Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Elphyda

You can block accounts on dA, you know....

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 23, 17:58:43
I hate men's suits. Why? Because to me they sort of put off this weird aura of arrogance.

Quick, name some professions that wear suits. Off the top of my head : Politicians, executives, bankers, pundits, ect. To me, wearing a suit is sort of a nonverbal way of saying "I'm above you." I know that's a really one-dimensional; probably judgmental, way of looking at it. I don't know, I just don't like them, I'm weird like that.

If I'm elected president someday I won't wear a suit. Seriously. Could you imagine a president give his inaugural address in jeans and a hoody? Now that's one cool president!

Think about villains who wear suits, especially ones who don't have a job that typically means wearing a suit.
Smug, likes to think he's classy, tries to act like he has standards, but when he snaps, he can potentially be intimidating.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Nuserame

They do say, the biggest criminals wear a suit and a friendly smile.

Then again most people wearing a suit are obligated to do so by their jobs.

Spoiler: Stuff • show
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=2523.msg863566#msg863566 date=1414081050]
[quote author=Nuserame link=topic=2523.msg863565#msg863565 date=1414079134]
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 23, 08:14:33
The fact that Youtube lags when trying to load a page that shows a bunch of videos to choose from and the menu sidebar.
Also, the fact that Youtube just made Firefox crash because of this lag.
ALSO, the fact that I just opened and closed Firefox multiple times because it would not stop opening all of the tabs that I had, thus causing it to lag all over again!

If Firefox crashed, don't you think I would rather you not reopen the tab that caused the freaking crash in the first place?!!! I really, really wish browsers would bring up a window asking us which tabs we want restored, so we don't end up with the problem tab plaguing us until the browser finally decides to open on the startup page instead!

*Rages everywhere*
... *Actually, calm now* Bleh. :\

Post Merge

Note: It's a rather small amount of lag, but the delay is still slightly bothersome.
And I had multiple tabs and a flash game open at the time.

My firefox actually does that, the asking what pages should be restored that is.

It also hasn't gotten any lags or crashes in ages either, maybe update it and adobe flash?

Also about admin duties: They are a lot more fun on game servers. I moderated/maintained a Jedi Knight 3 server (so old yet so awesome...), where we could get pretty... creative when dealing with troublemakers. I made a policy of not outright kicking players on first offenses as most got the point after a warning and kicking players really hurts traffic levels, but for the ones that simply made a point out of misbehaving we had a whole range of command to explode, slap, teleport, rename to silly names or be made invisible to other players and also unable to hit any of them. We used to make bets on how long it would take one to notice.

Yeeeah those were they days!

I can imagine wiki patrol duty being annoying though. Most users are anonymous and no satisfaction of exploding anyone.
[/quote]
It's funny how some anons seem to think that they can't be punished, when the admins can do an IP ban. :P
This can sometimes lead to people causing trouble more because they think they're invincible just because they don't have a username. Some of them also probably don't realize that everyone can see their IP address, and if they stir up too much trouble, people will actually memorize their IP address. That, and the wiki makes a helpful list of every single edit, comment, and forum post that you make and places that list on your profile, regardless of whether or not you have an account. So all the admin has to do is click their IP address to go to their profile, click Contributions, and go through the list to see that they've been committing serial vandalism or starting flamewars or posting spoilers, etc.

Though, the guy who got into an edit war with an admin actually has an account.
[hr]Post Merge[hr]
The hype train for the new RWBY episode has hit me, and I can't get off! Even worse, the new episode is mocking me with its title: "No Brakes"

The hype train for No Brakes has no brakes! D:

The sponsors who've seen the episode are freaking out over it, saying how amazing it is and how crazy everything got, and some of them were actually intimidated, and and and and and and and adn adn adna ndfands faonaowoe rnahwoeraowera *Foams at the mouth*

I can't see the episode until 6:30, and it's 3:55 right now! Curse you, sponsors!! DD:
[/quote]

IP bans are actually remarkably easy to avoid with proxy/VPN services, plenty of which are free to use.

Then again most spammers and vandals aren't the brighter sort. I'm honestly surprised some of them found the 'on' button for their computer...
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

My dad and I both hate formal wear, and my dad insists he will never again wear a suit. Ever. Eeeeverrrrrrr.

I'm more for wearing something that feels comfortable and has a look that I actually like and have an interest in.
Therefore, I have never understood people who follow every single fashion trend just because that's what's "in" right now. If I think it's ugly and/or uncomfortable, I'm not gonna wear it. I don't care that it's popular.

One winter in middle school, I started wearing ugg boots because they were warm and more comfy for the winter weather than regular shoes. Some girl in the PE locker room was like "Uh, you know those aren't popular anymore, right?" I just kinda shrugged and said "I don't care."
To be honest, I hadn't known that they were popular at some point. :\ Why? Because I couldn't care less!

My life is filled with me choosing things I like regardless of how popular or unpopular it is, and I really don't understand people who are obsessed with only going with every single new popular thing just because the crowd says "This is what's cool right now" and then straightup abandoning it as soon as it stops being "the cool thing."
If you actually liked it, you wouldn't just throw it in the trash as soon as the crowd loses interest in it.

Midnight Breeze

Pipkin

I used pictures for my annoyance!!

MrEmu

Putting too much sugar in my tea...
Spoiler: My face which too much sugar • show

GuitarBrony

Math lesson for everypony

Midnight shift at work + Near freezing temperature + Heavy rain throughout =

Anypony?

If you guessed Sick GuitarBrony, you guessed right...
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Pipkin

Story time

So I had to go to work on about 2 hours of sleep, because livestream, and an awesome artist drew Darcy, squee and all that.  This mixed with frost and fog made for a very annoyed Darcy....the only thing worse than that is not being able to stop for coffee.

I have coffee at work, whatever....I walk into work to find no coffee mugs in the break room.  I went almost an hour at work before I was able to go to Tim's for coffee.  I was mad.

Turns out two department managers one department manager and the dairy supervisor who thinks he's a manager, were getting sick of washing the dishes and HID them above a produce display counter, which I found by rewinding the security cameras, hence why I was late getting home from work

The irony is, those managers are the ones MAKING all those dirty dishes

So I left them a little note

People need to grow up  :l

Chishio Kunrin

People are furious with an 11-year-old for hunting a deer. So furious, in fact, that they have threatened him.
For hunting
a deer.
:l
As a southerner who belongs to a family that eats deer for breakfast every Thanksgiving, I find this truly ridiculous and horrible.

I understand that there are people who're against hunting, but
1. Don't go yelling at a child and frightening him for going on a hunting trip.
2. In some places, people have to hunt deer. That's right, I said have to.

I wouldn't expect northerners to understand, but in some areas here in the south, hunting deer is a necessity.
Every deer season, only a certain limited number of hunting permits are given out and those with permits are only allowed to hunt a certain limited number of deer.

You know why we do this?
So the deer population doesn't grow so out of control that it spills over into towns and cities. And believe me, it will. One way or another, people are going to hunt deer in order to keep them from causing problems within towns and cities, so might as well make a sport out of it. Even better if you take it home and eat it. And like I said, you're only allowed to hunt a limited number of deer, which keeps people from overhunting.

So don't act like the only reason we hunt deer is for sick barbaric reasons. And don't scare a poor 11-year-old child for it, either.

Little Star

When everyone is too busy for you.
Lately I've been extremely lonely to the point of tears.. My best friend has been replacing me, and my other one has just been.... busy.

My mom hasn't had time for me because of work and stuff so I'm basically just always.... Alone..

That's my worst fear. Being alone.
I hate being alone.. It's the worst feeling in the entire world..

Randam Saiko

Spoiler: When your friend is in a fandom that you're not in and force you to do something fandom related • show

Don't try to convert people unless they're genuinely interested into it.
Spoiler: When I'm doing something horror related with friends who can't handle horror. • show

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Peace Keeper

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 24, 20:43:27
Lately I've been extremely lonely to the point of tears.. My best friend has been replacing me, and my other one has just been.... busy.

My mom hasn't had time for me because of work and stuff so I'm basically just always.... Alone..

I know that feel. I also sometimes fear of being alone.

I was usually the lonely kid throughout K-12 usually because of my shyness and fear. There were times I just say hi, I'm either ignoreed, or sometimes they say something that upsets me.

It is things like these that I still exhibit these feelings. It is my behavior that even my mom thinks I may have autism. I looked it up, and crazy enough, some behaviors of autism match my behavior. It's probably the reason I hardly have friends, and the ones I made, I will never seen them again. Well, even if I do comfirm to have autism, I still try to live every day happy.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Elphyda

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 25, 00:57:21

I was usually the lonely kid throughout K-12 usually because of my shyness and fear. There were times I just say hi, I'm either ignoreed, or sometimes they say something that upsets me.

It is things like these that I still exhibit these feelings. It is my behavior that even my mom thinks I may have autism. I looked it up, and crazy enough, some behaviors of autism match my behavior. It's probably the reason I hardly have friends, and the ones I made, I will never seen them again. Well, even if I do comfirm to have autism, I still try to live every day happy.

I also know what it is like to be alone.  I have grown to be a soloist because of this, but it still hurts.  It is something that I just have to live with every day.

MrEmu

Spoiler: alone stuff • show
[quote author=chisoka link=topic=2523.msg864092#msg864092 date=1414218689]
[quote author=Peace Keeper link=topic=2523.msg864064#msg864064 date=1414213041]
[quote author=StarSong link=topic=2523.msg863996#msg863996 date=1414197807]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I also know what it is like to be alone.  I have grown to be a soloist because of this, but it still hurts.  It is something that I just have to live with every day.
[/quote]
Spoiler: My take on the matter • show
I'm alone as well, people can't take the mistakes others make to ruin my life, so they leave me alone...or I just wallow in my self pity, I'll never know and always question myself because of these people.
I'm also alone because, admittedly I over react...or I know people as well as I think I do...Once again, I'll never know because of them.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 24, 20:10:56
People are furious with an 11-year-old for hunting a deer. So furious, in fact, that they have threatened him.
For hunting
a deer.
As a southerner who belongs to a family that eats deer for breakfast every Thanksgiving, I find this truly ridiculous and horrible.

I wouldn't expect northerners to understand, but in some areas here in the south, hunting deer is a necessity.
Every deer season, only a certain limited number of hunting permits are given out and those with permits are only allowed to hunt a certain limited number of deer.

You know why we do this?
So the deer population doesn't grow so out of control that it spills over into towns and cities. And believe me, it will. One way or another, people are going to hunt deer in order to keep them from causing problems within towns and cities, so might as well make a sport out of it. Even better if you take it home and eat it. And like I said, you're only allowed to hunt a limited number of deer, which keeps people from overhunting.

So don't act like the only reason we hunt deer is for sick barbaric reasons. And don't scare a poor 11-year-old child for it, either.

Would you rather let someone go deer hunting or let deer cause car accidents and kill themselves AND people!?
That reminds me of when some people had to kill a few wolves to let their sheep live, would you rather let the people kill a few wolves or let wolves eat all the sheep and let the people starve to death?

Nuserame

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 25, 00:57:21

Beware of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

And your probably referring to Asperger's. Autistic children are unable to attend a regular school. Keep in mind that most psychological disorders are diagnosed as a list of properties which are common in 'normal' people everywhere to a certain degree.

Also self diagnosis is worst diagnosis. As I said to other people here, go see a professional so you at least know what your in for.

And if it does prove positive then well, it doesn't make you a different person. Just explains some stuff about yourself.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Rissian

2014 Oct 25, 09:57:44 #14457 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 25, 10:00:25 by Trege
For hunting
a deer.

You know why we do this?

Not only that but deer contains more iron and protein than beef does and deer is also leaner and healthier for you if prepared properly. Also based on an article I was reading the deer population is estimated at over 15 million in the US alone and that's only white tailed deer there's other types as well that are also vastly populated. Some towns had deer wondering into Restaurants/shops randomly when the automatic doors opened.  lol

Hunters are only allowed to hunt 1 doe and 2 buck per year if I recall. My oldest sister's husband often hunts deer yearly and shares it with the rest of the family and that's really helpful when some of us are low on funds for food on a weekly basis during the bad years. So they need to lay off that kid and let him hunt in peace.

Hunting is also a necessity for some people up north as well. Especially in areas that get heavy snowfall making vehicle travel non ideal. My aunt and Uncle up north survive off basically hunting deer and freezing the meat.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 25, 03:09:35
For hunting
a deer.

You know why we do this?

Would you rather let someone go deer hunting or let deer cause car accidents and kill themselves AND people!?
That reminds me of when some people had to kill a few wolves to let their sheep live, would you rather let the people kill a few wolves or let wolves eat all the sheep and let the people starve to death?

^ One of the instructors at the driving school I attended told us about a night class she was working once where she and the students were on a country road, and she was quizzing the driver and the student in the back seat. She asked what all you need to try to keep an eye out for on country roads, especially at night. The girl listed some things off, and the instructor said "And?"
And then
a deer...
ran out of the woods, right in front of the car.
The girl's reaction?
To slam on the brakes, scream, and then whimper "Was that part of the test...??" >.<
X3 Poor girl was so shaken up, she needed to take the back seat for the rest of the night.
Quote from: Trege on 2014 Oct 25, 09:57:44
For hunting
a deer.

You know why we do this?

Not only that but deer contains more iron and protein than beef does and deer is also leaner and healthier for you if prepared properly. Also based on an article I was reading the deer population is estimated at over 15 million in the US alone and that's only white tailed deer there's other types as well that are also vastly populated. Some towns had deer wondering into Restaurants/shops randomly when the automatic doors opened.  lol

Hunters are only allowed to hunt 1 doe and 2 buck per year if I recall. My oldest sister's husband often hunts deer yearly and shares it with the rest of the family and that's really helpful when some of us are low on funds for food on a weekly basis during the bad years. So they need to lay off that kid and let him hunt in peace.

Hunting is also a necessity for some people up north as well. Especially in areas that get heavy snowfall making vehicle travel non ideal. My aunt and Uncle up north survive off basically hunting deer and freezing the meat.

Neato! Yeah, I actually should've said northeast and even other places like Nevada and big cities like Los Angeles. Those were the kinds of places I was thinking about when I wrote that. People who grow up in places where nobody hunts often don't entirely understand why they do it. They just hear "hunt for sport" and hear animals like deer referred to as "game animals" and just assume that we don't have any real reason to hunt.

I heard one state... I think it was... Florida? One of the states that has a huge problem with exotic snakes like boas... They decided to have yearly roundups where people catch wild boas and stuff and turn them in for money. Snakes like that have become a huge problem because they're an exotic species introduced into the environment by people who don't want them as pets anymore. People need to realize that exotic pets should never be released into the wild. It's horribly irresponsible, as introducing a new species to the area can cause huge problems in the ecosystem and can even lead some species to approach becoming endangered, even if the animal you released is a herbivore.

ComputerDeathglare

That a year after I left, this thread is STILL GOING.  >:O
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Go Up