Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

High food prices are killing me. I have to stop buying prepared food. Kroger has a great deli that I've been buying my lunches at, but come on. 5 dollars for a chef salad? 4.25 for a prepackaged sandwich? My food bills are approaching $250 a month.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 06, 06:47:30
High food prices are killing me. I have to stop buying prepared food. Kroger has a great deli that I've been buying my lunches at, but come on. 5 dollars for a chef salad? 4.25 for a prepackaged sandwich? My food bills are approaching $250 a month.

Here is something I learned a long time ago:
Coupons. Use coupons. Many don't because they 'don't have the time to sort through the paper' well, lemme tell you. Fifteen mins spent sorting through the paper, and five spent printing off online coupons, can save you tons of money.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Elphyda

Chishio Kunrin

The way wikia does that stupid thing where I try to get a full size version of the picture, but it wants to give me a teeny tiny thumbnail instead. Why does it do this?! Stop it!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

I don't understand why males are so fanatical about bacon. I don't much care for bacon myself. Given the choice I'd take turkey bacon over the real kind.

Chromastone64

Okay, there was one thing I knew that was going to happen if I got in to watching Steven Universe.
I have got the theme tune stuck in my head AND IT WILL NOT LEAVE!!! HELP!!! (Seriously, it's annoying me)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

So, I just vacuumed about 80% of our house, in an attempt to alleviate our flea infestation, and now I'm really sweaty. :x

Uuugh, I wish my grandma hadn't brought her dogs over with fleas when we babysat them a month ago. I'm so sick of having to brush fleas off my legs and feet every time I walk around!

Sadly, we currently don't have the means to get all four of our cats and ourselves out of the house and have the house bug bombed.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jul 07, 06:36:06
Okay, there was one thing I knew that was going to happen if I got in to watching Steven Universe.
I have got the theme tune stuck in my head AND IT WILL NOT LEAVE!!! HELP!!! (Seriously, it's annoying me)

That sort of thing happens to me a lot.  I listen to anything from Crypt of the Necrodancer and I'm bobbing to the beat for three days.  :l

Midnight Breeze

I told some coworkers I'm from Louisiana and they asked me if I know the Ducky Dynasty people.

Yeaaaaaaah...pretty sure all 4.65 million Louisianians don't know the Robertsons.

Howitzer

So when you discover a new show, like it, and decide to try and watch all the current episodes.

Not on Netflix: That's okay, it'll surely be somewhere else
Not on Dailymotion: Well, I still got options
Not on Youtube: Really?! they got how many videos and none of these episodes?
Not on the channel's streaming website: REALLY?!
Not on shady Russian websites: You gotta be kidding me.
Not on the rest of the internet: That's it, I give up.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Lync Volan

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Jul 08, 13:31:54
So when you discover a new show, like it, and decide to try and watch all the current episodes.

Not on Netflix: That's okay, it'll surely be somewhere else
Not on Dailymotion: Well, I still got options
Not on Youtube: Really?! they got how many videos and none of these episodes?
Not on the channel's streaming website: REALLY?!
Not on shady Russian websites: You gotta be kidding me.
Not on the rest of the internet: That's it, I give up.
That's how it is with season 2 of D.I.C.E for me  lol

Elphyda

When something keeps you miserably anxious for numerous weeks, only to find out there was no reason to ever be anxious in the first place.

byndbored

Putting things off up to and including playing video games, what's wrong with me!  :c

My nose is stuffy right now.
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Midnight Breeze

2015 Jul 09, 06:19:51 #16573 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 09, 09:12:13 by Midnight Breeze
When people say "Why are you drinking diet Coke? You're not fat!" You realize I'm not fat BECAUSE I choose diet, right?

First, I like the taste of diet Coke better than regular, so that's why I drink it, but it's by a lucky coincidence that it's a serious benefit to my Health: I drink ALOT of soda. At least 4 cans a day, usually more. A can a Coca Cola classic contains, what, about 100 calories? So, 4 cans a day would add a minimum of 400 calories.

How many is that in a year? 146000.

Yes, a minimum of  a hundred and forty six THOUSAND calories I'm cutting out of my diet by choosing a zero-calorie drink. That's as much as 40 pounds of fat I'm keeping off. I'm sitting at 160 pounds right now, so if I drank as much regular Coke as I do diet I'd be pushing 200+. (read: obese)

Yeah, I know some conspiracy nuts swear that aspartame is poison and diet Coke will kill you faster than regular, but I'm a man of science, I believe in evidence. There's not a single credible study that shows aspartame is in any way unsafe, yet every fool knows being obese is one of the absolute worst things you can do to your health. So which do you think I prefer?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 09, 06:19:51
When people say "Why are you drinking diet Coke? You're not fat!" You realize I'm not fat BECAUSE I choose diet, right?

First, I like the taste of diet Coke better than regular, so that's why I drink it, but it's by a lucky coincidence that it's a serious benefit to my Health: I drink ALOT of soda. At least 4 cans a day, usually more. A can a Coca Cola classic contains, what, about 100 calories? So, 4 cans a day would add a minimum of 400 calories.

How many is that in a year? 14600.

Yes, a minimum of  a hundred and forty six THOUSAND calories I'm cutting out of my diet by choosing a zero-calorie drink. That's as much as 40 pounds of fat I'm keeping off. I'm sitting at 160 pounds right now, so if I drank as much regular Coke as I do diet I'd be pushing 200+. (read: obese)

Yeah, I know some conspiracy nuts swear that aspartame is poison and diet Coke will kill you faster than regular, but I'm a man of science, I believe in evidence. There's not a single credible study that shows aspartame is in any way unsafe, yet every fool knows being obese is one of the absolute worst things you can do to your health. So which do you think I prefer?

Those people also don't seem to keep in mind that some people have diabetes and therefore shouldn't drink non-diet soda.

Speaking of diabetes and people who don't think about it, it seems that a lot of people don't know that getting diabetes isn't always that person's fault. There are different types of diabetes.

Also speaking of ignorance, there are people in the food industry who take it upon themselves to decide whether or not you should've ordered your food or drink the way you did. This is a very ignorant and dangerous thing to do.
- When someone asks for a diet soda, it doesn't matter that they're not fat, you give them diet soda. Don't think to yourself "Pfft, you don't need diet. Stop thinking you're fat!" and give them regular. They could be diabetic for all you know.
- When someone asks for decaffeinated coffee, don't think "What's the point of drinking coffee if it's decaff?" and give them regular. There are people who have a sensitivity to caffeine, but since decaff coffee exists, they can still enjoy the taste of coffee!
- When someone asks for their coffee with soy milk instead of actual milk, don't think "What a hipster" and give them regular milk. They could be lactose intolerant! I've also heard that if you have stomach ulcers, you can't drink milk, and if you do, it'll give you horrible stabbing pain in your stomach.
- If someone questions you about the food, whether it has stuff in it, or if someone tells you to leave out an ingredient, don't assume they're being picky. Food allergies are serious.

Speaking of food allergies, if you're gonna throw a party that people you don't know too much about are going to be at, please do not do that thing where you mix Skittles and M&Ms in a bowl together. People who are allergic to peanuts can't even touch M&Ms. All M&Ms are made in the same factories, so even regular M&Ms come in contact with the protein in peanuts that sets off the allergic reaction. When the M&Ms touch the Skittles, the Skittles can pick up the protein too. So, yeah, that said, if someone questions you about whether a candy or snack was made or packaged in a factory that makes or packages candy or snacks that have peanuts, they're not being picky. They're trying to make sure they won't end up in the hospital.

And speaking of cross contamination... Some people don't seem to understand that, when you're dealing with people who can't eat a certain ingredient, you can't just cook the meal with the ingredient in there and then take it out when you serve them their plates. It doesn't work like that! That ingredient's juices and proteins and whatnot have already seeped out and been absorbed by everything else! There are people who will cook a meal, take the meat out, and serve the rest to a vegetarian or vegan, not realizing that this will make that person sick. Yes, if you're vegetarian or vegan for a long enough time, your body can't process meat anymore, and meat will make you sick. Cooking a meal with meat in it and then taking the meat out does not make it vegetarian/vegan-friendly. The meat's juices and proteins have gotten into everything else. It's contaminated.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 09, 08:17:09
Spoiler: show
Those people also don't seem to keep in mind that some people have diabetes and therefore shouldn't drink non-diet soda.

Speaking of diabetes and people who don't think about it, it seems that a lot of people don't know that getting diabetes isn't always that person's fault. There are different types of diabetes.

Also speaking of ignorance, there are people in the food industry who take it upon themselves to decide whether or not you should've ordered your food or drink the way you did. This is a very ignorant and dangerous thing to do.
- When someone asks for a diet soda, it doesn't matter that they're not fat, you give them diet soda. Don't think to yourself "Pfft, you don't need diet. Stop thinking you're fat!" and give them regular. They could be diabetic for all you know.
- When someone asks for decaffeinated coffee, don't think "What's the point of drinking coffee if it's decaff?" and give them regular. There are people who have a sensitivity to caffeine, but since decaff coffee exists, they can still enjoy the taste of coffee!
- When someone asks for their coffee with soy milk instead of actual milk, don't think "What a hipster" and give them regular milk. They could be lactose intolerant! I've also heard that if you have stomach ulcers, you can't drink milk, and if you do, it'll give you horrible stabbing pain in your stomach.
- If someone questions you about the food, whether it has stuff in it, or if someone tells you to leave out an ingredient, don't assume they're being picky. Food allergies are serious.

Speaking of food allergies, if you're gonna throw a party that people you don't know too much about are going to be at, please do not do that thing where you mix Skittles and M&Ms in a bowl together. People who are allergic to peanuts can't even touch M&Ms. All M&Ms are made in the same factories, so even regular M&Ms come in contact with the protein in peanuts that sets off the allergic reaction. When the M&Ms touch the Skittles, the Skittles can pick up the protein too. So, yeah, that said, if someone questions you about whether a candy or snack was made or packaged in a factory that makes or packages candy or snacks that have peanuts, they're not being picky. They're trying to make sure they won't end up in the hospital.

And speaking of cross contamination... Some people don't seem to understand that, when you're dealing with people who can't eat a certain ingredient, you can't just cook the meal with the ingredient in there and then take it out when you serve them their plates. It doesn't work like that! That ingredient's juices and proteins and whatnot have already seeped out and been absorbed by everything else! There are people who will cook a meal, take the meat out, and serve the rest to a vegetarian or vegan, not realizing that this will make that person sick. Yes, if you're vegetarian or vegan for a long enough time, your body can't process meat anymore, and meat will make you sick. Cooking a meal with meat in it and then taking the meat out does not make it vegetarian/vegan-friendly. The meat's juices and proteins have gotten into everything else. It's contaminated.

Is it bad that the first thing I think about reading this is Jackie Chan's Uncle?  "One more thing!"  >:O

But in all seriousness, I haven't thought how difficult it can be to have a food allergy, and all the considerations that have to be taken.  That being said, I never thought that someone working in the food industry did have the right to make a choice for their customer: they ordered their food like that for a reason.  It reminds me of those chefs I see on Kitchen Nightmares claiming they've never had a complaint about the food in X amount of years despite the fact that the restaurant is usually failing.  Open-mindedness shouldn't be a suggestion in this case.

I recently joined the forums over at Terraria, but their quote button is at the bottom of the post you want to quote, where I'm used to the top like it is over here.  It's thrown me off a few times already.

LostSanity

The just announced second hiatus for MLP: FiM Season 5.

Haven't we dealt with a long enough hiatus as it is?!

>:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sweet Brew

Spoiler: Usual "stuff" • show
Having to share a room that has no door so I can hear the derp holes yell and argue about stupid things...

[hr]

Also, people who are overly protective of others...seriously, Get a grip! Call me mean, call me "uncaring" to my friends...
But they are special to me, yes, but the other person is special someone else! RESPECT OTHERS TOO YA DERPS!

Lync Volan

2015 Jul 09, 22:22:50 #16578 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 09, 22:25:14 by Lync Volan
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jul 09, 18:48:25

Most of my favorite shows are on hiatus namely Star Vs The Forces Of Evil & Ultimate Spider-man & Gravity Falls & Steven Universe
(Mlp goes without saying of course) ono

Post Merge

What the serious heck is up with all these super villains so called "reforming"
Spoiler: Batman the animated series • show
Catwomen reforms but not really

Poison Ivy reforms but not really

Riddler reforms but not really

Harley Quinn reforms but not really

Scar face almost didn't reform but in the end i think he did

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jul 10, 00:24:09 #16579 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 10, 00:56:07 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jul 09, 18:48:25

Why do shows keep doing this?! DD: We keep getting mini hiatuses for Steven Universe, though at least each mini hiatus ends in a "Steven Bomb" (a new episode each weekday for one week).

Post Merge

I wish I could levitate!! >A< We have a flea infestation, and every time I walk on the floor, my feet and legs get swarmed by fleas! My feet and legs have red speckles on them from all the flea bites! My legs have become itchy! Our cats are avoiding the floor at all costs, and I wish I could do that too! Someone, please, grant me the ability to levitate!! I'll give you a pizza!

Go Up