what would happen to the bronys if my little pony was no more?

Started by princesswarmheart, 2013 May 05, 06:13:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Edanite

Be heart broken for a short while. Find something new and move on, eventually.
With any luck the next gen will be just as good as the current, if we get one.

Bro1997

Quote from: Edanite on 2014 Aug 10, 15:05:37
Be heart broken for a short while. Find something new and move on, eventually.
With any luck the next gen will be just as good as the current, if we get one.

Don't get your hopes up, Edanite. Nobody knows what G5 will have in store for us. It could be as good as G4, but then again it might not. I'm not even sure if G5 will even have a television series. If it does, It'll probably be animated in CGI animation and be a internet television series exclusively on Netflix or something. Because by the time G4 does end in 2019, The Hub might be on it's last leg. The idea of pay television and television in general is becoming more and more outdated and inefficient. Not to mention, Hasbro probably wouldn't fricken care to save the unexpected adult audience despite all the revenue it has produced over the last four years. It only cares that it gets a good reputation from female MLP fans and the general public. It'll be 500 years before ponies become more appropriate for everyone to enjoy.

Edanite

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 19:29:07
Don't get your hopes up, Edanite. Nobody knows what G5 will have in store for us. It could be as good as G4, but then again it might not. I'm not even sure if G5 will even have a television series. If it does, It'll probably be animated in CGI animation and be a internet television series exclusively on Netflix or something. Because by the time G4 does end in 2019, The Hub might be on it's last leg. The idea of pay television and television in general is becoming more and more outdated and inefficient. Not to mention, Hasbro probably wouldn't fricken care to save the unexpected adult audience despite all the revenue it has produced over the last four years. It only cares that it gets a good reputation from female MLP fans and the general public. It'll be 500 years before ponies become more appropriate for everyone to enjoy.

Fair point. I don't have any real positive hopes or expectations for a series after the current. I fully expect that if we do, it would be a failed attempt (in regards to the older community). I'd expect it to drift closer to the earlier gens in execution then the current one.
But since I usually keep a low expectation for near everything, I'd be only indifferent in finding I'm correct, or pleasantly surprised when I'm wrong.

serena072205

for one thing my life would be over and the second thing my mom would tell me to quit loving MLP FIM even more frequently.  D:

Bro1997

Quote from: Edanite on 2014 Aug 12, 04:29:28
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 11, 19:29:07

Fair point. I don't have any real positive hopes or expectations for a series after the current. I fully expect that if we do, it would be a failed attempt (in regards to the older community). I'd expect it to drift closer to the earlier gens in execution then the current one.
But since I usually keep a low expectation for near everything, I'd be only indifferent in finding I'm correct, or pleasantly surprised when I'm wrong.

I'm thinking that they needed Lauren Faust because she knew how to boost sales for MLP. I don't think Hasbro had really good ideas on how to reboot MLP again. After all, they tried with G3.5 and the majority of fans weren't happy about it. I believe Hasbro will try to prevent the Brony fandom from lasting any longer then the 2010s. They don't want anyone to be bullied and as far as I know, some have done some nasty stuff as well. I also think they care more about the young female audience (Ages 2-11 Years of age) then any other fan category for MLP. As I said, G5 might be like G2 and not have a TV series or animation AT ALL!!! Considering television isn't going to last beyond 2022 or something. I'd be shocked if an animated movie at least was released. Just keep in mind, if it does have a TV series expect it to be like Filly Funtasia.

Edanite

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 10:42:39
I'm thinking that they needed Lauren Faust because she knew how to boost sales for MLP. I don't think Hasbro had really good ideas on how to reboot MLP again. After all, they tried with G3.5 and the majority of fans weren't happy about it. I believe Hasbro will try to prevent the Brony fandom from lasting any longer then the 2010s. They don't want anyone to be bullied and as far as I know, some have done some nasty stuff as well. I also think they care more about the young female audience (Ages 2-11 Years of age) then any other fan category for MLP. As I said, G5 might be like G2 and not have a TV series or animation AT ALL!!! Considering television isn't going to last beyond 2022 or something. I'd be shocked if an animated movie at least was released. Just keep in mind, if it does have a TV series expect it to be like Filly Funtasia.

No arguments from me, i suppose.  :P

Bro1997

Quote from: Edanite on 2014 Aug 12, 10:57:48
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 10:42:39

No arguments from me, i suppose.  :P

Let's just end it, right here alright. Because this is the truth. Hasbro has and will only care about the children. NOT THE ADULTS! This isn't Nintendo we are talking about you now.

Edanite

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 11:00:40
Let's just end it, right here alright. Because this is the truth. Hasbro has and will only care about the children. NOT THE ADULTS! This isn't Nintendo we are talking about you now.

Curious way to put it. I don't particularly care either way but I should probably point this out. Not anywhere did I state that the show was for the adults. I merely pointed out that they would be the most likely to complain if (and I stress the word if) a new series comes out.

Night Pony

Because the show isn't for adults. It's for young children and family. It appealing because there are many similarities with The Powerpuff Girls which was from our youth and also targeted at young children and family.
Hasbro is interested in targeting towards young girls. For boys they have Transformers. They are a toy company after all, since when does grown up interested in toys?

But anyway this is off topic.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Bro1997

Quote from: Edanite on 2014 Aug 12, 11:53:39
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 11:00:40

Curious way to put it. I don't particularly care either way but I should probably point this out. Not anywhere did I state that the show was for the adults. I merely pointed out that they would be the most likely to complain if (and I stress the word if) a new series comes out.

What about? The quality of the show? Big deal if it is in CGI animation! Since when did you have a problem with G1 and G3 anyway? Is it because it's girlish or something? Big Deal.

Post Merge

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Aug 12, 12:03:20
Because the show isn't for adults. It's for young children and family. It appealing because there are many similarities with The Powerpuff Girls which was from our youth and also targeted at young children and family.
Hasbro is interested in targeting towards young girls. For boys they have Transformers. They are a toy company after all, since when does grown up interested in toys?

But anyway this is off topic.

Lot's of adults enjoy toys. Sure, I did like the Powerpuff Girls and that was probably intended for young females too. Also, are you really saying that it's bad for boys to like MLP and girls to like Transformers? Because it's not. Is an adult that watches cartoons about ponies considering childish? Because if you do, you should be ashamed of yourself. I like Pokémon and MLP and I'm an adult. Don't judge people and let them enjoy what they enjoy. Although, I agree with you. This is off-topic. Sorry about that.

Edanite

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 15:14:30
What about? The quality of the show? Big deal if it is in CGI animation! Since when did you have a problem with G1 and G3 anyway? Is it because it's girlish or something? Big Deal.

Oh no, the mannerism and construction of your last two posts, this one included, suggest a minor amount of hostility. Not that I'm saying you're angry or having a go at me, just that you're putting more stock into this conversation then I thought was worthy. I assume you're approaching this as though it was an argument though I can't phantom why.
Assuming that is the case then I find it unfortunate that there never was one on my end. As much as I enjoy constructive arguments and debates, to which I apologise.

All in all, we are really starting to drift away from the topic of the tread. Heh, pity the OSW is over, could have teamed up and done some quests and pointless adventures.

Pipkin

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder to remain on topic and be courteous to each other as you post, thank you!

cloudwilk

Quote from: serena072205 on 2014 Aug 12, 10:24:02
for one thing my life would be over and the second thing my mom would tell me to quit loving MLP FIM even more frequently.  D:

Egh... It's funny how mom's don't seem to understand our interests XP

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Aug 12, 16:23:54
Hey guys, just a friendly reminder to remain on topic and be courteous to each other as you post, thank you!

I'm sorry. I tend to get aggressive at times when people tend to post things I don't agree with. But I'll stop this conversation only because several users want me to. Also, another argument was on the rise anyway. Thanks for the reminder. I'll get off this thread.

Post Merge

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 12, 18:28:35
Quote from: serena072205 on 2014 Aug 12, 10:24:02

Egh... It's funny how mom's don't seem to understand our interests XP

Well, most parents really won't. They don't really know any better then the fact that it isn't appropriate for anyone who is a male to love ponies. Let alone, any adult in general. The best way to deal with this is to move out and enjoy your interests if it gets too severe. Parents shouldn't be like this, but they are because they care about us and just want to protect us. I respect that in all ways.

cloudwilk

My thing is that they just don't really understand my likes. They're not always particularly against it, they just don't have the.. kindness? towards it. For instance, games. They don't understand the importance of getting to the next save point, so they just get annoyed when I don't immediately turn the machine off.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

EpicPixel

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 07:09:22
My thing is that they just don't really understand my likes. They're not always particularly against it, they just don't have the.. kindness? towards it. For instance, games. They don't understand the importance of getting to the next save point, so they just get annoyed when I don't immediately turn the machine off.

They're trying to teach you that there is more to life then games. The idea of growing up is to learn skills necessary for living independent. I'm thinking that they don't understand because they want you to think more like a grown up. Yes, it's hurtful but at the same time it's suppose to get you to become a normal, functioning young man. 

SovietTwi

(No joking about that please. -Ateren)
Hi comrade!

StormieSkys

If the show ended? Nothin' would change. Some fans may die off, but most would stay, some may join watching re-runs. My perdiction is that the series will reach it's conclusion in season 6, and the fandom will continue to go strong, but will soon die out or may eventually completely transform due to lack of canon grounding.

Bro1997

Quote from: StormieSkys on 2014 Aug 16, 17:53:25
If the show ended? Nothin' would change. Some fans may die off, but most would stay, some may join watching re-runs. My perdiction is that the series will reach it's conclusion in season 6, and the fandom will continue to go strong, but will soon die out or may eventually completely transform due to lack of canon grounding.

I believe the show will end after Season 5 which will be in May of 2015. They might have a 5th Anniversary Special that October, but not worth going on for a 6th season or future seasons beyond that if you ask me. 5 seasons is enough and I'm certain that they can't make anymore plots beyond Season 5. Besides, G4 will continue until 2019 and that'll be a wrap. Hasbro is probably going to start focusing more on Equestria Girls then MLP and Equestria Academy (TV Show based on EG) will replace MLP FIM in 2015. Besides, this isn't a Japanese anime we are talking about. The fandom might be strong until 2017 or something like that and then most fans will leave due to getting tired and bored of the same fandom. Most fans will go to some other new fandom (Something that I'll probably hate like some show based on war and blood) and the Bronies will be dead. Or at least a very tiny number like the original 90s Pokemon fans who are still fans today. What do you mean by "lack of canon grounding"? Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's the truth. It pains me to know that fans would quit all because of it. But, that's what people are. They just want to grow up and forget the past and deal with the future. And everything the Bronies created like their radio stations, conventions, and everything else will be forgotten in the next 10 years. As if it never happened. And we will be back to 2010 when G3 was around. A good generation that most men criticized because they are too cruel to men and women who like it. I guess it's life though. People will never appreciate the past, I'm certain no one doesn't understand what good came out of the Civil War and World War II.

Go Up