Legends of Equestria announces Open Server Weekend Spectacular!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jun 07, 10:07:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CherryJoy

QuoteNo, you didn't.  It's going to happen on July 5-7.

Oh..
:P
Its July

Cotton Ball

Ugh the computer i was plannig on using got a sound viruis but it should be fixed by then
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

EtienneCool

wouhou  ^-^ I was waiting for an other test like that. Because :c I miss the other one. Can't wait to see what it looks like and to meet new friends!!! :D

LostSanity

I'm not sure why no one has asked this so I guess I'll ask.

What servers will be available to play on?

Or will the servers be the same as last time?
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Jun 12, 18:01:41
I'm not sure why no one has asked this so I guess I'll ask.

What servers will be available to play on?

Or will the servers be the same as last time?

I think its safe to assume it'll be the same as last time. I don't see why it matters though.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

scootalootf2

and it will be awesome if we could cosplay ponies, like this lol

not sure if there's a clothing system yet... just imagination XD

Tekner

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 12, 20:56:24
I think its safe to assume it'll be the same as last time. I don't see why it matters though.
Not necessarily. It's possible we'll have fewer servers this time for a couple reasons. Then again, two servers were brought up just before Canterlot Gardens and it was a complete surprise to me. Only time will tell.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 13, 03:15:32
Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 12, 20:56:24
Not necessarily. It's possible we'll have fewer servers this time for a couple reasons. Then again, two servers were brought up just before Canterlot Gardens and it was a complete surprise to me. Only time will tell.

Even so, I don't understand why it would matter in the current situation, aside from the possibility of flooding the servers. I didn't play much during the stress test, so I don't know if there were any player overload issues.

Mizuki

If there are more servers, it might help people who have trouble with lag, right? If so I think it could be a good thing :) Still it's one of those "we'll have to wait and see" things I'm sure

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Jun 13, 05:40:24
If there are more servers, it might help people who have trouble with lag, right? If so I think it could be a good thing :) Still it's one of those "we'll have to wait and see" things I'm sure

It could if they have servers in different locations around the world. Sadly, I can't remember if they did for the stress test. X3 Though if the individual servers couldn't handle the number of players they're set hold, more servers wouldn't help unless players changed to lower populated servers, or the servers were set to hold less.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 13, 06:09:50
Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Jun 13, 05:40:24

It could if they have servers in different locations around the world. Sadly, I can't remember if they did for the stress test. X3 Though if the individual servers couldn't handle the number of players they're set hold, more servers wouldn't help unless players changed to lower populated servers, or the servers were set to hold less.

I didn't get to play the stress test last year, but I do know that they had servers in different regions. We were told which servers were in US, Europe, and Sweden, if I remember correctly.

More servers could be kind of helpful in a way that hasn't been mentioned. Last year, I saw a lot of people saying things like "The Cadence server is down. Which one should we go to?" Whenever a server went down, there were still choices for people.

By the way, team, may I suggest that we label which servers are in which regions in-game this time? That may help a little more. People had to ask on the forum which ones were closest to where they were last time.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

Ohh I see, that's how it works.

Yeah, I think going to a less-populated server would definitely help with lag for  those of us with crummy machines! ^-^ Knowing where each server is located would also be a big help for a number of reasons.

Thanks for the help the both of yas :)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Asterian Starfall

"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

GlassMirror

someone probably asked this... But will our OC be on it? or do we have to create them?

p.s. This open server week is starting after my birthday, so expect an after birthday party!

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Jun 13, 19:08:42
someone probably asked this... But will our OC be on it? or do we have to create them?

p.s. This open server week is starting after my birthday, so expect an after birthday party!

You have to create him/her. The game is still in pre-alpha stages, so there's not a whole lot to choose from right now and as such it will be difficult to accurately replicate an OC, but it'll be added to as they go along.

If I stay on these forums much more, the moderators will be out of a job.  lol
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jun 13, 19:11:02
If I stay on these forums much more, the moderators will be out of a job.  lol

not even close  lol
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Asterian Starfall

Aww, come on, Sleuth, I was just kidding. Trying to lighten the mood a bit is all.

Go Up