somewhat different nowadays), I haven't found much reasoning to do so.

MarshyMellow

I've been sick with ammonia for 2 weeks now.. DD:

Praying to God that it will go away soon!  >.<

And what's weird about it, is that I feel fine except for the ammonia.. o.O

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Jcfraven

Companies that can't make decent security for accounts, such as Apple.

I got a notification from Apple of a Password Reset Request, and got the email, but I decided it was nothing, probably a silly error or something. I never clicked anything, and all seemed fine.

Tonight, I receive another email, saying the password change was successful. I immediately reset the password, thankfully, so none of my personal information was stolen. Hopefully it'll be alright for the night, so I can remove my account. I always knew Apple was bad, from what I've heard, seen, and experienced, but not that bad.

Chishio Kunrin

When people or companies assume that everyone has a smart phone. :c
I miss out on really cool stuff because I don't have one, and companies just assume everyone does.

"Just scan this QR code!"
"Check our Snapchat!"
"Use this app!"

I don't. have. a smart phone! DD: I would love to participate in your promotional stuff, but I just can't!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

My brother told me about a cyclist in the news. Apparently he was yelling at a car ahead of him to go faster, when they told him to stop shouting because they had a baby on board.
He then proceeded to cycle past the car with a pin hammer and smash the window next to the baby. Thankfully, it wasn't hurt by any glass.
There are some people in the world that I'd just like to punch. (I can't see how this post would break forum rules, but if it does, I apologize.)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ryo_D_Disk

When someone mentions a event in passing nearly a month ago, expects you to remeber all the details and the fact you said you "might be able to help" then throws a hissy fit when you sudenly say this is the first your hearing about it and x is what you think about what to do.

I'm now having to do an extra day of work for no pay and no day off because of the fact this little detail could not have been said like a few days ealier, not to mention i dont like being confronted rudly like that, even if it was my forgetfulness in question. If they were polite about it i would have apologised properly and said sure no problems, the way they left it im now forced and had no choice but to agree.

Foul moods all around

(at least i have a Crab to hug)

Sakura_Blossom

its so cold in my house  D:

Pipkin

Road construction.
Cost me $4.00, thank you so much for ripping apart BOTH main arteries I needed to take to get to college, making me not only late for my bus, but late for class and having to park on campus.

LostSanity

Today marks the one-year anniversary of when I left/got kicked out of another MLP: FiM forum for good.

I've been better off since then, but, it's still unbelievable that it's been a full year and they still refuse to talk to me.  :l

So I posted it here instead of the smile thread.

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Peace Keeper

I find interesting every day I use public transit. Half the peoole are sitting. Half the people are standing. Also... half the seats are empty.

(WHAT THE $&#!. Haha wow.)

To add icing to this, everyone that is sitting is either 1 empty seat apart from each other, or are sitting in 2-by-2 seat rows, and each row an empty seat and a person.

I do declare we have our own personal space to not be intruded by people we don't know, but surely these people are aching for a seat, right? So why not sit down, yo? That dude next to ya aint gonna hug you, or look at you funny, or bite your ear like a professional boxer.

On the plus side, when buses or light rail trains get packed, every seat gets occupied. Finally the seats are put to good use.

In honesty, I am guilty of my own annoyance X3 . I tend to find empty seats in 2-by-2 sections and be with my personal space, but if there is any empty seats, I'll take it.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

I've decided that 2016 will be my last year as a renter. I'm gonna buy a home at the end of next year.

Sucks. I enjoy the laid-back lifestyle renting allows. I like not having to worry about things like yard work, maintenance, or property taxes. I wasn't ready to take on the headache of homeownership at age 25, but one look at the housing market in the area shows that renting just doesn't make financial sense right now.

Rent is skyrocketing at an unsustainable rate, like 5+% a year. That's just completely unacceptable and not something I'm willing to endure. I'm not paying $1000+ a month just for the pleasure of occupying a 700 square-foot space of air. I refuse.

Meanwhile mortage rates are still bottoming out, and here in Fort Worth houses are relatively affordable. You can get a fixer-upper for 50-70k, or a move-in-ready starter for 90-100k, or a newly-built McMansion for 150-180k. 2 minimum wage incomes could afford a house...

...or one median-wage income, like mine.

Better get used to landscaping, maintenance, and upgrading to maintain my proper values, cause I'm buying a place when my 13 month lease is up. I'm not enduring another rent hike.

byndbored

HOW DARE CODE RED MOUNTAIN DEW BE CHOSEN OVER SUPER NOVA IT WAS WAY BETTER!!!! >:O

(Please excuse my anger, I just thought super nova was better so to see code red get chosen instead makes me very upset, again sorry about that, really. :c)
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Stardust Dragon

Trying to sift through relative information when it comes to...well anything really, but specifically now deciding on a new phone.  Especially when I don't have a good frame of reference: I don't know how much RAM this thing might need for my purposes, so what some people call insufficient I don't know if I'd be using nearly that much.
That, and feeling that whole "first world problems" bug when I have choices as to a new phone...at least I waited until my old one basically kicked the bucket?  >.<

Chishio Kunrin

As the next volume of RWBY approaches, we are, predictably, seeing a rise in the number of people popping up to pose theories, crackpot or otherwise, that are unsupported and/or can easily be disproven/have a mountain of evidence against them.

Wellp. *Cracks knuckles* I foresee writing many essays and participating in many debates for the next several months.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

so i'm still packing my bags for my usual flight, the thing that's annoying is i can't fit my Build A bear Applejack plushy in my bags, my dad has a space in his bag he doesn't seem to be using but he won't let me use it for her >.<

Midnight Breeze

I get corporate perks through my employer, and they keep sending me emails offering me $3000 off MSRP on a Cadillac Escalade.

What do I look like? A guy who's not poor?

DawnsEmbrace

Here's a minor annoyance of mine.

I want to get back into using this site after being missing for nearly a year, yet I've completely lost interest in MLP.
This presents a dilemma.  Use the site simply as a nostalgia trip for a month or two, or attempt to force myself into liking the show again.

TLDR; I'm back in business, and ticked off that I can't enjoy it like I used to.
<br />

Go Up