Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

Chirp

Majem looked at Nova with an annoyed look on his face. "Easy for you to say. All I can think of is water, I even hear the noise of waves in my head." He then realized why it was and smacked himself in the face. He closed his eyes and with a white flash, his mane and his tail returned back to hair. His white hair was extremely messy after that moment, but that was the least of his worries.
He closed his eyes again, without distraction this time, he concentrated on the mana sphere. For a brief moment, some colours were refracted by his spell, but the effort was to great for Majem and he ended up with a headache.

Nala Valor

TimeRight

Spoiler: show
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 19, 00:58:24
Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Oct 19, 00:18:37
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 18, 10:50:51"Actually, two individuals, and yes, one is what you might term a traveller.  He happens to teach Time Magic here, actually.  The other would happen to be Twilight Sparkle, which contrary to popular opinion against her detractors, is not from another dimension."

"Oh I know about Twilight. She was one of the first ponies to help me learn how to control simple magics. Also a traveler that knows time magic... that rings a bell." Time Right quickly backed off noticing how close they are. He then remembered the reason he was there. "I need you to help me find out how my magic works, and why I am able to use it... oh also how to properly use it... Luna and Twilight told me to come here"
"Did They indeed?" chuckled Feather.  "I'm quite honored.  Find out how your magic works, eh?  I suppose the first step would to be termine exactly what your magic entails.  Could you describe to me exactly what occurs when using this unknown magic?"

"I can show you one of the two unique spells" Time Right said as he started focusing. He closed his eyes as he backed off from feather scroll. His horns glow started becoming more intense ans all of a sudden a aura that almost looked like the night sky sounded Time Right as Feather scroll saw the ground beneath Time Rights hooves crack and objects around him where pushed away as if they where falling because of gravity. "see gravitational manipulation. I would show you my time bending spell but I would need another pony for that." Time Right said as he opened his eyes. the bottom of his whites where slowly being filled with what looked like the night sky and his aura was also slowly changing too. "interesting no?" he said as he dispelled the spell and the night sky in his eyes slowly disappeared.
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

PPBG

Shard sighed.
[glow=navy,2,300]( Back to square one.)[/glow]
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Chirp

Majem gave up on trying at all. He rested his head on the desk and rubbed the sides of his head. "Oww, oww, oww."

Lusterless Nova

nova watched the students practice this spell. Only few made some progress.
It looks like this is too advanced for some of you. This is difficult and a big step toward learning illusion magic. If you can't make progress now don't worry. There are a lot of books in the library which might help you. If you want you are free to go if you want to give up trying it here.
Those of you who want to continue please remain on your seats.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Oct 20, 15:00:02
Spoiler: show
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 19, 00:58:24
Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Oct 19, 00:18:37
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 18, 10:50:51"Actually, two individuals, and yes, one is what you might term a traveller.  He happens to teach Time Magic here, actually.  The other would happen to be Twilight Sparkle, which contrary to popular opinion against her detractors, is not from another dimension."

"Oh I know about Twilight. She was one of the first ponies to help me learn how to control simple magics. Also a traveler that knows time magic... that rings a bell." Time Right quickly backed off noticing how close they are. He then remembered the reason he was there. "I need you to help me find out how my magic works, and why I am able to use it... oh also how to properly use it... Luna and Twilight told me to come here"
"Did They indeed?" chuckled Feather.  "I'm quite honored.  Find out how your magic works, eh?  I suppose the first step would to be termine exactly what your magic entails.  Could you describe to me exactly what occurs when using this unknown magic?"

"I can show you one of the two unique spells" Time Right said as he started focusing. He closed his eyes as he backed off from feather scroll. His horns glow started becoming more intense ans all of a sudden a aura that almost looked like the night sky sounded Time Right as Feather scroll saw the ground beneath Time Rights hooves crack and objects around him where pushed away as if they where falling because of gravity. "see gravitational manipulation. I would show you my time bending spell but I would need another pony for that." Time Right said as he opened his eyes. the bottom of his whites where slowly being filled with what looked like the night sky and his aura was also slowly changing too. "interesting no?" he said as he dispelled the spell and the night sky in his eyes slowly disappeared.
Feather paced, more fascinated and intrigued than at all scared.  Time tutoring some of the best and most powerful unicorns in Equestria tends to remove fear and surprise from a researcher.  "The aura is definitely reminiscent of Princess Luna's, but the spell resembles those that were most famously invented by Starswirl the Bearded.  Gravitational manipulation and time bending are actually extremely similar, as both involve the change in the Lorentz Factor of space-time.  It is related to teleportation spells and might be classified as a type of low level reality warping."

He looked at the pony in curiosity, observing the aura.  "In fact, it actually bears some resemblance to Alicorn abilities... How in Equestria did you come by this power in the first place?"
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Drgnwolf

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Oct 20, 09:14:14
Nova turns to Felt Whisper.
I see. Try to make it in time next time.

"My apologies, I got lost for a bit, i'll need to memorize the hallways before I can move around without some form of a map.X3
Felt went on a took a seat and tried to do as instructed, but he was having no better luck than most of his fellow students..
"Alright, come on, concentrate...."He said to himself as he tried to form a lens in front of him, clearly he'd need much, much more practice.

TimeRight

Quote from: The Wandering Magus link=topic=4341.msg405403#msg405403Feather paced, more fascinated and intrigued than at all scared.  Time tutoring some of the best and most powerful unicorns in Equestria tends to remove fear and surprise from a researcher.  "The aura is definitely reminiscent of Princess Luna's, but the spell resembles those that were most famously invented by Starswirl the Bearded.  Gravitational manipulation and time bending are actually extremely similar, as both involve the change in the Lorentz Factor of space-time.  It is related to teleportation spells and might be classified as a type of low level reality warping."

He looked at the pony in curiosity, observing the aura.  "In fact, it actually bears some resemblance to Alicorn abilities... How in Equestria did you come by this power in the first place?"

"Ok.... you will think I'm crazy but here goes. So I'm sitting at my desk in a different dimension. I'm a bipedal being with little to no hair. I was watching a show that is basically the adeventures of the elements of harmony and then BAM! white light and I wake up a pony" Time Right says looking around as his eyes where now back to normal. "I find out i am able to tell the time of any place in equestira. i know each second. i learned how to ignore it to fall asleep about one month ago. i always had these abilities but when i tried mixing them to try moving at light speed i used the wrong amount of each and ended up... i don't know how long ago but starswrill the bearded has a little beard and was powerful but still not a master... Oh yeah i ended up saving princess Luna's life, taking the brunt force of Celestias royal canterlot voice, and then getting my head shoved into a rip in space and time. Starswrill said i have potential." Time Right stopped trying to remember. "Then with the princesses help and Starswril I was sent back home and since then my control over these two spells has increased exponentially. So I don't know why I have this magic, how it actually works besides it mentally drains me and its current effects." Time Right explained everything hoping Feather Scroll didn't just kick him out for being crazy
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Lusterless Nova

Some ponies left the room. Nova looked after them and noted their names.
(Too bad. I hope they will catch up)

If you still have trouble maybe a example will help you.

nova took a seat at his desk. A ray of light came to it.

PPBG

My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Oct 20, 16:55:10
Quote from: The Wandering Magus link=topic=4341.msg405403#msg405403Feather paced, more fascinated and intrigued than at all scared.  Time tutoring some of the best and most powerful unicorns in Equestria tends to remove fear and surprise from a researcher.  "The aura is definitely reminiscent of Princess Luna's, but the spell resembles those that were most famously invented by Starswirl the Bearded.  Gravitational manipulation and time bending are actually extremely similar, as both involve the change in the Lorentz Factor of space-time.  It is related to teleportation spells and might be classified as a type of low level reality warping."

"Ok.... you will think I'm crazy but here goes. So I'm sitting at my desk in a different dimension. I'm a bipedal being with little to no hair. I was watching a show that is basically the adeventures of the elements of harmony and then BAM! white light and I wake up a pony" Time Right says looking around as his eyes where now back to normal. "I find out i am able to tell the time of any place in equestira. i know each second. i learned how to ignore it to fall asleep about one month ago. i always had these abilities but when i tried mixing them to try moving at light speed i used the wrong amount of each and ended up... i don't know how long ago but starswrill the bearded has a little beard and was powerful but still not a master... Oh yeah i ended up saving princess Luna's life, taking the brunt force of Celestias royal canterlot voice, and then getting my head shoved into a rip in space and time. Starswrill said i have potential." Time Right stopped trying to remember. "Then with the princesses help and Starswril I was sent back home and since then my control over these two spells has increased exponentially. So I don't know why I have this magic, how it actually works besides it mentally drains me and its current effects." Time Right explained everything hoping Feather Scroll didn't just kick him out for being crazy
Feather had long ago taken out a notepad, and was now furiously scribbling out notes on it.  "Well.  You're not lying, at least you're not saying anything that you don't personally believe to be false.  Fascinating, truly fascinating.  I've heard of and studied the Many Worlds theory, but never in my life had I ever expected it to be verified in this manner."

He looked up at Time Right, an inquisitive and focused expression on his face.  "Bipedal beings with no hair on the body, approximating the shape of a primate, with advanced technology imitating the effects of magic... an almost exact description of Homo Sapiens Sapiens as described by Miss Heartstrings not too long ago when she was here researching Xenobiology, or as she termed it, 'Anthropology'.  I hadn't put much though into it before, but it seems that the magic of our world, or possibly the magic between the worlds, either transported your mind and memory, or your entire body, into this world, twisting and shaping it to allow you to fully integrate.  I've only heard of one other case, and that one is an imperial secret.  And you say you gained the magic afterwards with Princess Luna's help?  Then it is no wonder that your aura is so similar to Hers and Starswirl's."

He looked down at his notes for a long moment.  "You say you can tell the time of any place in Equestria, and can move at light speed.  That should not have resulted in reversing the flow of time around you.  Did you break the light barrier?"
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lusterless Nova

First of all, like i already said, you have to be calm. Think of something that helps you clear your mind. Then wait a while and focus.
Nova closes his eyes and starts focusing. He uses his mana. It comes of his horn and forms a cube of mana
Once you are calm think of somethin that reflects or shatters light.
A crystal, glass, a prism, anything that is transparent.

The cube becomes transparent. The light ray is shattered a bit.
Change the form. Imagine how you press and move it.
The Cube becomes flat and is reduced to a square. The light that is shattered forms a rainbow line on the table.
Okay one more push. Now i imagine how i hold it on the edges while pushing the center up. Then i'll make it round.
Nova imagines just what he said. It bends and forms a lens. The light on his table forms a rainbow circle.

Tuseday Fraulein

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 20, 13:19:30
Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 19, 22:54:53
From the front door Tuseday wander in the front door form her travels to what appeared to be an administration desk. Gently she rang the bell
Excuse me, but is there some pony I can speak to?

The Secretary came in from a door and bowed, embarrassed.  "I'm so sorry for making you wait.  Is there something I can do for you?"
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Oct 20, 09:20:42
((After some major absence, I'm coming back!))

Melody was modifying a seal that she had put in the class.

((welcome back!! :D))

Id like an admittance form, if its not too much trouble..
I am who I am, what you see and what you don't

Drgnwolf

Felt watched Nova intently, taking down notes if he had to.

LostSanity

Mage was struggling, so, he stopped. For the moment anyway. Then, he payed attention to what Nova was doing. That's when he remembered his somewhat "private" lesson he had with him earlier.

Mage did the same thing he did before. He cleared his mind of everything. As far as Mage was concerned, it was only him, and the ray of light.

He focused his mana and tried to make something transparent. He decided the easiest thing to make would be glass.

He tried just that.

He opened his eyes... and he saw... he did it!! However, he was only able to hold it for a few seconds before he was forced to stop the spell.

Mage then breathed heavily out loud.

"Aw... man... looks... like... I... need... magic... endurance... or... something... like... that... training. I... used... up... my... magic... to... quickly..." remarked Mage as he attempted to catch his breath.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 20, 18:45:41
From the front door Tuseday wander in the front door form her travels to what appeared to be an administration desk. Gently she rang the bell

The Secretary came in from a door and bowed, embarrassed.  "I'm so sorry for making you wait.  Is there something I can do for you?"

"Done!"

A scroll puffed into existence in front of the pony, along with a quill that filled itself with ink.

Lusterless Nova

Nova watched mage's try. He chuckled and took a bottle of water out of his saddlebag and levitated it to him.
This was a good try. You may need some more stamina but i am satisfied with your result. Take some rest.
He wrote something on a piece of paper.

Chirp

Majem's headache finally cleared a little, but he still felt drained of magic.
"This isn't my kind of magic." He thought and walked up to Nova, with one hoof against his head.

"Teach, can you tell me where the cafetaria is? I'm hungry and need some rest." Majem wanted to get out of here and didn't think about being polite or respectful towards Nova. He'd rather not speak to him, but Majem was still clueless about locations in the academy.

Tuseday Fraulein

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 20, 18:58:34
Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 20, 18:45:41

"Done!"

A scroll puffed into existence in front of the pony, along with a quill that filled itself with ink.

Almost as soon as she'd received the form, Tuseday had filled it out and returned it to the kind pony
I am who I am, what you see and what you don't

Go Up